Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    12th man

The Knicks adding and signing 7 decent FA in the offseason to go alongside their young-core group of players for the upcoming season has a very good chance of becoming a .500 team in the 2019-20 season. The only thing that stops the the Knicks from becoming a .500 team in the upcoming season are the decision-making of Dolan/Front-office/or the same foolish head-coaching moves as the previous season.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyaman View Post
    The Knicks adding and signing 7 decent FA in the offseason to go alongside their young-core group of players for the upcoming season has a very good chance of becoming a .500 team in the 2019-20 season. The only thing that stops the the Knicks from becoming a .500 team in the upcoming season are the decision-making of Dolan/Front-office/or the same foolish head-coaching moves as the previous season.
    each single year we face the same thing, we get hyped about the new and good players and then season goes downhill...... the knicks tried hiring good GMs like Phil Jackson, but even him could not do a good job........ Dolan said he will not interfere, and it seems he is not..... the rest are doing a decent job, i don't konw about Fiz, he always say the nice things but he is not Popovich...... will we ever have a coach of Pops caliber... I think that is the only way we can climb out of this eternal hole

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by The Dragon View Post
    each single year we face the same thing, we get hyped about the new and good players and then season goes downhill...... the knicks tried hiring good GMs like Phil Jackson, but even him could not do a good job........ Dolan said he will not interfere, and it seems he is not..... the rest are doing a decent job, i don't konw about Fiz, he always say the nice things but he is not Popovich...... will we ever have a coach of Pops caliber... I think that is the only way we can climb out of this eternal hole

We did have a coach of Pop's caliber named Pat Riley, who grabbed Starks and Anthony Mason from the CBA league to take us to the FINALS. We all know what happen after the meeting Riley & Dolan had .. Pat Riley Quit.
    And we hired Rileys assistant coach JVG as head coach, after a couple months of Don Nelson.

Phil Jackson is a NBA HOF coach .. Phil had no history of being a GM or president when he signed on to the Knicks to be Dolan's PUPPET President !!!

Veteran

.. Phil had no history of being a GM or president when he signed on to the Knicks to be Dolan's PUPPET President !!!
    not saying u r wrong...BUT... what proof can u offer?? dolan said he was giving the reins to phil to run the show... i didn't hear of him interfering with phil's decision's - as $hitty as they were...

I haven't read anyones responses yet but I'm pretty sure that almost everyones answer to the title of this thread is JAMES DOLAN

Oh and I also think it has to do with bad karma

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by paris401 View Post
    not saying u r wrong...BUT... what proof can u offer?? dolan said he was giving the reins to phil to run the show... i didn't hear of him interfering with phil's decision's - as $hitty as they were...
    Phil Jackson first trade on the Knicks, and Phil's first FA signing were top orders from up-stairs owner Dolan ....
    1) Trading center Tyson Chandler, because Tyson made several comments bout Melo's poor defensive-switch always lead to opponent scoring easy baskets (same comment Camby made bout Melo on the Denver Nuggets losing in the first round playoffs to be quickly traded in the off-season.
    2) And the resigning of FA Melo, who let everyone know at the start of the previous season he would rather play for the next team when he became a FA.

The above two moves were done by Phil Jackson in his first off-season as the Knicks president however, those two decision came from Dolan.
    My biggest beef against HOF coach Phil Jackson as Knick president were Phil fired the entire Knicks coaching-staff, then hired a worst coaching-staff than he fired to replace them.
    Bottom Line .. we all knew Phil had no history as a GM or President (Dolan included) !!!

Quote Originally Posted by KNICKS MOB View Post
    I haven't read anyones responses yet but I'm pretty sure that almost everyones answer to the title of this thread is JAMES DOLAN
    we all say that, but last few years he is doing nothing, or at least appears to do nothing...... what did he do recently that damaged the team that much?

we all say that, but last few years he is doing nothing, or at least appears to do nothing...... what did he do recently that damaged the team that much?
    His presence alone gives us bad luck.

No but seriously he shouldn't have said anything in free agency.
    That could've rubbed some free agents the wrong way.

Other than that the hires he has made have been decent.

12th man

In the past 40 years the Knicks has been one of the top 5 teams having the most sell-out games at home in MSG .. The Knicks went on a decade of LOSING- Streak and still were one of the Top-5 sold-out stadiums in the NBA.
    So far at the start of the millenium Dolan has concoted two plans .. Dolan's first Plan A .. were to spend a $100M cap each season on star players to make the playoffs .. Plan A became unsuccessful throughout a decade.
    Now .. Dolan has been using Plan B for a half of decade, by receiving a 1 to 10 first round NBA draft pick in 4 of the Knicks past 5 season.
    Dolan has even tried to take the Knicks international by selecting over-sea players in the draft with the Knicks top 10 picks in the NBA first round.

In 2014-15 Knicks had a 17 win season to receive the 4th pick in draft ..
    In 2016-17 Knicks had a 31 win season to receive the 9th pick in draft ..
    In 2017-18 Knicks had a 29 win season to receive the 9th pick in draft ..
    In 2018-19 Knicks had a 17 win season to receive the 3rd pick in draft ..

What's wrong with Dolan's Plan B? Dolan's front-office did not hire several of the unemployed ex-headcoaches for the Knicks coaching-staff to mentor college players into NBA players.

