Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    12th man

I still think Porzingis was irked by the Knicks not giving him that max extension while he was rehabbing from his knee injury. I think the Knicks wanted him to come back in late Feb or Mar to evaluate him before giving him a max deal and he and his brother intended to take the entire season off to ensure a complete recovery. He's happy that Cuban acceded to his demands not rushing him back to play and also giving him his max deal.

That Knicks front office also has a credibility problem with no track record of winning and little to show except for tossing around cliches like changing the culture, building the team the right way etc. Porzingis wasn't buying it like most of the big name FA's.

Being pissed with Phil about Melo?? Enough to make him slip an exist meeting and he's just a rookie. Who in the hell did he think he WAS!! I agree with Phil for getting rid of Melo and KP. Should have never given Melo a new contract. Just one of his mistake but at least he saw it and tried to correct it.

I'm not sure that the above cause was the real problem with KP.
    I do think you are correct in the Dolan/Mills assessment. If Phil is gone then the problem should have been solve but it wasn't and that only leave Dolan/Mills.

I'm not a big or small Perry fan. Don't think he know talent or how to put a team together.
    My problem is that Mills/Perry try to sell us(Fans) on a pipe-dream of 1st round overall pick(Zion) and FA(Durant & Irving). They had no plan B that is why they went and hided from public for a couple of weeks. I wouldn't have drafted Barnett and that other kid(Izzg). Trading back with Atlanta was what I would have done.

We as fans whether we want to acknowledge it have a very large problem. It like walking into a doctor office and him telling you that you have 'Big C'. QUESTION - HOW DO YOU GET RID OF IT???

There was also the issue of his brother wanting more control within NYK .org...

“Porzingis didn’t like how the Knicks handled the end of the Carmelo Anthony era

Porzingis’ frustration began during his second season in 2016-17. Then-Knicks boss Phil Jackson spent the year publicly feuding with star Carmelo Anthony. Jackson wanted to move on from Anthony, but his efforts were complicated by Anthony’s no-trade clause.

When the 2016-17 season, Jackson told reporters he thought Anthony would be better off chasing a championship ring elsewhere.

“I think the direction with our team is that he would be better off somewhere else,” Jackson said according to ESPN’s Ian Begley.

Later that day, Porzingis skipped his season-ending exit interview.”

I think we lost a very good player in KP, will he be healthy and play to his potential? nobody knows... what is funny in the current NBA that players have so much power, to the extent that they are damaging the whole thing.... they demand loyalty from the team but no player (except few maybe) is offering any loyalty, they are just chasing money.... the idea of franchise player is lost, the best players in the league are jumping from one team to the other. in the old days when you say Ewing you say Knicks, Jordan, Bulls, Kobe... Lakers.... through ups and downs.......... these players were the anchor where other things build around them, now who should retire Lebron's jersey? Cavs, Miami or the Lakers? back then players like KP would fight for several years to win something with their team, that will give the team space to change things in the proper way if they are not good, but now you have to win NOW in anyway, you just borrow players and stick them together and pray they will be good..... you can't have a great player who will take your team up the hill, maybe we have to change the way we are building our team...... if RJ is an all star in two years, and we are not winning, he will simply do the same... and the next draft pick and the next......

Crazy to think that Charlie Ward (1996?) was the last first round draft pick we signed to a second contract. Hardaway doesn’t count bc we traded him first.

I totally agree that the current economic structure, as spelled out in the CBA, isn’t working. The idea of max and supermax and catering the system to encourage A stars to remain in their small markets isn’t working. Agents and players skirt around the language by simply signing shorter deals with opt outs.

The cap situation is so convoluted. Like when Keith Van horn came out of retirement to be added as filler in a trade to make salaries work.

There will be a work stoppage and a dramatic re-working of the entire rigamarole....

Basically, Knicks dealt KP for 2 first rounders, and it’ll take a few years to see if they recovered any value.

Knicks should be featuring KP, DSJ or Mitchell, Knox and RJ as their dynamic young quartet.

They messed up the KP relationship, blew the Knits pick....

They had to use KP to atone for their Frank mistake, but DSJ or Mitchell should’ve already been here.

KP and Doncic will probably when multiple titles.

But it also could kill DAL, or would’ve killed NYK, handing out a max contract to an immature European who can’t stay healthy. Only time will tell. But, regardless, Knicks management certainly botched the KP situation.

Did Perry exasperate it? Salvage it?

We would be so much more pumped for this season with:

Payton
    DSJ
    RJ
    KP
    Randall

Jackson saying “I think the direction with our team is that he(Melo) would be better off somewhere else,” It Is and Was a fact. Melo hasn't help any team he has been with since leaving the Knicks. Farther more he wasn't going to help the Knicks.

Janis wanting more control within the Knicks org. bring up another question or two. If Melo stayed(thank god he didn't) then what would his people be saying about Janis wanting control?? So going over Mills head to Dolan trying to get the control they wanted? Mills should have put his foot in a certain place and kick him out of his office. There had to be 'SIGNS' that said it a problem brewing here. Should have traded KP before the start of his 2nd year or before the trade deadline.

Frank progress is being stall be Perry. Perry is jealous of anything that Phil drafted. Perry doesn't know talent and is mad that Phil had Gaines to lend on for help. Perry and Mills kept Gaines around just long enough to help with drafting Knox and Robinson then start pounding own there chest talking how GREAT AND SMART we are. Then send Gaines packing. Back to Frank!! Perry and Mills didn't re-sign D.Rose to help with Frank development. They sign Jack and Rose sign the vet. minimum with Cleveland. Now who would you rather tutoring your young PG Jack a journeyman or former MVP PG? Perry chose JACK. Fiz then have Frank going to the corner on offense to shoot 3's. Knowing very well that isn't Frank strong suit. They(Perry and Fiz -Maybe Mills) have no intention of letting Frank succeed. Perry is a selfish and very small individual.....It in his eyes.

We have NO CHEMISTRY on this team. I have faith in DSJ and RJ. Dallas got rid of DSJ for a reason. RJ wasn't worth drafting at #3...he doesn't move the needle of success for this team. Now if KP was still here a #4 pick...he move the needle. None of these players makes us any better than last year. Should have kept Mudiay and not sign Payton.

12th man

When u mention the name Phil Jackson, people think championship winning head-coach.
    Phil Jackson's many championship Titles has made him a NBA HOF head-coach. Phil dated the owner of the Lakers Jean Buss for years, and she only hired Phil to coach the Lakers nothing else.
    Phil had little to none experience as a NBA GM, or being the president of an organization.
    I believe .. the only reason Dolan hired Phil Jackson big NBA name were for Phil to get Melo to resign a $100M 4 yr contract.
    James Dolan felt he invested a lot in Melo to keep ISO-Melo's high scoring in MSG for another 4 yrs. Dolan did not care bout Carmelo Anthony being a BIG cancer on the team.
    Phil's coaching experience would have had a winning chance at rebuilding the Knicks in his first season if Phil never re-signed ISO-Melo.

The Knicks failed KP big during KP's first two seasons in the NBA, the rookie KP watch the Knicks Fire his first NBA head-coach in the mid-season.
    Plus the Knicks has always had the poorest NBA programs for players entering the NBA. After two season and 3 head-coaches, plus 80% of KP rookie Knick roster were traded/cut/and change to 11 new teammates in his 2nd season to have a 30 win season under such a losing program. KP decided not to go nor to participate in the Knicks season end meeting. Could u Blame him ???
    The Knicks FAILED KP .. KP did not fail on the Knicks. `
    The Knicks program for young-core players are still the worst in the NBA .. having a 17 win season.
    Last edited by Kiyaman; Aug 29, 2019 at 20:21.

12th man

Knicks should be featuring KP, DSJ or Mitchell, Knox and RJ as their dynamic young quartet.
    Mafra .... three of the players u mention above KP, Knox, and DSJ allow opponent to score easy within seven second or less, these players defense STINK! All 3 players needed to be in the NCAA for 4 years to define their defensive skills before entering the NBA.
    All 3 players showed very poor defensive skills consistently as Knicks letting opponent grab 10 to 20 point leads while they were on the court.

They messed up the KP relationship, blew the Knits pick....
    KP never had a relationship with the Knicks, KP had a relationship with cancer-Melo.
    And Frank's defensive skills has won more NBA games than DSJ.

They had to use KP to atone for their Frank mistake, but DSJ or Mitchell should’ve already been here.
    KP's 3 yrs in the starting lineup receiving 30+ minute per game, averaging a 30 win season in 3 years should tell you KP was never a NBA starter, nor was KP performance good enough to receive above 24 minute per game.
    In the KP trade the best player the Knicks receive from the trade was DJ .. swapping no defensive skill DSJ for no defensive skill Timmy was kind of equal in favor of Dallas.

Not sure about the firing of his 1st head coach in the mid of the season. Jeff Hornack was his coach for 2 seasons.

Do you all think that we have to go all in this season with concentrating on RJ, Mitch and Knox? I think what hurt us the last season(s) is that we didn't play to win, we played to test players with crazy rotations.... stability is a key, and not for this team and this year, I think it is a key to be respectable franchise again..... stop the crazy rotations, keep testing for the training sessions!

We have so many problems. From management, to coaching, to players. Management with no ideas about how to win and what it takes to win. This obvious all the new players...of the best two players from last year they let Mudiay walk. WHY?? Isn't this suppose to be about improvement. Did he not show that?? Don't forget Kornet!!

Secondly Coaching...let take something small. We have no 'Big Man' coach. WHY?? Our 1st year coach saw fit not to have one. Toronto 1st year coach saw fit to have one and won a championship. Question... Who is going to teach/coach Robinson into being a well rounded big Men. Remember he has no jump and in the summer never attempted one. What does that tell you!!!

