Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223 LastLast

LAC have the richest owner in sports (Steve Ballmer), the “logo” (Jerry West) is their mastermind, and Doc Rivers is the HC... they have SGA and a nice mix of prospects and vets... they made playoffs last season... and the Clippers are located in his hometown.

If Kawhi goes to the Clippers, a team has never even reached the WCf, and wins a chip... he goes down as arguably the greatest player ever.

If he goes to Lakers he’s helping to further bloat LeBron’s legacy...

I get why the lure to play with AD-LJ together in LA is enticing... win a couple more chips, LeBron retires... KL and KD carry the torch (both are about 27 years-old).

Kawhi has earned the right to join a super team since he defeated 2 of the best of them in MIA and GSW...

But I would be disappointed if the Clippers couldn’t pull off what Nets were successful in doing... then again, Lakers have players to attract others... NYK did not.

I heard that one question KL asked Lamers during meeting, was he asked Magic if he tried to trade for KL when he left SA. He probably knew the answer... Magic said he did, of course, but the price was too exorbitant. Spurs wanted 4 picks and a bunch of players...

KL has to be thinking to himself, “ok, well, that’s the price you paid for AD. So, before you signed LeBron or traded for AD, you wouldn’t pay the cost to bring me home and that meant I got shipped out of the country, banished to TOR, but now you want me to take less money to come join LJ and AD and bail you out? Come to an org with a dysfunctional owner and tenable coaching situation, to a team that hasn’t made playoffs in years?”

I believe the meeting with LAK was a courtesy meeting, just like Perry believes his meeting with us was.

I wouldn’t be shocked if he decided to join that team... but staying another year in TOR, to defend title and qualify for 10 year super max, and keeping NYC/LA options open for 12-24 months.. or going the LAC, with everything they possess (on and off the court)... those seem like the more likely scenarios.

Kawhi Leonard and Paul George join the Clippers: The early winners and losers https://theathletic.com/1058910/2019...rs-and-losers/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veteran

Wow, I thought Clippers were out, but now they do this. They lose SGA and either trade away or swap every 1st round pick for what feels like a decade to get Paul George.

PG and Kawhi vs Lebron and AD. Going to be interesting.

Veteran

Yup so much for the NBA rumor mill. So when the game of musical chairs stopped the Knicks were left standing. So what did this years' NBA free agency teach us? NBA superstars don't want to go to losing, badly run franchises with a terrible owner to be the savior(Knicks). Franchises like that don't even get a meeting. Instead NBA superstars will align themselves with well run franchises on a winning trajectory. The "Knicks Tank" rolled over and crushed our chances in the best NBA free agency Summer in years. So I am officially off "Team Tank." No more rooting for loses and ineptitude. No more rooting more counting lottery balls and crying about how "1 or 2 wins" cost us a spot or two in the lottery. Our one good lottery pick got traded(Porzingis), Knits is a bust, and Knox is still a question mark. All that losing with next to nothing to showed for it. NOTHING. Throw in a question mark for a coach, questionable front office, and a crappy owner and there you have it. Instead of KD, Kyrie, Kwahi, or any or worthwhile free agent, you end up with Julius Randle and a bunch of JAGS(just another guys). The allure of playing in the Garden is lore from yesteryear. NBA stars are well under 40 so they don't remember or care about playing in MSG. Instead this generation of stars want to work for good ownership and play for winning franchises. Please don't sell us any more wolf tickets James Dolan and Co. about "attracting quality free agents" and all that other nonsense. Put a competent team on the floor instead of trying to LOSE 60 games a season. Stop throwing NBA royalty(Charles Oakley) out of the building for pointing out the obvious. Stop acting like a bunch of clowns that know better than the rest of us. Stop asking us to trust you when you have done NOTHING TO EARN OR DESERVE OUR TRUST. Shut up and get your act together or this nonsense will keep happening over and over and over again.

12th man

Absolutely stunning news. I feel bad for the Raps fans not only losing KL but Danny Green as well, they won their championship which I guess is worth the price of the 1 year rental of two starters that got them their rings.

For the NBA I'm glad he chose the Clips and not the Lakers. Sets up a more competitive NBA WC with Kawhi on the Clips instead of joining the Lakers.

Mammoth shift this offseason in the competitive balance of the NBA with all these stars changing teams.

Will the Raps go from winning the championship to missing the playoffs next year.

Will Russ try to force his way out of OKC to join the Lakers next.

Is this the end of the Warriors dynasty? Will they miss the playoffs next year.