In the past 40 years the Knicks has been one of the top 5 teams having the most sell-out games at home in MSG .. The Knicks went on a decade of LOSING- Streak and still were one of the Top-5 sold-out stadiums in the NBA.
    So far at the start of the millenium Dolan has concoted two plans .. Dolan's first Plan A .. were to spend a $100M cap each season on star players to make the playoffs .. Plan A became unsuccessful throughout a decade.
    Now .. Dolan has been using Plan B for a half of decade, by receiving a 1 to 10 first round NBA draft pick in 4 of the Knicks past 5 season.
    Dolan has even tried to take the Knicks international by selecting over-sea players in the draft with the Knicks top 10 picks in the NBA first round.

In 2014-15 Knicks had a 17 win season to receive the 4th pick in draft ..
    In 2016-17 Knicks had a 31 win season to receive the 9th pick in draft ..
    In 2017-18 Knicks had a 29 win season to receive the 9th pick in draft ..
    In 2018-19 Knicks had a 17 win season to receive the 3rd pick in draft ..

What's wrong with Dolan's Plan B? Dolan's front-office did not hire several of the unemployed ex-headcoaches for the Knicks coaching-staff to mentor college players into NBA players.
    But is it a one man show? i can't believe that an organization as big as the knicks is dominated by the opinion of Dolan, if so, at least the people who left it will criticize him, especially somebody like Phil Jackson. and i believe our current fron office is good, right?

12th man

But is it a one man show? i can't believe that an organization as big as the knicks is dominated by the opinion of Dolan, if so, at least the people who left it will criticize him, especially somebody like Phil Jackson. and i believe our current fron office is good, right?
    Yeah .. its still a one man show .. I recall a guy name Herb Williams being a Knick top assistant head-coach under 4 or 5 of the Knicks head-coaches.
    And only one of the Knicks head-coaches approve of Herb being his top assistant coach (Don Chaney).
    The Knicks having a majority of young-core players for the 2nd season again (that just had a 17 win season and not firing the head-coach), you would think the Knicks front-office would've invested in one or two of the many unemployed head-coaches in this offseason to be Fizdale's top assistant-coach throughout the upcoming 2019-20 season. All the front office did was add their G.League head-coach to Fizdale's staff (Mike Miller).

For years a lot of NBA teams journeymen head-coaches has been needing the help of a veteran head-coach on their coaching-staff to be able to run a decent offense consistently, or a decent defense consistently to win games.
    Last season ....
    Did Fizdale's offense need help? YES! 17 win season!
    Did Fizdale's defense need help? YES! 17 win season!
    Did Fizdale's lineups need help? YES! ......................!
    Did Fizdale's substitution need help? YES! ................!
    How much does Dolan/Mills/Perry believe their off-season moves will produce a .500 performance Knick team in the upcoming season ???

Yeah .. its still a one man show .. I recall a guy name Herb Williams being a Knick top assistant head-coach under 4 or 5 of the Knicks head-coaches.
    And only one of the Knicks head-coaches approve of Herb being his top assistant coach (Don Chaney).
    The Knicks having a majority of young-core players for the 2nd season again (that just had a 17 win season and not firing the head-coach), you would think the Knicks front-office would've invested in one or two of the many unemployed head-coaches in this offseason to be Fizdale's top assistant-coach throughout the upcoming 2019-20 season. All the front office did was add their G.League head-coach to Fizdale's staff (Mike Miller).

For years a lot of NBA teams journeymen head-coaches has been needing the help of a veteran head-coach on their coaching-staff to be able to run a decent offense consistently, or a decent defense consistently to win games.
    Last season ....
    Did Fizdale's offense need help? YES! 17 win season!
    Did Fizdale's defense need help? YES! 17 win season!
    Did Fizdale's lineups need help? YES! ......................!
    Did Fizdale's substitution need help? YES! ................!
    How much does Dolan/Mills/Perry believe their off-season moves will produce a .500 performance Knick team in the upcoming season ???
    I agree with all that BUT, do we have a better coach/player/assistant who wants to come to NY and we said no or hired somebody else? it is this vicious circle of good coaches\players\assistants... do not want to come until you are good and winning and you can't win until good coaches\players\assistants... join!!!! go figure

Hi everybody,
    1st time posting.
    Got a question or two.
    1. What was KP upset/mad with Phil about that he slip the exist meeting?
    2. If KP was upset with Phil and Phil was gone then what was the problem or problems that made him not want to sign a new contract?
    3. Doesn't the above two(2) question say that there was a deeper problem than Phil(if Phil was a problem at all).
    4. Why didn't Fiz notice something was wrong with KP on his 3 week visit last summer(2018)? Fiz is suppose to be this player WHISPER!
    5. If Mills/Perry since something was wrong with KP then why wait until this year(2019) trading deadline to make a desperate trade?

All this tell me is that there was a problem with KP during his rookie season. It doesn't seem like it was Phil!!! The problem was still there after Phil left. SO WHAT WAS THE PROBLEM OR PROBLEMS???

KP was pissed at how PJax treated Melo...

His brother, Jan, kind of got in the way... his camp didnít believe in Dolan/Mills, and that duo has been there regardless...

And, yes, all NYK problems stem from the inability of Dolan-Mills leadership combo.

Fiz went to Latvia to sell his vision.... supposedly, KP irked they didnít want him returning last season and that first rift manifested itself when Fiz told the media KP would take time (to which KP immediately tweeted out his workout routine). Notice he never played for DAL either....

I think Perry acted quickly bc he believed he would lose leverage if KP went public with his trade demand. Theyíll tell you it wasnít about cap space, that getting a young player and first rounders was part of the package... but the main motivation probably came from their misplaced beliefs that KD was coming.

The smart play would have been to hold on to KP and see if he walks at end of this season.... but nobody ever accused Dolan and Mills of having an abundance of practical intelligence. Their first mistake was stretching Noah...