Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 93
  1. #16
    12th man
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    11,780
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    Starting lineup should be the guys we picked up and are paying millions during the off-season. Tired of losing. Payton can’t shoot so maybe DSJ can win the spot if he’s really improved that shot of his.

    Payton
    Ellington
    Morris
    Randall
    MRob
    That was easy .. now select the lineup u would want to start the 2nd quarter .. the Knicks 2nd-unit ???

  2. #17
    12th man
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    11,780
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    Starting lineup should be the guys we picked up and are paying millions during the off-season. Tired of losing. Payton can’t shoot so maybe DSJ can win the spot if he’s really improved that shot of his.

    Payton
    Ellington
    Morris
    Randall
    MRob
    2nd Unit lineup ???

    PG-Frank or DSJ ???
    SG-Dotson or Trier or RJ Barrett ???
    SF-RJ Barrett or Knox or Taj ???
    PF-Taj or Iggy ???
    C- Portis or MitchRob ???

    Com'on everyone select YOUR rotation lineup or Fizdale's lineup for the regular season game, before preseason or after ???

  3. #18
    12th man
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    11,039
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Nits is the starting PG for the French in Sunday’s FIBA match against Germany. Let’s see how he does running the PnR with Gobert.

  4. #19
    12th man
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    11,039
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    Nits is the starting PG for the French in Sunday’s FIBA match against Germany. Let’s see how he does running the PnR with Gobert.
    Guy that said Nits would start didn’t know what he was talking about. Kid named Albicy started, how someone less than 6 ft starts over an NBA player who is 6’7” is beyond me, Nits with 8 pts 2-5 both treys in 13 mins. Evan Fournier was the star for the French.

  5. #20
    12th man
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    11,039
    Rep Power
    30

    Default



    Doesn't have the handle to be a PG, high dribble, very slow with the ball, damn Frank got to work on your dunking.

  6. #21
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    7,147
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post


    Doesn't have the handle to be a PG, high dribble, very slow with the ball, damn Frank got to work on your dunking.
    I don’t know what to say at this point. He’s a 3 and D wing or 2 guard off the bench in this league, best case scenario. Anyone expecting anything else is expecting too much.

  7. #22
    12th man
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    11,039
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    I've been saying that the best way for him to stay in the league is to become a 3 pt sniper. Not sure that happens either looking at the form on his jump shot, takes him forever to get it off unlike the great shooters like Steph, Dame, Trey etc. those guys don't hold the ball for long before getting the shot off.

  8. #23
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    7,147
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    I've been saying that the best way for him to stay in the league is to become a 3 pt sniper. Not sure that happens either looking at the form on his jump shot, takes him forever to get it off unlike the great shooters like Steph, Dame, Trey etc. those guys don't hold the ball for long before getting the shot off.
    If Ntilikina was a good enough defense player to neutralize another team’s top scoring wing or 2 guard, then you could tolerate him only being able to knock down open 3 pointers created for him by attackers like RJ or DSJ. I just don’t think it’s going to happen, especially under Fiz.

  9. #24
    12th man
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    11,039
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Nits recorded 12 points, five assists, five rebounds, three steals, and a block while shooting 3-for-5 from the field, 2-of-4 from 3, and 4-for-4 from the free throw line in 21 minutes. His plus-minus of +31 was the team’s highest, too. Jordan not even as good as a gleague team so it’s like Jimmer or Trey dominating in a game there so let’s not get too excited about it.

    Gobert and Fournier complimented him for his play. Bondy of the Daily News reporting Knicks haven’t decided on whether to pick up his option yet and will only have the FIBA games and training camp to make a decision on whether to do so. Right now I’d say he’s on the bubble, going to come down to a choice of exercising the option on DSJ or Nits I would think. I don’t think they keep both of them.

    Last edited by tiger0330; Sep 04, 2019 at 16:19.

