How will Fizdale shake-out the young backcourt rotation

Doesn't have the handle to be a PG, high dribble, very slow with the ball, damn Frank got to work on your dunking.

I don?t know what to say at this point. He?s a 3 and D wing or 2 guard off the bench in this league, best case scenario. Anyone expecting anything else is expecting too much.

tiger0330

Legend
I've been saying that the best way for him to stay in the league is to become a 3 pt sniper. Not sure that happens either looking at the form on his jump shot, takes him forever to get it off unlike the great shooters like Steph, Dame, Trey etc. those guys don't hold the ball for long before getting the shot off.

I've been saying that the best way for him to stay in the league is to become a 3 pt sniper. Not sure that happens either looking at the form on his jump shot, takes him forever to get it off unlike the great shooters like Steph, Dame, Trey etc. those guys don't hold the ball for long before getting the shot off.

If Ntilikina was a good enough defense player to neutralize another team?s top scoring wing or 2 guard, then you could tolerate him only being able to knock down open 3 pointers created for him by attackers like RJ or DSJ. I just don?t think it?s going to happen, especially under Fiz.

tiger0330

Legend
Nits recorded 12 points, five assists, five rebounds, three steals, and a block while shooting 3-for-5 from the field, 2-of-4 from 3, and 4-for-4 from the free throw line in 21 minutes. His plus-minus of +31 was the team’s highest, too. Jordan not even as good as a gleague team so it’s like Jimmer or Trey dominating in a game there so let’s not get too excited about it.

Gobert and Fournier complimented him for his play. Bondy of the Daily News reporting Knicks haven’t decided on whether to pick up his option yet and will only have the FIBA games and training camp to make a decision on whether to do so. Right now I’d say he’s on the bubble, going to come down to a choice of exercising the option on DSJ or Nits I would think. I don’t think they keep both of them.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
Guy that said Nits would start didn?t know what he was talking about. Kid named Albicy started, how someone less than 6 ft starts over an NBA player who is 6?7? is beyond me, Nits with 8 pts 2-5 both treys in 13 mins. Evan Fournier was the star for the French.

Frank & Gobert are NBA players giving all their French teammates the time to shine in the FIBA tournament.
Frank & Gobert are not going to do anything foolish to get injured in the FIBA tournament.
Without the help of the Knicks poor NBA Program .. Frank's NBA growth to become an all-around NBA player are working well on getting his speed right and his HOPS in step from outside of the Knicks program. Does Frank want to be traded from the Knicks to a NBA team that has a effective NBA Program for their young players? Yes! Yes! Yes!

Franks performance in the Fiba games makes him the 7th or 8th Man in the Knicks rotation in the upcoming season.
How well did Fizdale do having a veteran roster in Memphis? Not so good!
How well were Fizdale's defense last season, and the full season with the Grizz? Not so good!
We now have some decent veteran players to put in the starter lineup (except at center) to take a large load off the young-core players on the roster.
Will Fizdale give the FA players we sign during the off-season a chance to build a starter-lineup among themselves?
By letting the starter lineup play the first 7 to 8 minute of the first quarter to work-out the screws n nuts in their performance.
PG-Payton
SG-Ellington
SF-Morris
PF-Randle
C--MitchRob

tiger0330

Legend
Frank & Gobert are NBA players giving all their French teammates the time to shine in the FIBA tournament.
Frank & Gobert are not going to do anything foolish to get injured in the FIBA tournament.
Without the help of the Knicks poor NBA Program .. Frank's NBA growth to become an all-around NBA player are working well on getting his speed right and his HOPS in step from outside of the Knicks program. Does Frank want to be traded from the Knicks to a NBA team that has a effective NBA Program for their young players? Yes! Yes! Yes!

Franks performance in the Fiba games makes him the 7th or 8th Man in the Knicks rotation in the upcoming season.
How well did Fizdale do having a veteran roster in Memphis? Not so good!
How well were Fizdale's defense last season, and the full season with the Grizz? Not so good!
We now have some decent veteran players to put in the starter lineup (except at center) to take a large load off the young-core players on the roster.
Will Fizdale give the FA players we sign during the off-season a chance to build a starter-lineup among themselves?
By letting the starter lineup play the first 7 to 8 minute of the first quarter to work-out the screws n nuts in their performance.
PG-Payton
SG-Ellington
SF-Morris
PF-Randle
C--MitchRob
Fizdale’s had his honeymoon his first year, he had the worst roster in the NBA and he had the worst record. The honeymoon is over for Fizdale this year, if he’s the coach that Perry and Mills thought they hired he should be expected to outperform expectations with what he’s got. On paper this is a last place team in the division but if that’s all he’s able to achieve I’d be looking for another coach next season, growth among our young players is going to be the key for a surprising season for the Knicks, which is the reason Fizdale was hired in the first place.

Fizdale?s had his honeymoon his first year, he had the worst roster in the NBA and he had the worst record. The honeymoon is over for Fizdale this year, if he?s the coach that Perry and Mills thought they hired he should be expected to outperform expectations with what he?s got. On paper this is a last place team in the division but if that?s all he?s able to achieve I?d be looking for another coach next season, growth among our young players is going to be the key for a surprising season for the Knicks, which is the reason Fizdale was hired in the first place.

