How will Fizdale shake-out the young backcourt rotation

Kiyaman

Legend
Frank is 6'7 225 having a 7'2 wingspan as a pass-first PG, his defensive length and quickness got him drafted early in the NBA.
Frank tandem well at stopping opponent passing-lane having a defensive-minded wing in the lineup (McDerm now Barrett).
Frank's biggest weakness in the NBA has been passing the ball to teammates rather than take the shot.
Should Frank be a part of the Knicks rotation at the start of the season ???

Dennis Smith Jr. is 6.1 195 lb with a 6.3 wingspan as a play-maker PG, his lightening quick explosive creativeness to score over bigger defenders has been his weapon having above 8 feet hops. Plus DSJr quickness are electric in transition.
DSJr tandem well creating offense for his big-men having average range on his jumper for a picknroll.
DSJr biggest weakness are his 6.1 height defending the league above 6.4 taller guards.
Should DSJr be a part of the Knicks rotation at the start of the season ???

tiger0330

Legend
First exhibition for the French Fiba team. These are Nits highlights and some comments on his game. I said after seeing some of his workouts in the preseason that he looked the same with no dramatic change to his game. Played 13 minutes, 2 pts, 6 dimes, couple of RBs and the guy talking about his long arms and some solid but unspectacular D.

I'm sure he's on the Knicks radar because they have a decision to make on his option come October. Fiz I know has attended his workouts, looking more like a scout than a teacher at them.

If Kadeem beats him out for that 3d PG spot, I'd say his Knick career is over.

mafra

Legend
I agree. After 2 years in NBA he should be more assertive in a FIBA game. I mean, I would accept 2 points if he shot 1-11.... but, it appears he even defers to teammates on the French National team.

If he cant play spectacular wing defense and knock down open threes consistently.... then time to part ways.

I think it is going to be a moot point how he plays this season. Our front office isn?t going to exercise a 6.2 million dollar team option for him for next season. He?d have to have become a starter for that to happen and that?s not going to happen under Fizdale. If we decline his option, I don?t think Ntilikina?s camp will renegotiate to stay with us at a lower salary. He?ll go somewhere else, possibly out of the NBA.

tiger0330

Legend
I agree. After 2 years in NBA he should be more assertive in a FIBA game. I mean, I would accept 2 points if he shot 1-11.... but, it appears he even defers to teammates on the French National team.

If he cant play spectacular wing defense and knock down open threes consistently.... then time to part ways.
Co-sign, I think that French coach has plans to bring him off the bench for the tournament, also only played 13 mins in this exhibition game. Seems like an NBA player should be starting and have a bigger role for his national team. Still a lot of YouTubers expect him to have a breakout year, we will see.

KNICKS MOB

Benchwarmer
Frank is 6'7 225 having a 7'2 wingspan as a pass-first PG, his defensive length and quickness got him drafted early in the NBA.
Frank tandem well at stopping opponent passing-lane having a defensive-minded wing in the lineup (McDerm now Barrett).
Frank's biggest weakness in the NBA has been passing the ball to teammates rather than take the shot.
Should Frank be a part of the Knicks rotation at the start of the season ???

Dennis Smith Jr. is 6.1 195 lb with a 6.3 wingspan as a play-maker PG, his lightening quick explosive creativeness to score over bigger defenders has been his weapon having above 8 feet hops. Plus DSJr quickness are electric in transition.
DSJr tandem well creating offense for his big-men having average range on his jumper for a picknroll.
DSJr biggest weakness are his 6.1 height defending the league above 6.4 taller guards.
Should DSJr be a part of the Knicks rotation at the start of the season ???

Ntilikina is a dead man walking.

I personally wanna see DSJ and Dotson start Day 1. Barrett/Trier should be on the bench unless they outplay DSJ/Dotson in the first couple weeks.

Kiyaman

Legend
Sorry but .. Frank will be a big part of the Knicks becoming a Winning Team !!!

First exhibition for the French Fiba team. These are Nits highlights and some comments on his game. I said after seeing some of his workouts in the preseason that he looked the same with no dramatic change to his game. Played 13 minutes, 2 pts, 6 dimes, couple of RBs and the guy talking about his long arms and some solid but unspectacular D.

I'm sure he's on the Knicks radar because they have a decision to make on his option come October. Fiz I know has attended his workouts, looking more like a scout than a teacher at them.

If Kadeem beats him out for that 3d PG spot, I'd say his Knick career is over.

Last season .. Kadeem first 3 games as a Knick were 10 times better than DSJr first 5 games as a Knick.
Having DSJr on the court opponents outscored on the Knicks 80% of the time, having Kadeem on the court opponents out-scored on the Knicks 60% of the time. DSJr had problems trying to out-perform Kadeem last season in the rotation.
Knick fans are high on DSJr for one reason .. we traded KP for DSJr!
I'm not saying Frank is a better scorer than DSJr .. What I am saying, what I seen from Frank's 20 minute performance each game for 2 seasons are Frank has a high potential Team-Ball performance on both sides of the court to win twice as many games as DSJr, Mudiay, Kadeem, and Trier at the combo-guard and PG spot. Frank's raw guard performance are best compared to players like Danny Green, Shaun Livingston, Beverley, and Edfrid Payton.
Frank does have a very high IQ of stopping opponents from out-scoring the Knicks by having long arms to stop and interrupt opponents passing-lane, plus Frank's passing skills fit good having a catch n shoot RJ Barrett & Knox on the wing.
I'm looking forward to the Knicks deep bench depth winning a lot of games in the up coming season.
The Knicks winning 2nd Unit energy players will be .... PG-Frank, SG-RJ, SF-Knox, PF-Taj, and PF-Portis !!!