  10. #25
    12th man
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    11,780
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    Guy that said Nits would start didn’t know what he was talking about. Kid named Albicy started, how someone less than 6 ft starts over an NBA player who is 6’7” is beyond me, Nits with 8 pts 2-5 both treys in 13 mins. Evan Fournier was the star for the French.
    Frank & Gobert are NBA players giving all their French teammates the time to shine in the FIBA tournament.
    Frank & Gobert are not going to do anything foolish to get injured in the FIBA tournament.
    Without the help of the Knicks poor NBA Program .. Frank's NBA growth to become an all-around NBA player are working well on getting his speed right and his HOPS in step from outside of the Knicks program. Does Frank want to be traded from the Knicks to a NBA team that has a effective NBA Program for their young players? Yes! Yes! Yes!

    Franks performance in the Fiba games makes him the 7th or 8th Man in the Knicks rotation in the upcoming season.
    How well did Fizdale do having a veteran roster in Memphis? Not so good!
    How well were Fizdale's defense last season, and the full season with the Grizz? Not so good!
    We now have some decent veteran players to put in the starter lineup (except at center) to take a large load off the young-core players on the roster.
    Will Fizdale give the FA players we sign during the off-season a chance to build a starter-lineup among themselves?
    By letting the starter lineup play the first 7 to 8 minute of the first quarter to work-out the screws n nuts in their performance.
    PG-Payton
    SG-Ellington
    SF-Morris
    PF-Randle
    C--MitchRob

  11. #26
    12th man
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    11,039
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiyaman View Post
    Frank & Gobert are NBA players giving all their French teammates the time to shine in the FIBA tournament.
    Frank & Gobert are not going to do anything foolish to get injured in the FIBA tournament.
    Without the help of the Knicks poor NBA Program .. Frank's NBA growth to become an all-around NBA player are working well on getting his speed right and his HOPS in step from outside of the Knicks program. Does Frank want to be traded from the Knicks to a NBA team that has a effective NBA Program for their young players? Yes! Yes! Yes!

    Franks performance in the Fiba games makes him the 7th or 8th Man in the Knicks rotation in the upcoming season.
    How well did Fizdale do having a veteran roster in Memphis? Not so good!
    How well were Fizdale's defense last season, and the full season with the Grizz? Not so good!
    We now have some decent veteran players to put in the starter lineup (except at center) to take a large load off the young-core players on the roster.
    Will Fizdale give the FA players we sign during the off-season a chance to build a starter-lineup among themselves?
    By letting the starter lineup play the first 7 to 8 minute of the first quarter to work-out the screws n nuts in their performance.
    PG-Payton
    SG-Ellington
    SF-Morris
    PF-Randle
    C--MitchRob
    Fizdale’s had his honeymoon his first year, he had the worst roster in the NBA and he had the worst record. The honeymoon is over for Fizdale this year, if he’s the coach that Perry and Mills thought they hired he should be expected to outperform expectations with what he’s got. On paper this is a last place team in the division but if that’s all he’s able to achieve I’d be looking for another coach next season, growth among our young players is going to be the key for a surprising season for the Knicks, which is the reason Fizdale was hired in the first place.

  12. #27
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    7,147
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    Fizdale’s had his honeymoon his first year, he had the worst roster in the NBA and he had the worst record. The honeymoon is over for Fizdale this year, if he’s the coach that Perry and Mills thought they hired he should be expected to outperform expectations with what he’s got. On paper this is a last place team in the division but if that’s all he’s able to achieve I’d be looking for another coach next season, growth among our young players is going to be the key for a surprising season for the Knicks, which is the reason Fizdale was hired in the first place.
    In theory, that makes sense. My question is, are we in the middle of “The Process”? On paper, we signed a bunch of guys to make us better this season, but we signed them all with the intent to have cap space again in 2020 (and 2021 with Randle). Is this team going to try to win or are we getting another season of “play the young guys” tank ball as mandated by the front office?

    I could see us being a lottery team again and the front office still being very happy with Fizdale, if that is what they want.

    On the flip side, Mike Miller was great with our G league squad and now he’s on Fizdale’s bench. If we are supposed to win this season and Fizdale can’t do it, I could see Mike Miller getting the call to replace him by 2020.