In theory, that makes sense. My question is, are we in the middle of ?The Process?? On paper, we signed a bunch of guys to make us better this season, but we signed them all with the intent to have cap space again in 2020 (and 2021 with Randle). Is this team going to try to win or are we getting another season of ?play the young guys? tank ball as mandated by the front office?

I could see us being a lottery team again and the front office still being very happy with Fizdale, if that is what they want.

On the flip side, Mike Miller was great with our G league squad and now he?s on Fizdale?s bench. If we are supposed to win this season and Fizdale can?t do it, I could see Mike Miller getting the call to replace him by 2020.

I agree with your assessment of this year team. You would think that Mills&Perry would have enough of tanking. What it say about them for tanking in the year the NBA setup to discourage tanking. They should have tanked in the season that KP get hurt. Remember winning 2 game toward the end of season. That changed our draft position by at 2 or 3 positions.
You make a very good point about the players they sign. What do they have to play for? Wasn't last year signee in the same boat?

Mills & Perry should have traded back in the draft and only signed one F.A. That in my opinion was Cousins. I know he hurt now and a big question mark. Nevertheless thatnnis what I would have done. Taking the cap money and told my young players this money is for you if move the needle of this team progress this year. Trading back and getting Hawks 2 picks would have make more since than RJB.

Kiyaman

Legend
I agree with your assessment of this year team. You would think that Mills&Perry would have enough of tanking. What it say about them for tanking in the year the NBA setup to discourage tanking. They should have tanked in the season that KP get hurt. Remember winning 2 game toward the end of season. That changed our draft position by at 2 or 3 positions.
You make a very good point about the players they sign. What do they have to play for? Wasn't last year signee in the same boat?

Mills & Perry should have traded back in the draft and only signed one F.A. That in my opinion was Cousins. I know he hurt now and a big question mark. Nevertheless thatnnis what I would have done. Taking the cap money and told my young players this money is for you if move the needle of this team progress this year. Trading back and getting Hawks 2 picks would have make more since than RJB.

Yep Yeah Yes! the Mills/Perry couple never manage a winning NBA Basketball organization .. Tanking the first season of the NBA harshest rules laid down against NBA teams tanking says our front-office are slow and not to bright.
Yep! The best time for the Knicks to TANK-Tank were the season KP got hurt, the same season before the tanking rules would go into affect, the 2017-18 season. The same season when over eight NBA teams did their best at trying to Out-TANK the consecutive losing Suns, Grizz, Mavs, Hawks, and Magic teams.
The first 5 selection in the first round of the 2018 NBA draft had a rookie season performance that yelled I'm a future ALL-STAR!

After having a majority of young-core players on the Knick roster in the previous season (having a 17 win season), then trading the 3rd pick for 2 first-round picks wouldn't be wise for the upcoming season.
Mills/Perry should've resigned DJ to help mentor MitchRob & Knox in a lineup.
The Knicks young core roster need veteran starters in the upcoming season for their NBA growth !!!

Kiyaman

Legend
In theory, that makes sense. My question is, are we in the middle of ?The Process?? On paper, we signed a bunch of guys to make us better this season, but we signed them all with the intent to have cap space again in 2020 (and 2021 with Randle). Is this team going to try to win or are we getting another season of ?play the young guys? tank ball as mandated by the front office?

I could see us being a lottery team again and the front office still being very happy with Fizdale, if that is what they want.

On the flip side, Mike Miller was great with our G league squad and now he?s on Fizdale?s bench. If we are supposed to win this season and Fizdale can?t do it, I could see Mike Miller getting the call to replace him by 2020.

Great Point .. the one year contracts from our mismanagement Mills/Perry to the majority of the FA signing does spell-out another season of TANKING, when you really look at the Knicks situation. It does make you wanna ask more question bout our building a .500 winning team ???
Who idea was it for the one yr contract? Mills/Perry? or the FA?
How many FA did Mills/Perry sign in the offseason? Seven!
How many of the seven FA will remain a Knick after playing for one season (Randle included) ???

Kiyaman

Legend
Fizdale’s had his honeymoon his first year, he had the worst roster in the NBA and he had the worst record. The honeymoon is over for Fizdale this year, if he’s the coach that Perry and Mills thought they hired he should be expected to outperform expectations with what he’s got. On paper this is a last place team in the division but if that’s all he’s able to achieve I’d be looking for another coach next season, growth among our young players is going to be the key for a surprising season for the Knicks, which is the reason Fizdale was hired in the first place.