Makes me salty as a Knicks fan seeing all these stars change teams and the Knicks were not even in play for one of them. Dark day for Knicks fans when you traded away your franchise player for cap space and you come away with Julius Randle. Those Dallas picks are also far into the future and if Cuban is right about Porzingis and Doncic they might be crappy late first round picks. We hope one of the young guys is a star but after seeing RJ yesterday it might be years before that happens.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by jimkcchief88 View Post
    Yup so much for the NBA rumor mill. So when the game of musical chairs stopped the Knicks were left standing. So what did this years' NBA free agency teach us? NBA superstars don't want to go to losing, badly run franchises with a terrible owner to be the savior(Knicks). Franchises like that don't even get a meeting. Instead NBA superstars will align themselves with well run franchises on a winning trajectory. The "Knicks Tank" rolled over and crushed our chances in the best NBA free agency Summer in years. So I am officially off "Team Tank." No more rooting for loses and ineptitude. No more rooting more counting lottery balls and crying about how "1 or 2 wins" cost us a spot or two in the lottery. Our one good lottery pick got traded(Porzingis), Knits is a bust, and Knox is still a question mark. All that losing with next to nothing to showed for it. NOTHING. Throw in a question mark for a coach, questionable front office, and a crappy owner and there you have it. Instead of KD, Kyrie, Kwahi, or any or worthwhile free agent, you end up with Julius Randle and a bunch of JAGS(just another guys). The allure of playing in the Garden is lore from yesteryear. NBA stars are well under 40 so they don't remember or care about playing in MSG. Instead this generation of stars want to work for good ownership and play for winning franchises. Please don't sell us any more wolf tickets James Dolan and Co. about "attracting quality free agents" and all that other nonsense. Put a competent team on the floor instead of trying to LOSE 60 games a season. Stop throwing NBA royalty(Charles Oakley) out of the building for pointing out the obvious. Stop acting like a bunch of clowns that know better than the rest of us. Stop asking us to trust you when you have done NOTHING TO EARN OR DESERVE OUR TRUST. Shut up and get your act together or this nonsense will keep happening over and over and over again.
    Exactly, Chief. If you don't want to switch sides and start rooting for the Nets you can at least stop drinking that Kool Aid their forcing us to drink and stop spending money on the Knicks. If there is any team that should have the worst attendance in the league, it should be the Knicks and not the Nets.

On the brighter side with KL now in the west, the EC became more competitive. Maybe Coach Fizdale can make good on his and his wife's prediction that this upcoming season will be amazing and the Knicks can actually string together enough wins to compete for the playoffs but I'm thinking 32 win season at most for this group.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    Wow, I thought Clippers were out, but now they do this. They lose SGA and either trade away or swap every 1st round pick for what feels like a decade to get Paul George.

PG and Kawhi vs Lebron and AD. Going to be interesting.
    Clips didn't sit on their hands waiting for Kawhi either, got Harkless, Magruder, resigned Beverly and now have the top two way players in the league. I'd see if Cuz is interested in a one year cheap deal to top off this amazing season for them, Clips should be a magnet for guys wanting to play on cheap deals to win a ring like the Dubs were.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    Clips didn't sit on their hands waiting for Kawhi either, got Harkless, Magruder, resigned Beverly and now have the top two way players in the league. I'd see if Cuz is interested in a one year cheap deal to top off this amazing season for them, Clips should be a magnet for guys wanting to play on cheap deals to win a ring like the Dubs were.
    Clips look to start Zubic who is a RFA at the 5, they have the room exception to bring in Cuz. PG is also another spot they could use some help with the often injured PatBev as their projected starter.

Veteran

Here’s my question. If you are the Lakers and you knew it possibly meant getting Kawhi in free agency, do you trade for PG instead of AD?

Cousins, Danny Green, Rondo, KCP, Cook, Jamal McGee all sigh with Lakers

Our haul is better, no? That’s what happens when you wait on a max guy. This is how LAK spent their available
    Max slot money.

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    Cousins, Danny Green, Rondo, KCP, Cook, Jamal McGee all sigh with Lakers

Our haul is better, no? That’s what happens when you wait on a max guy. This is how LAK spent their available
    Max slot money.
    Lakers did pretty good after not getting Kawhi.

Sig made by Sons of Thunder

Veteran

Clippers better win something. They are paying 1st round picks for this deal all the way until 2026. I think this has to be the most that any team has ever traded away in a single deal.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by jimkcchief88 View Post
    Y So I am officially off "Team Tank."
    sorry but da tank keeps rollin on....

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by paris401 View Post
    sorry but da tank keeps rollin on....
    The tank will have no choice but to keep rolling when Juliuis Randle is your “star player.” I’m just done rooting for loses. And I won’t listen to any “reasoning” about why we should root for loses.
    It was stupid to begin with and against the nature of competition. Now the free agents have spoken. Top flight free agents (not lower tier like we signed) refused to join a crappy team franchise like ours. They went to good teams to make them great. So the next poster that tells me that losing is actually good I’m going to remind them about this week. And how our Knicks got spurned even though we had the dough because our team stank to high heaven. No good free agents wanted to play for the Knicks minus KP. We couldn’t give our $$$$ away to any free agent worth a crap. And our front office stinks and lies every time their lips move. Someone’s head should be rolling down Madison Avenue because of this travesty on Chief.

12th man

Absolutely stunning news. I feel bad for the Raps fans not only losing KL but Danny Green as well, they won their championship which I guess is worth the price of the 1 year rental of two starters that got them their rings.

For the NBA I'm glad he chose the Clips and not the Lakers. Sets up a more competitive NBA WC with Kawhi on the Clips instead of joining the Lakers.

Mammoth shift this offseason in the competitive balance of the NBA with all these stars changing teams.

Will the Raps go from winning the championship to missing the playoffs next year.

Will Russ try to force his way out of OKC to join the Lakers next.

Is this the end of the Warriors dynasty? Will they miss the playoffs next year.

Makes me salty as a Knicks fan seeing all these stars change teams and the Knicks were not even in play for one of them. Dark day for Knicks fans when you traded away your franchise player for cap space and you come away with Julius Randle. Those Dallas picks are also far into the future and if Cuban is right about Porzingis and Doncic they might be crappy late first round picks. We hope one of the young guys is a star but after seeing RJ yesterday it might be years before that happens.
    Reports that Russ wants out of OKC and will request a trade before the start of the season. He'd love to go to the Lakers or Clips but I doubt they have the assets that could get him from OKC.