  13. #28
    Member Dark Raider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    90
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I agree with your assessment of this year team. You would think that Mills&Perry would have enough of tanking. What it say about them for tanking in the year the NBA setup to discourage tanking. They should have tanked in the season that KP get hurt. Remember winning 2 game toward the end of season. That changed our draft position by at 2 or 3 positions.
    You make a very good point about the players they sign. What do they have to play for? Wasn't last year signee in the same boat?

    Mills & Perry should have traded back in the draft and only signed one F.A. That in my opinion was Cousins. I know he hurt now and a big question mark. Nevertheless thatnnis what I would have done. Taking the cap money and told my young players this money is for you if move the needle of this team progress this year. Trading back and getting Hawks 2 picks would have make more since than RJB.

  14. #29
    12th man
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    11,780
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Raider View Post
    I agree with your assessment of this year team. You would think that Mills&Perry would have enough of tanking. What it say about them for tanking in the year the NBA setup to discourage tanking. They should have tanked in the season that KP get hurt. Remember winning 2 game toward the end of season. That changed our draft position by at 2 or 3 positions.
    You make a very good point about the players they sign. What do they have to play for? Wasn't last year signee in the same boat?

    Mills & Perry should have traded back in the draft and only signed one F.A. That in my opinion was Cousins. I know he hurt now and a big question mark. Nevertheless thatnnis what I would have done. Taking the cap money and told my young players this money is for you if move the needle of this team progress this year. Trading back and getting Hawks 2 picks would have make more since than RJB.

    Yep Yeah Yes! the Mills/Perry couple never manage a winning NBA Basketball organization .. Tanking the first season of the NBA harshest rules laid down against NBA teams tanking says our front-office are slow and not to bright.
    Yep! The best time for the Knicks to TANK-Tank were the season KP got hurt, the same season before the tanking rules would go into affect, the 2017-18 season. The same season when over eight NBA teams did their best at trying to Out-TANK the consecutive losing Suns, Grizz, Mavs, Hawks, and Magic teams.
    The first 5 selection in the first round of the 2018 NBA draft had a rookie season performance that yelled I'm a future ALL-STAR!

    After having a majority of young-core players on the Knick roster in the previous season (having a 17 win season), then trading the 3rd pick for 2 first-round picks wouldn't be wise for the upcoming season.
    Mills/Perry should've resigned DJ to help mentor MitchRob & Knox in a lineup.
    The Knicks young core roster need veteran starters in the upcoming season for their NBA growth !!!

  15. #30
    12th man
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    11,780
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    In theory, that makes sense. My question is, are we in the middle of “The Process”? On paper, we signed a bunch of guys to make us better this season, but we signed them all with the intent to have cap space again in 2020 (and 2021 with Randle). Is this team going to try to win or are we getting another season of “play the young guys” tank ball as mandated by the front office?

    I could see us being a lottery team again and the front office still being very happy with Fizdale, if that is what they want.

    On the flip side, Mike Miller was great with our G league squad and now he’s on Fizdale’s bench. If we are supposed to win this season and Fizdale can’t do it, I could see Mike Miller getting the call to replace him by 2020.

    Great Point .. the one year contracts from our mismanagement Mills/Perry to the majority of the FA signing does spell-out another season of TANKING, when you really look at the Knicks situation. It does make you wanna ask more question bout our building a .500 winning team ???
    Who idea was it for the one yr contract? Mills/Perry? or the FA?
    How many FA did Mills/Perry sign in the offseason? Seven!
    How many of the seven FA will remain a Knick after playing for one season (Randle included) ???

Similar Threads

  1. The Fizdale hire revisited
    By tiger0330 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Nov 13, 2018, 17:16
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: May 16, 2018, 02:28
  3. Nets shake things up.
    By GoKnIcKsDLEE42 in forum NBA
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Jan 06, 2010, 00:21
  4. Shake - n - Bake
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: Feb 25, 2009, 10:01
  5. The Franchise needs a Shake-Up
    By Blumatic in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Jan 31, 2006, 21:23

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •