How will Fizdale shake-out the young backcourt rotation

Another nice game from Nits in France?s loss to Argentina. Best player on the French team today, leading the scoring with 16 pts. One of the ESPN announcers hyped him and said the Knicks have a special player. ��������

I still wonder if Fizdale is going to play him. Should at least give him a chance, but whose minutes does he get? He?a going to be playing behind our current regime?s guys: DSJ, Payton, Dotson, Trier, etc.

Maybe now is the time to trade him and try to get a late 1st rounder out of somebody who watched the tourney.

tiger0330

Legend
I still wonder if Fizdale is going to play him. Should at least give him a chance, but whose minutes does he get? He’a going to be playing behind our current regime’s guys: DSJ, Payton, Dotson, Trier, etc.

Maybe now is the time to trade him and try to get a late 1st rounder out of somebody who watched the tourney.
Someone is going to be traded from a crowded backcourt, though it might not be Frank. I just hope Fizdale comes out of training camp with a set rotation, we haven’t had a set rotation since Woodie was the coach.

Kiyaman

Legend
I still wonder if Fizdale is going to play him. Should at least give him a chance, but whose minutes does he get? He?a going to be playing behind our current regime?s guys: DSJ, Payton, Dotson, Trier, etc.

I wouldn't be surprise at the end of the Knicks up coming season, Frank may turn out to be the best winning guard on the Knicks roster.

Kiyaman

Legend
Someone is going to be traded from a crowded backcourt, though it might not be Frank. I just hope Fizdale comes out of training camp with a set rotation, we haven’t had a set rotation since Woodie was the coach.

The Knicks hasn't had a set rotation since HOF PG Jason Kidd were on the roster calling 90% of the shots.
In the 2019 off-season the Knicks head-coach and the Knicks front office did not put out any effort to get the Knicks a NBA veteran PG from the trade market (Conley) or the FA market (Beverley or DLO) for the upcoming 2019-20 season. Were the N.O. Pelicans gonna resign Payton & Randle after trading AD to Lakers? plus selecting Zion with the 1st pick of the draft? I doubt it !!!

How does the Knicks PG grade in the power-rankings ???
https://dailyknicks.com/2019/10/11/new-york-knicks-point-guard-power-rankings-preseason-opener/

Fizdale said that DSJ will play in the final 2 preseason games and that this will heavily factor into who will start at PG.

Fizdale just seems to not run the team right. 2 preseason games are going to affect his decision on who should be our starting PG?

tiger0330

Legend
Fizdale said that DSJ will play in the final 2 preseason games and that this will heavily factor into who will start at PG.

Fizdale just seems to not run the team right. 2 preseason games are going to affect his decision on who should be our starting PG?
Good news after that stinker by Payton/Nits against the Wiz. Dailyknicks.com had an article about our PGs and I found interesting their comment that the Knicks don't have a lot invested in DSJ despite him being the only piece left after trading KP. I said just the opposite, that they might have to pick up his option just to give him enough time to try to salvage that deal. Lose DSJ we'll be left with perhaps 2 future late round picks and cap space for a possible perennial AS in KP, I'd rank that trade as a bust given what teams have been getting back in these blockbuster trades

mafra

Legend
Yeah, the only saving grace in a worst case scenario is that we can pound our chest and say, ?hey, even tho we lost another trade... this time we didn?t take back a bad contract.? .... this doesn?t inspire confidence....

And, brace yourselves.... b/c KP is always an mvp type candidate in Nov. he starts off flying, until his body breaks down come Jan.

tiger0330

Legend
Dallas also has THJ starting in the preseason, so that’s 2 starters from the Knicks that they have in the lineup and the guy we have has had a bad back for much of his time with a Knicks. What was the the hype when we traded KP, that we made out like bandits, Knicks got fleeced if you ask me unless DSJ becomes the starting PG.

Dallas also has THJ starting in the preseason, so that’s 2 starters from the Knicks that they have in the lineup and the guy we have has had a bad back for much of his time with a Knicks. What was the the hype when we traded KP, that we made out like bandits, Knicks got fleeced if you ask me unless DSJ becomes the starting PG.

I think THJ stinks, but when this season ends and all the bad salary Dallas has left from that trade is THJ?s 19 million player option for next season (Lee is expiring this year), it certainly looks like the clearing salary portion of the KP trade was ill conceived.

Can?t wait for those 2021 and 2023 1st round picks...

mafra

Legend
The reporter from DET tweeted this out:

According to Vince Ellis of the Detroit Free Press, the Detroit Pistons ?could have interest? in Ntilikina.

