Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 ... LastLast

We wouldn’t feel bad if we had KP and RJ, right?

So, now the decision to trade KP makes us look even worse than if we had simply failed to win Zion lottery and miss out of free agency yet again.

Knicks got very little back now...

Lee and Timmy’s salary didn’t need to be dumped. DSJ offers little hope and those 2 draft picks could be in the 20s...

Like we all expected, events played out in worst possible scenario for NYK. As they always do under Dolan.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    Nets will be signing KD, Kyrie, and DeAndre Jordan. Interested to see the details of DJ’s contract.

Would anyone on here really rather this be us?
    Maybe all or part of the non-tax MLE is what I think he gets.

Exactly. Time to accumulate picks...

DSJ
    RJ
    Knox
    Randle
    MRob

With Trier, Dotson and kids on the bench.

Just sign Julius Randle, please.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    We wouldn’t feel bad if we had KP and RJ, right?

So, now the decision to trade KP makes us look even worse than if we had simply failed to win Zion lottery and miss out of free agency yet again.

Knicks got very little back now...

Lee and Timmy’s salary didn’t need to be dumped. DSJ offers little hope and those 2 draft picks could be in the 20s...

Like we all expected, events played out in worst possible scenario for NYK. As they always do under Dolan.
    Trading KP the way that we did was a mistake. I agree. Our front office jumped the gun and screwed that up. I’m still glad he’s gone to some extent. I want this season to be about RJ and MRob.

Veteran

Everything they built just got demolished. Kyrie will undermine the coach... Just like what happened with Brad... KD will return next year and that’s their window.

Lavert, Harris and Allen isn’t exactly Magic, Worthy and Kareem.

Good for them for being more attractive.... but these non-NYers will soon discover most of the tri-state area could care less about Nets, and winning with Nets not as monumental...

And now KD looks like a dude who can be recruited, even tho he tweeted otherwise, and he followed Kyrie to join a playoff team without him.

Can't sell this either Maf cuhz had we got Kyrie and KD everything you just said applies to us. Kyrie would've destroyed the good culture Fiz has built and forced Perry to operate as a pressure GM.

Nope Brooklyn is in a great place right now, doesn't mean we can 't one day share the same space. Game Recognize Game...Kudos to Brooklyn I have no animosity towards them whatsoever

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    Can't sell this either Maf cuhz had we got Kyrie and KD everything you just said applies to us. Kyrie would've destroyed the good culture Fiz has built and forced Perry to operate as a pressure GM.

Nope Brooklyn is in a great place right now, doesn't mean we can 't one day share the same space. Game Recognize Game...Kudos to Brooklyn I have no animosity towards them whatsoever
    No question Brooklyn’s front office killed it. They did everything they could and more. That said, I still don’t think this will work out for them.

We have culture here? Fizdale being talked about as one of the bright young coaches?

I don’t think Nets will be better next year... a 40 win team? Maybe, maybe not.

I would gladly like had both signed with us but you know half the talk would be about this not being a slam dunk and that most likely it would backfire.

Kyrie and KD and our young team vs Kyrie and KD and their young team... not much difference to me in terms of talent... Our may actually prove to be better.

I love that Nets did this. Anything that helps remove Dolan from the equation. I actually hope they win, just so KD realizes nobody cares about the Nets.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    No question Brooklyn’s front office killed it. They did everything they could and more. That said, I still don’t think this will work out for them.
    A lot of Grandiose things that were put together by organizations last decade or so never really reached Peak Success when we look back in hindsight. Look how it ended for GSW kind of anti-climatic crazy. KD stole a lot of their glory while damaging his credibility. Look at Cousins and where he's at, Curry is not widely accepted as a GOAT, Klay is a gimp

With that being said, again had this been us then the same thought of eventuality would be equal...which means it probably wouldn't have worked out for us

Kawhi is still available, guys and girls (girls lol).

Sig made by Sons of Thunder

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by RunningJumper View Post
    Kawhi is still available, guys and girls (girls lol).
    Almost seems certain he is going to Lakers.

Veteran

As a Knicks fan, you think “of course this happened, our owner is awful and our culture is bad”.

As a Clippers fan, you have to be thinking “what the hell? Great owner. Great coach. Playoff team last year. How the hell are we striking out again?”

Veteran

We have culture here? Fizdale being talked about as one of the bright young coaches?

I don’t think Nets will be better next year... a 40 win team? Maybe, maybe not.

I would gladly like had both signed with us but you know half the talk would be about this not being a slam dunk and that most likely it would backfire.

Kyrie and KD and our young team vs Kyrie and KD and their young team... not much difference to me in terms of talent... Our may actually prove to be better.

I love that Nets did this. Anything that helps remove Dolan from the equation. I actually hope they win, just so KD realizes nobody cares about the Nets.
    I don't know if this will work but it has lots of promise it will. There will be plenty of buzz around this team and because people are fickle and will bandwagon on the movement, they'll definitely care if they win. DA MEDIA will blow this up to high heavens if so, especially with all the KD/Lebron and legacy place in history onversation

Veteran

Nets own this day. No question.

JJ Reddick to Pelicans. Big loss for Philly. Maybe Philly signs Horford now if they lose Harris and/or Butler.

I don't know if this will work but it has lots of promise it will. There will be plenty of buzz around this team and because people are fickle and will bandwagon on the movement, they'll definitely care if they win. DA MEDIA will blow this up to high heavens if so, especially with all the KD/Lebron and legacy place in history onversation
    Everybody thought Nets were on the path in 2013... then that blew up.

Knicks have a great shot to be the better b-ball team in the city next season. If they accomplish that, the narrative will be different in 12 months...

Of course, they’ll have KD returning then... but they’ll be pressure on them to win immediately.

Let’s hope this puts a chip on our kids shoulder... the stars rejected them and the
    Nation is laughing at them... what are they gonna do about that?

Start on Friday and kick Zion’s butt.

The Mavericks and Kristaps Porzingis have reached agreement on a new five-year, $158 million contract.
    The Mavs took a big chance on Porzingis and not just because of his ACL tear. However, prior to his injury, Porzingis was having a big 2017-18 season with averages of 22.7 points, 6.6 boards, 1.2 dimes, 2.4 blocks, 0.8 steals and 1.9 treys over those 48 games. Porzingis is going to be 24 in August and he should be close to 100% with his injury happening way back on Feb. 6 in 2018. He and Luka Doncic figure to be one of the better Euro combos in NBA history, and Porzingis is worth a look in the third round of drafts.