12th man

Nyk Logo How wil Fizdale shake-out the young backcourt rotation

How wil Fizdale shake-out the young backcourt rotation in the upcoming season having the newly signed Payton as the major minute starter PG?
    1) Frank
    2) DSJr
    3) Dotson
    4) Trier
    5) RJ Barrett
    https://theknickswall.com/shaking-ou...elfrid-payton/

12th man

Frank is 6'7 225 having a 7'2 wingspan as a pass-first PG, his defensive length and quickness got him drafted early in the NBA.
    Frank tandem well at stopping opponent passing-lane having a defensive-minded wing in the lineup (McDerm now Barrett).
    Frank's biggest weakness in the NBA has been passing the ball to teammates rather than take the shot.
    Should Frank be a part of the Knicks rotation at the start of the season ???

Dennis Smith Jr. is 6.1 195 lb with a 6.3 wingspan as a play-maker PG, his lightening quick explosive creativeness to score over bigger defenders has been his weapon having above 8 feet hops. Plus DSJr quickness are electric in transition.
    DSJr tandem well creating offense for his big-men having average range on his jumper for a picknroll.
    DSJr biggest weakness are his 6.1 height defending the league above 6.4 taller guards.
    Should DSJr be a part of the Knicks rotation at the start of the season ???

12th man

First exhibition for the French Fiba team. These are Nits highlights and some comments on his game. I said after seeing some of his workouts in the preseason that he looked the same with no dramatic change to his game. Played 13 minutes, 2 pts, 6 dimes, couple of RBs and the guy talking about his long arms and some solid but unspectacular D.

I'm sure he's on the Knicks radar because they have a decision to make on his option come October. Fiz I know has attended his workouts, looking more like a scout than a teacher at them.

If Kadeem beats him out for that 3d PG spot, I'd say his Knick career is over.

I agree. After 2 years in NBA he should be more assertive in a FIBA game. I mean, I would accept 2 points if he shot 1-11.... but, it appears he even defers to teammates on the French National team.

If he cant play spectacular wing defense and knock down open threes consistently.... then time to part ways.

Veteran

I think it is going to be a moot point how he plays this season. Our front office isnít going to exercise a 6.2 million dollar team option for him for next season. Heíd have to have become a starter for that to happen and thatís not going to happen under Fizdale. If we decline his option, I donít think Ntilikinaís camp will renegotiate to stay with us at a lower salary. Heíll go somewhere else, possibly out of the NBA.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    I agree. After 2 years in NBA he should be more assertive in a FIBA game. I mean, I would accept 2 points if he shot 1-11.... but, it appears he even defers to teammates on the French National team.

If he cant play spectacular wing defense and knock down open threes consistently.... then time to part ways.
    Co-sign, I think that French coach has plans to bring him off the bench for the tournament, also only played 13 mins in this exhibition game. Seems like an NBA player should be starting and have a bigger role for his national team. Still a lot of YouTubers expect him to have a breakout year, we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyaman View Post
    Frank is 6'7 225 having a 7'2 wingspan as a pass-first PG, his defensive length and quickness got him drafted early in the NBA.
    Frank tandem well at stopping opponent passing-lane having a defensive-minded wing in the lineup (McDerm now Barrett).
    Frank's biggest weakness in the NBA has been passing the ball to teammates rather than take the shot.
    Should Frank be a part of the Knicks rotation at the start of the season ???

Dennis Smith Jr. is 6.1 195 lb with a 6.3 wingspan as a play-maker PG, his lightening quick explosive creativeness to score over bigger defenders has been his weapon having above 8 feet hops. Plus DSJr quickness are electric in transition.
    DSJr tandem well creating offense for his big-men having average range on his jumper for a picknroll.
    DSJr biggest weakness are his 6.1 height defending the league above 6.4 taller guards.
    Should DSJr be a part of the Knicks rotation at the start of the season ???
    Ntilikina is a dead man walking.

I personally wanna see DSJ and Dotson start Day 1. Barrett/Trier should be on the bench unless they outplay DSJ/Dotson in the first couple weeks.