Last...Players...DSJ, Trier, Gibson, RJ, Payton(didn't go thru the whole roster) are just a few that I don't see a fit for a winning team. Gibson is too old to even think of having on a team. Why not keep Kornet...young and can defend the arc plus shoot the 3. DSJ or Payton isn't the answer at PG, IMO. I'm still a believe in Frank. Fiz created a monster in Trier by letting him IZO. This created problems on the team with Tim H. and Trey Burks. They were shipped out in the KP trade.

This team is constructed all wrong in my opinion. That falls to management who again has no idea of talent

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Raider View Post
    We have so many problems. From management, to coaching, to players. Management with no ideas about how to win and what it takes to win. This obvious all the new players...of the best two players from last year they let Mudiay walk. WHY?? Isn't this suppose to be about improvement. Did he not show that?? Don't forget Kornet!!

Secondly Coaching...let take something small. We have no 'Big Man' coach. WHY?? Our 1st year coach saw fit not to have one. Toronto 1st year coach saw fit to have one and won a championship. Question... Who is going to teach/coach Robinson into being a well rounded big Men. Remember he has no jump and in the summer never attempted one. What does that tell you!!!

Last...Players...DSJ, Trier, Gibson, RJ, Payton(didn't go thru the whole roster) are just a few that I don't see a fit for a winning team. Gibson is too old to even think of having on a team. Why not keep Kornet...young and can defend the arc plus shoot the 3. DSJ or Payton isn't the answer at PG, IMO. I'm still a believe in Frank. Fiz created a monster in Trier by letting him IZO. This created problems on the team with Tim H. and Trey Burks. They were shipped out in the KP trade.

This team is constructed all wrong in my opinion. That falls to management who again has no idea of talent

So so True .. Dark Raider u hit on so many facts of the Knicks FLAWS in your post, and in a couple of other post.
    Especially on the front-office Mills/Perry showing their dislike for Phil's players as early as the first week after Phil's firing by not resigning a high scoring PG/SG Derik Rose to a cheap contract, but signing a no defense Timmy Hardaway Jr. to a contract 3 times his performance worth, plus our front-office went on to sign (a no-show) Brandon Jennings to be the Knicks starter PG, then signed Ron Baker to be Jennings backup PG, then went and signed Jack as the Knicks emergency PG. As if the Knicks did not select a tall defensive PG Frank out of the draft with the Knicks first round 8th pick a month before these three PG signings. Plus throughout Frank's rookie season management went and grab PG Trey Burke from the G.League to put in the rotation, when Frank, Burke, and McDermott trio started making strives in a line-up of performing on the same-page, our management rush to trade McDermott to get a class A project PG Mudiay.
    Yep! Frank don't have a chance with Haters Mills/Perry/Pizdale calling all the shots.

I became upset with the Knicks front-office at the end of the season when they did not give center D.Jordan and extension to his contract when rookie Mitch Robinson performance showed huge game after game improvement when D.Jordan joined the Knicks.
    Our Knicks management SUCKS! Knick management only luck are some decent FA are looking for a big pay day.
    I wouldn't mark Taj Gibson off as useless or old, I believe Gibson will be the best forward in lineups to lift DSJr and Knox performance.
    Taj Gibson is a 100% better than Lance Thomas!
    If u recall, Derik Rose best season performance (winning NBA MVP) had a wise OG Kurt Thomas in his Bulls rotation.
    It's true the Knicks management & coaching-staff are not on the same-page bout anything, and has been running the Knicks on HOPE & LUCK for to long .. Knicks management this offseason were hoping Durant & Kyrie sign on so another top FA would sign on too for a lower offer without Knick management doing anything. The Nets management put together a plan to sign Durant and Kyrie by calling the GS Warriors to make a sign and trade deal.
    The Knicks poor coaching-staff had to offer our G.League head-coach a job on the Knicks coaching staff for having a much better season on offense and defense than the Knicks in their G.League season. Our head-coach Fizdale been hoping in this offseason for a few top leadership FA would sign on to the Knicks plus come with their own personal play-book and system to have an above .500 season.

RJ is a slasher to the hoop plus has a sweet catch n shoot jumper similar to our old 20 pt scorer Allan Houston from 15 to 20 feet from basket. RJ need to be in the back-court with PG-Frank or Payton throughout his rookie season as a catch n shoot scoring guard.
    Trier showed decent play-maker skills getting the ball into Knox and MitchRob hands in the summer league games, I did not like Pizdale making Trier into a no-passing Isolation shoot-first guard throughout the previous season.
    DSJr and Knox raw scoring performance on offense is decent, but their defensive-switching leads to opponents scoring easy, they need to stay in a lineup having Gibson & Morris to call out their switches for them on defense the first half of the season.