Any interest in Russ???

jimkcchief88

All Star
Sounds like OKC is looking to unload Russ. 4 years 170k on his contract. If we hadn?t have spent all our $$$ on reactionary, sorry azz 5th tier free agents that NOBODY else wanted we would be in a better spot to pay. We do have draft currency and we STILL need a real NBA starting PG. What do you guys think. I would at least think about dropping the $$$ to see Russ in a Knicks uniform. I ain?t spending a thin, thin dime to see Elfrid Payton, Reggie Bullock, Bobby Portis, and Taj Gibson. I have seen the Bobby Portis and Taj show here in the CHI. Not worth seeing unless you are throwing Bobby in a UFC fight. Payton, Bullock, Ellington and the rest of our ?No-Name squad? No thanks. Julius Randle??? Isn?t this his 3rd team in 4 years???? He?s expendable. The East at this point is wide open, but we will need more than our dollar store free agents and lottery busts to do something. Hindsight being 20/20 we should have kept the Zinger and added to that. What a mess our front office is. At least Russ is an established star instead of more lottery hopes and dreams only to be followed by busts(Knits) and disappointments(RJ). How do you guys feel???

Trading for Westbrook is a path to ruin. Durant and PG13 both gladly teamed up with other stars instead of Russ for a reason. We?re still not any better than maybe a 7 or 8 seed with Westbrook on the roster. Probably still a lottery team.

OKC is going to want multiple 1st round picks for Westbrook. It would be a bad deal for us.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Trading for Westbrook is a path to ruin. Durant and PG13 both gladly teamed up with other stars instead of Russ for a reason. We?re still not any better than maybe a 7 or 8 seed with Westbrook on the roster. Probably still a lottery team.

OKC is going to want multiple 1st round picks for Westbrook. It would be a bad deal for us.

I agree except we are gonna have to kickdown for a real star sometime and Julius Randle ain?t it. NBA superstars have shown they are only going to a team with at least 1-2 other stars. Kawhi wasn?t going to the Clippers without Playoff P. We buried our luck when we jettisoned the Zinger. And we STILL need a PG. Russ? numbers have dropped but he?s still a triple double machine. And on a team so bereft of talent in bad EC we could probably swing a 6th seed with Russ at the helm. Our little JV squad the Mills/Perry isn?t going to be able to compete even in a bad EC. They are all saying the right things now trying to sell us on a ?tough, gritty team? and all that nonsense. I don?t believe a word of it because I?ve heard it all before. And when we are out of it again by December it?s gonna be a new list of excuses. For sure I?m not tuning in to see Reggie Bullock, Andre Ellington, and Taj Gibson. You don?t pay $$$$ to see B list movies with bad actors. At least grabbing Russ would show the league and other free agents down the road the Knicks are players and serious about winning instead of tanking and lottery picks.

tiger0330

Legend
Moot point esp if Russ wants to be traded before the season opener. We no longer have the cap space to absorb his contract and we can’t trade the new guys until Dec.

Russ also wants to go to a winning situation something the Knicks are not, Presti doesn’t have to listen to Russ because he doesn’t have a no trade clause but you would think that he would try to accommodate him since Russ has been the face of the franchise for a decade.

I would think Houston would love to trade CP3 for him, maybe Ujiri makes a play for him after losing Kawhi, Knicks do have the assets that I think could land Russ but would they deal RJ and MRob for him?

Hard to to believe how many wouldn’t trade for Russ, considering him an inefficient ball hog and stat whore despite him being an MVP and triple double machine.

mafra

Legend
I wonder if DSJ/Knits/Knox and DAL first rounders gets it done?

If so, since I?m so starved to be competitive... I might have to consider this....

However, until AD re-ups... I don?t commit to money. I doubt AD or Giannis come but we have to preserve cap space regardless.

But, with aD out and no free agent next summer... if I can get RW and keep both RJ and MRob then I must consider it.

Not crazy to think RW puts us into ECF?

Westbrook
Bullock
RJ
Randle
Mitch

mafra

Legend
Knowing Knicks... they?ll start 20-8... be hot...
have grit and moxy... then we?ll blow it up and trade for RW...

At least Melo was 26 when we dealt for him... RW is 30!

jimkcchief88

All Star
I wonder if DSJ/Knits/Knox and DAL first rounders gets it done?

If so, since I?m so starved to be competitive... I might have to consider this....

However, until AD re-ups... I don?t commit to money. I doubt AD or Giannis come but we have to preserve cap space regardless.

But, with aD out and no free agent next summer... if I can get RW and keep both RJ and MRob then I must consider it.

Not crazy to think RW puts us into ECF?

Westbrook
Bullock
RJ
Randle
Mitch

I saw on a link in Bleacher Report a trade with OKC would look like this:
Knicks get: Russ and 2 of the 1st rounders OKC received from the Clippers.

OKC receives: Frank, Taj, Bobby Portis, and Knox.

Sounds fair to me. We couldn?t make it happen until mid-season I guess because we can?t trade our newly acquired guys yet. Maybe if Russ is still available mid-season and both team are out we can make it happen.

Sounds fair to me. We couldn?t make it happen until mid-season I guess because we can?t trade our newly acquired guys yet. Maybe if Russ is still available mid-season and both team are out we can make it happen.

Wait, we would get the 1st round picks? I would think it would be the other way around and we would be giving OKC 1st round picks.

mafra

Legend
As long as we don?t trade Randle, Mitch or RJ... I?m cool. We have 2 spare first rounders to play with.

RW a massive upgrade over DSJ.

It?s a lot of money to absorb... maybe there won?t be a rush for RW.

Good news is we won?t be in a bidding war bc we can?t make deal until mid december... if he is still there we probably have as good an offer as most.

DSJ, Knits, 2 first rounders plus Portis sounds about right.

tiger0330

Legend

Sounds fair to me. We couldn’t make it happen until mid-season I guess because we can’t trade our newly acquired guys yet. Maybe if Russ is still available mid-season and both team are out we can make it happen.
I would think they would want Randle over Taj or Portis.

I’d rather the Knicks make this trade during the season to see if Russ shooting stroke returns to form or will it be a continuation of last season.

Very rare that a guy drops 15% on his FTs year over year like he did last year, I’d pass if his shooting stroke doesn’t return.

mafra

Legend
I would pass if they wanted anything we plan on building around. He doesn?t make us a title winner and is owed a ton of money.

Like I said, if getting a boatload if assets is he goal, let other suitors chase him. If he falls into our lap for some expendable players and a couple picks... do it!

jimkcchief88

All Star
I would think they would want Randle over Taj or Portis.

I’d rather the Knicks make this trade during the season to see if Russ shooting stroke returns to form or will it be a continuation of last season.

Very rare that a guy drops 15% on his FTs year over year like he did last year, I’d pass if his shooting stroke doesn’t return.

Taj and Bobby are the throw-ins along with Taj to make sure the $$$ works. KK would be the only young talent so we could keep our core. I?m not sure which of the 1st rounders but...On our end the trade can?t happen until mid season since we can?t trade guys we just added but if Russ is still around.