During Fizdale one yr honeymoon, Fizdale's Iso-system separated every guard in the back-court lineup into performing as a single iso shoot-first guard. There were NO future promise showed in any of the Knicks guards performance to play team-ball last year, under Fiz honeymoon.
My biggest question I have for head coach Fiz-Fiz are .... In the 2019-20 season will the Knicks work hard at Ball-Movement? and Defense for 82 games?
As for Mills/Perry expectation of Fiz-Fiz having a 17 win season, and not getting fired are some questionable expectation.
The Knicks last three head-coaches experience before Knicks hired them are .. Fisher 0 yr, Horn 2 yr, Fiz 2 yr .. when u total up all 3 of the Knicks previous head-coaches .. You have to believe a lot of unemployed NBA head-coaches has been turning down the Knicks head-coaching job.

tiger0330

Legend
The French play Team USA tomorrow Wed. 7AM ESPN Plus. Probably the game Perry is most interested in to see if Nits does well playing against NBA competition. He has shown me one thing during FIBA is he's not a starting PG in the NBA, maybe a secondary PG like RJ could be but definitely not a starting PG. Don't expect him to be starting at PG over DSJ or Payton on opening day.

Kiyaman

Legend
The French play Team USA tomorrow Wed. 7AM ESPN Plus. Probably the game Perry is most interested in to see if Nits does well playing against NBA competition. He has shown me one thing during FIBA is he's not a starting PG in the NBA, maybe a secondary PG like RJ could be but definitely not a starting PG. Don't expect him to be starting at PG over DSJ or Payton on opening day.

When it comes down to who's a better Starter and Finisher between Frank and DSJr for a winning team ???
Frank 100% !!!

You still dont have an idea or clue why the Mavs traded DSJr

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
When it comes down to who's a better Starter and Finisher between Frank and DSJr for a winning team ???
Frank 100% !!!

You still dont have an idea or clue why the Mavs traded DSJr
The French Prince looked good today against a team of NBA players, solid D making Kemba look like a scrub, that height advantage vs. Kemba was huge. Made a couple of huge 3s late in the game to seal the first win against a US team in 58 games. I’d say off of this performance, he’s got the Knicks attention for a spot in the rotation albeit maybe not as a starter.

Nits should have a leg up going into training camp against DSJ and Payton having competed in FIBA, let’s see if he can take advantage of it and beat out one of them for the spot as the starting or backup PG.

The French Prince looked good today against a team of NBA players, solid D making Kemba look like a scrub, that height advantage vs. Kemba was huge. Made a couple of huge 3s late in the game to seal the first win against a US team in 58 games. I?d say off of this performance, he?s got the Knicks attention for a spot in the rotation albeit maybe not as a starter.

Nits should have a leg up going into training camp against DSJ and Payton having competed in FIBA, let?s see if he can take advantage of it and beat out one of them for the spot as the starting or backup PG.

There are 3 fan camps about Ntilikina. Those who think he is good, those who think he is just plain bad, and then the rest of us, including myself, who think he is a bad offensive player and a good defensive player.

It doesn?t shock me at all that Ntilikina could effectively defend any guard or wing in this league. He just needs to be an average offensive player who can knock down open 3s and he is good to go as an NBA wing or 2 guard in the right lineup.

jimkcchief88

All Star
I watched the end and Knits played actually decent. Stiffel tower controlled the paint and Fournier was all over the place. US looked stunned, but I was happy for Knits.

Kiyaman

Legend
Frank played a crucial role for Frances upset over team USA!
I think this game will be a real confidence booster for Frank.
Hopefully an eye opener for the Knicks front-office and all the Haters of Phil's draft selection.

https://youtu.be/UtW9LbDZI64?t=23

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
I watched the end and Knits played actually decent. Stiffel tower controlled the paint and Fournier was all over the place. US looked stunned, but I was happy for Knits.
We may have to eat crow with the kid Chief. He’s also bigger and stronger, which may help him avoid those injuries he’s had since he’s joined the Knicks.

Kiyaman

Legend
There are 3 fan camps about Ntilikina. Those who think he is good, those who think he is just plain bad, and then the rest of us, including myself, who think he is a bad offensive player and a good defensive player.

It doesn’t shock me at all that Ntilikina could effectively defend any guard or wing in this league. He just needs to be an average offensive player who can knock down open 3s and he is good to go as an NBA wing or 2 guard in the right lineup.

On Sunday, I watch the Giants vs Cowboy game .. the Giants had no running game, and no Defensive game. The Dallas Cowboys beat the Giants 35-17. The Giants offensive game looked very critical on the field.

The NY Giants first game of the season looked so much like our full season Knicks last year, having no team-ball on offense, and no team plan on Defense. A poor Giant/Knick Program to stunt the NFL/NBA growth of the young-core players.

The difference between Frank Nitty Ntilikina on the France Fiba team, and Frank with the Knicks .. the french team coach believe in Frank plus show Frank plenty love, by having a young raw Frank playing at his true position to advance his growth, plus playing in a team-ball system having plenty ball-movement, player-movement, spacing, plus having unselfish smart teammates that give each other confidence on both sides of the court.

The last time the Knicks perform a winning B.ball team like France are doing in the Fiba tournament .. Pat Riley was the Knicks head-coach.
Recall the reason why Pat Riley quit the Knicks after going to the FINALS .. Dolan's PUPPET management decision-making !!!

tiger0330

Legend
Another nice game from Nits in France’s loss to Argentina. Best player on the French team today, leading the scoring with 16 pts. One of the ESPN announcers hyped him and said the Knicks have a special player. ��������