I gather #Pistons could have interest in #Knicks guard Frank Frank Ntilikina. The type of young talent team is looking to gain cheaply and hope more is shown as he matures. Only 21.

???

This is why we shouldn?t be giving up on young talent. Who know. Not worth sacrificing for a second round pick.

Kiyaman

Legend
I think THJ stinks, but when this season ends and all the bad salary Dallas has left from that trade is THJ’s 19 million player option for next season (Lee is expiring this year), it certainly looks like the clearing salary portion of the KP trade was ill conceived.

Can’t wait for those 2021 and 2023 1st round picks...

The Mavs has a decent high scoring 6th man in (Timmy) THJ to bring off the bench for perimeter scoring.
THJ reminds me of Jamal Crawford, both could score big numbers from the perimeter, but their defense is questionable on every team loss.
I'm hoping DSJ work hard on his poor defense the next two season so not to become a high scorer where team losses are mainly from his lack of defense.

Frank & Dotson need a shot as the Knicks tandem back-court guards running the show !!!

Bad news/good news.

Bad news: KP looks like he is going to be great for Dallas. Even if we couldn?t resign him, we should have kept him and let him play on this sorry ass lottery team this season because we could have probably done better than we did in that trade with teams seeing him back in action.

Good news: Even the Teflon man, Steve Mills, can?t survive this trade if it turns out DSJ is a bust (hated him coming out of the draft, trying to make myself like him as a Knick, hard to do).

Too bad there?s no one to fire Dolan.

tiger0330

Legend
Bad news/good news.

Bad news: KP looks like he is going to be great for Dallas. Even if we couldn’t resign him, we should have kept him and let him play on this sorry ass lottery team this season because we could have probably done better than we did in that trade with teams seeing him back in action.

Good news: Even the Teflon man, Steve Mills, can’t survive this trade if it turns out DSJ is a bust (hated him coming out of the draft, trying to make myself like him as a Knick, hard to do).

Too bad there’s no one to fire Dolan.
Mills is always talking about changing the culture so he takes the blame for having a culture that couldn't keep the Knicks franchise player before his rookie contract expired. That front office is fat and overstaffed, I'd clean house for that alone. Broadway just posted Mario and Mudiay are having nice preseasons,I'll be pissed if Mud turns out to be a better PG than the guys we havr.

Broadway

All Star
Mills is always talking about changing the culture so he takes the blame for having a culture that couldn't keep the Knicks franchise player before his rookie contract expired. That front office is fat and overstaffed, I'd clean house for that alone. Broadway just posted Mario and Mudiay are having nice preseasons,I'll be pissed if Mud turns out to be a better PG than the guys we havr.

As I was saying in my exchange with htr10, here's Fizdale on his bs again :rolling:. I think this is the yr he could lose some players for real

Last edited:
As I was saying in my exchange with htr10, here's Fizdale on his bs again :rolling:. I think this is the yr he could lose some players for real

Yeah, mafra mentioned this last night. We got a guy, Portis, who broke a teammate?s face in practice and a guy, Morris, who smacked a guy in the face in our 1st preseason game. This locker room is going to be real ?rowdy?, real fast.

Kiyaman

Legend

Mills/Perry did not change Dolan's decade Loser Program for the Knicks players this upcoming season. So expect a lot of negative comments bout the Knicks from ESPN for the 2019-20 season.
Head-coach Fizdale are still uncertain on the Knicks starter lineup, especially the PG position after having 4 preseason games ???
Will Fizdale repeat last season? By experimenting on a starter lineup throughout the regular season games? Ain't that the same reason why the Memphis Grizz fired Fizdale 17 games into the season?

The Knicks poor Program & poor coaching staff has not look good in the preseason games on offense or defense having a 1-3 record, plus several ex-Knick players that went to the next team in the off-season are having some great preseason games.

Comments i would like to ask Fizdale ???

The Knicks young guards need the same partner in the back-court .. wsup ???
What shooting-guard match-up best in a lineup alongside Payton? or DSJ? or Frank?
Did any Knick player (beside Randle and rookie RJ) receive 8+ straight minute of playing-time in a quarter during the preseason games? Why not?
Knox is a offensive threat as a slasher, with or without the ball from 20 ft. Why there's no design play for Knox to slash n score in his 2nd season?
What players will be in the starter/finisher lineup?
What players will average 30 minute per 10 games into the regular season?
How many different starter lineups will the Knicks have 15 games into the regular season ???

There is at least one report that says Fizdale being undecided about our starting PG is a facade and that Payton was promised the starting PG job when he signed with us.