Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    Again makes me wonder about Perry with the TWolves playing musical chairs with Taj and NV. Vonleh signed a one year deal for all or part of the MLE or the bi-annual. Why couldn't we keep him

He can hit the 3, Taj can't.

Vonleh 25 Taj 34.

Both short term deals, Taj 20M Vonleh less than 10M.

Makes me wonder about Perry.
    True. Well said.

I think Taj was signed bc of his age, to provide this young roster with vet guidance. Vonleh or Portis is probably the better comparison.

Maybe they liked Portis bc he punched a European?

I would have liked to keep Vonleh, but it is what it is.

Mills didn't say he could get a meeting with KL based on his relationship with his uncle, the media did.
    As for the signings, smart moves. They would not have been there later because too many teams need to fill there rosters.
    FAs don't want to be here, we don't need them.

Veteran

Kawhi continues to draw things out. Clippers and Raptors in particular are teams that maybe could have had a big impact on free agency if they knew they were not getting Kawhi, now, Iím not sure what is left out there for them.

Veteran

Chandler Parsons traded to Atlanta. He was arguably one of the worst free agent signings in recent history.

People forget all the stupid **** other teams constantly do because the media is always talking about us.

Veteran

Boban to Mavericks. Another white guy for Mark Cuban. Just throwing that out there.

Veteran

Interesting point made by SAS. Kawhi has 2 championship rings and Lebron has 3. Kawhi is never going to catch Lebron playing on the Lakers with him. Is Kawhi really the kind of guy who wants to help further cement Lebronís legacy? No idea if he even cares.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    Interesting point made by SAS. Kawhi has 2 championship rings and Lebron has 3. Kawhi is never going to catch Lebron playing on the Lakers with him. Is Kawhi really the kind of guy who wants to help further cement Lebronís legacy? No idea if he even cares.
    One of my coworkers made solid case today for KL joining the Clippers. I guess we will know later tonight or tomorrow.

Veteran

Strong buzz that Kawhi will resign with the Raptors for 2 years and then go for a max contract in 2021 when he has had 10 years in the league.

If this is true, Raptors are the favorite to repeat. Clippers are screwed. Lakers are not scary at all. Nets wonít be able to even win the division. We look okay for aiming for 2021.

If he signs the 2 year deal... Heís going to LAC or NY then. He wants to repeat with TOR... get his money... then see what LAC or NYK look like this time next Summer.

If he wanted Lakers he would go there now. He probably wants LAC but since they ainít ready yet... heíll wait 1 more season.

Another reason Knicks need to bust it this year... win 40 and be in a position to attract players.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    If he signs the 2 year deal... Heís going to LAC or NY then. He wants to repeat with TOR... get his money... then see what LAC or NYK look like this time next Summer.

If he wanted Lakers he would go there now. He probably wants LAC but since they ainít ready yet... heíll wait 1 more season.

Another reason Knicks need to bust it this year... win 40 and be in a position to attract players.
    Iím not stupid. I know this franchise will never sign a star free agent while Dolan owns the team.

But...spend the next 2 seasons turning RJ and MRob into stars and change the culture here. Then, you open up the massive cap space again in 2021 and you pitch your ass off to get Kawhi and Giannis to come here together.

Iím not stupid. I know this franchise will never sign a star free agent while Dolan owns the team.

But...spend the next 2 seasons turning RJ and MRob into stars and change the culture here. Then, you open up the massive cap space again in 2021 and you pitch your ass off to get Kawhi and Giannis to come here together.
    I donít believe itís necessarily Dolan... itís the fact this team has sucked for 20 years.

If this group comes together, they will flock to MSG.

But the losing and the negative press, along with Melo treatment and Oakley...

Toss in the enormous city and state taxes and cost of living, the frigid temps...

Then thereís the press... the media... and, letís be honest, this Lebron generation of players are mentally soft... in terms of having testicular fortitude to earn things on their own... they fear this ďfranchise saviorĒ tag.

What Iím trying to say, is they are extremely self-conscious about their place in history, their legacy and standing amongst their peers, that they want to microwave their brand and find shortest route to multiple titles...

They want to equal what MJ did but donít want the burden to do it by themselves... they seek comfort in numbers and want to mitigate all risks...

Itís the Video game generation that wants to create their own super teams, get out ahead of the narrative.

This different approach has made these cats run from NY... not bc of Dolan... but bc dolanís organization canít offer them what they seek...

So, without a clear path to ensure multiple Conf Finals appearances, all the other stuff (taxes, weather, losing) takes Knicks off the table completely.

If RJ-MRob, Randle and dSJ put this team back in the map... stars will come running.

I donít care tho... I want this slow broil rebuild now. Then say NO to these guys.

Veteran

Clippers are out on Kawhi. People can laugh at us, but this offseason is devastating for the Clippers who with Balmer and Doc seemed like a franchise on the rise.

Down between Toronto and Lakers. Kawhi reportedly wants Lakers but is concerned about compatibility of big 3. Drake at Raptor meetings and is offering to include Kawhi with his record label, which is weird.

12th man

Clippers are out on Kawhi. People can laugh at us, but this offseason is devastating for the Clippers who with Balmer and Doc seemed like a franchise on the rise.

Down between Toronto and Lakers. Kawhi reportedly wants Lakers but is concerned about compatibility of big 3. Drake at Raptor meetings and is offering to include Kawhi with his record label, which is weird.
    Clips still not out of the running ‘til he says no. Unlike the Lakers they didn’t stand still waiting for Kawhi, got a 1st Magruder, Moe Harkless 2 decent players. No one has taken a shot at Boogie yet with Woj saying no one wants him even for a 1 yr 5M deal, if Clips don’t get KL I’d take a shot at Cuz for a 1 yr cheap deal.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    Clips still not out of the running Ďtil he says no. Unlike the Lakers they didnít stand still waiting for Kawhi, got a 1st Magruder, Moe Harkless 2 decent players. No one has taken a shot at Boogie yet with Woj saying no one wants him even for a 1 yr 5M deal, if Clips donít get KL Iíd take a shot at Cuz for a 1 yr cheap deal.
    The report that I read said that Clippers were out and that Kawhi was down to Lakers or Raptors.

The thing about the Clippers is that their supporting cast is strong now. No stars for them next offseason. Big disappointment to strike out when they could have been a legit contender with Kawhi.

If Iím them, Iím thinking trade now.