I just don?t think Fizdale is going to give Ntilikina the minutes. Not sure if that comes from him or comes from above.

Kiyaman

Legend
I just don?’t think Fizdale is going to give Ntilikina the minutes. Not sure if that comes from him or comes from above.

I don't see the Knicks winning many games in the upcoming season without Frank's depth in the back-court rotation.
Without Frank in the rotation, Fizdale are likely to get FIRED within the first 15 games of regular season again.
The Knicks top 4 guards that should be in the first game of the season rotation are Payton, Frank, Dotson, and Rookie RJ.
DSJ & Trier gets garbage minutes the first 15 games of the regular season .. their defensive-performance lose games !!!

tiger0330

Legend
Nits 7 pts on 2-7, 5 dimes, 1 steal 18 minutes against Tunisia. Tunisia hardly a bball powerhouse, guys like Fredette or Beasley probably could drop 30 on them.Nits shot still not falling at an acceptable pct for an NBA player.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
Nits 7 pts on 2-7, 5 dimes, 1 steal 18 minutes against Tunisia. Tunisia hardly a bball powerhouse, guys like Fredette or Beasley probably could drop 30 on them.Nits shot still not falling at an acceptable pct for an NBA player.

Frank's raw all-around skills has potential, and will be in the NBA league for the next decade .. as a Knick or on the next team!

We have NBA Combo-Guards like Danny Green, Patrick Beverley, Shaun Livingston, Eric Gordon, and Marcus Smart are all star role-players that give a team the hustle-performance for the win, without scoring high points.

In the upcoming Knicks season we should not be looking for Frank & Payton to score high points .. What we want from both of the tall pass-first PG are their creative passing-skills to keep ball movement, plus both having long arms that give them a high IQ on hustle-defense in the passing-lane .... Both Frank & Payton have all the right tools & equipment to be in the same rotation each game to keep a lot of Knicks opponents score below 100 points at the end of the game, plus help the Knicks team average above 22 DIMES per game in the upcoming season.

KNICKS MOB

Benchwarmer

Only a clown would put a watermark right in the center of the video :|

Kiyaman

Legend
The best solution for Fizdale in training-camp .. would be to get 5 yr vet PG-Payton and 10 yr vet SG-Ellington on the same page in the back-court as the Knicks open season starters.
Plus have Frank, Dotson, and rookie RJ Barret get on the same-page as the Knicks 2nd-unit back-court trio to get everyone involve in a half-court offense and a transition offense.
While working on ball-movement with our Iso-trio players DSJ, Trier, and Knox in the same lineup to become a explosive trio lineup before the mid-season games.
The best way to make use of all 7 guards mention above throughout the season would be to partner them up into tandem and trio to run the back-court having a plan A, and a plan B.
In the Knicks previous 17 win season the Knicks Iso-coach had one player running and controlling the back-court each of the 48 minute games.

tiger0330

Legend
Starting lineup should be the guys we picked up and are paying millions during the off-season. Tired of losing. Payton can’t shoot so maybe DSJ can win the spot if he’s really improved that shot of his.

Payton
Ellington
Morris
Randall
MRob

Kiyaman

Legend
Starting lineup should be the guys we picked up and are paying millions during the off-season. Tired of losing. Payton can’t shoot so maybe DSJ can win the spot if he’s really improved that shot of his.

Payton
Ellington
Morris
Randall
MRob

That was easy .. now select the lineup u would want to start the 2nd quarter .. the Knicks 2nd-unit ???

Kiyaman

Legend
Starting lineup should be the guys we picked up and are paying millions during the off-season. Tired of losing. Payton can?t shoot so maybe DSJ can win the spot if he?s really improved that shot of his.

Payton
Ellington
Morris
Randall
MRob

2nd Unit lineup ???

PG-Frank or DSJ ???
SG-Dotson or Trier or RJ Barrett ???
SF-RJ Barrett or Knox or Taj ???
PF-Taj or Iggy ???
C- Portis or MitchRob ???

Com'on everyone select YOUR rotation lineup or Fizdale's lineup for the regular season game, before preseason or after ???

tiger0330

Legend
Nits is the starting PG for the French in Sunday’s FIBA match against Germany. Let’s see how he does running the PnR with Gobert.

tiger0330

Legend
Nits is the starting PG for the French in Sunday’s FIBA match against Germany. Let’s see how he does running the PnR with Gobert.
Guy that said Nits would start didn’t know what he was talking about. Kid named Albicy started, how someone less than 6 ft starts over an NBA player who is 6’7” is beyond me, Nits with 8 pts 2-5 both treys in 13 mins. Evan Fournier was the star for the French.