12th man

Nyk Logo Sorry but .. Frank will be a big part of the Knicks becoming a Winning Team !!!

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    First exhibition for the French Fiba team. These are Nits highlights and some comments on his game. I said after seeing some of his workouts in the preseason that he looked the same with no dramatic change to his game. Played 13 minutes, 2 pts, 6 dimes, couple of RBs and the guy talking about his long arms and some solid but unspectacular D.

I'm sure he's on the Knicks radar because they have a decision to make on his option come October. Fiz I know has attended his workouts, looking more like a scout than a teacher at them.

If Kadeem beats him out for that 3d PG spot, I'd say his Knick career is over.

Last season .. Kadeem first 3 games as a Knick were 10 times better than DSJr first 5 games as a Knick.
    Having DSJr on the court opponents outscored on the Knicks 80% of the time, having Kadeem on the court opponents out-scored on the Knicks 60% of the time. DSJr had problems trying to out-perform Kadeem last season in the rotation.
    Knick fans are high on DSJr for one reason .. we traded KP for DSJr!
    I'm not saying Frank is a better scorer than DSJr .. What I am saying, what I seen from Frank's 20 minute performance each game for 2 seasons are Frank has a high potential Team-Ball performance on both sides of the court to win twice as many games as DSJr, Mudiay, Kadeem, and Trier at the combo-guard and PG spot. Frank's raw guard performance are best compared to players like Danny Green, Shaun Livingston, Beverley, and Edfrid Payton.
    Frank does have a very high IQ of stopping opponents from out-scoring the Knicks by having long arms to stop and interrupt opponents passing-lane, plus Frank's passing skills fit good having a catch n shoot RJ Barrett & Knox on the wing.
    I'm looking forward to the Knicks deep bench depth winning a lot of games in the up coming season.
    The Knicks winning 2nd Unit energy players will be .... PG-Frank, SG-RJ, SF-Knox, PF-Taj, and PF-Portis !!!

Veteran

I just donít think Fizdale is going to give Ntilikina the minutes. Not sure if that comes from him or comes from above.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    I just don¬’t think Fizdale is going to give Ntilikina the minutes. Not sure if that comes from him or comes from above.
    I don't see the Knicks winning many games in the upcoming season without Frank's depth in the back-court rotation.
    Without Frank in the rotation, Fizdale are likely to get FIRED within the first 15 games of regular season again.
    The Knicks top 4 guards that should be in the first game of the season rotation are Payton, Frank, Dotson, and Rookie RJ.
    DSJ & Trier gets garbage minutes the first 15 games of the regular season .. their defensive-performance lose games !!!

12th man

Nits 7 pts on 2-7, 5 dimes, 1 steal 18 minutes against Tunisia. Tunisia hardly a bball powerhouse, guys like Fredette or Beasley probably could drop 30 on them.Nits shot still not falling at an acceptable pct for an NBA player.

Last edited by tiger0330; Aug 14, 2019 at 23:48.

12th man

Nits 7 pts on 2-7, 5 dimes, 1 steal 18 minutes against Tunisia. Tunisia hardly a bball powerhouse, guys like Fredette or Beasley probably could drop 30 on them.Nits shot still not falling at an acceptable pct for an NBA player.

Frank's raw all-around skills has potential, and will be in the NBA league for the next decade .. as a Knick or on the next team!

We have NBA Combo-Guards like Danny Green, Patrick Beverley, Shaun Livingston, Eric Gordon, and Marcus Smart are all star role-players that give a team the hustle-performance for the win, without scoring high points.

In the upcoming Knicks season we should not be looking for Frank & Payton to score high points .. What we want from both of the tall pass-first PG are their creative passing-skills to keep ball movement, plus both having long arms that give them a high IQ on hustle-defense in the passing-lane .... Both Frank & Payton have all the right tools & equipment to be in the same rotation each game to keep a lot of Knicks opponents score below 100 points at the end of the game, plus help the Knicks team average above 22 DIMES per game in the upcoming season.

Only a clown would put a watermark right in the center of the video