Robinson and Randle on ESPN list of NBA?s Best 100 Players

mafra

Legend
ESPN ranked Mitchell Robinson and Julius Randle among the NBA's 100 best players

Robinson and Randle came in at 98th and 92nd, respectively, on ESPN?s ranking of the best players in the NBA going into this season. Only numbers 100 through 51 were unveiled on Monday, with the rest coming up in installments so ESPN can wring as many clicks out of the preseason ranking as possible. Therefore, it?s technically possible that there are more Knicks to be named, but you probably shouldn?t hold your breath!

Remember the last time the franchise brought in a rugged PF to protect the team?s star young C? Charles Oakley. Patrick Ewing.

Remover the impact Larry Johnson has?

Even Rasheed Wallace for Melo. Or... knicks trade for dave debusschere

Could the addition of Julius Randle be as impactful? Or another Jerome James?

tiger0330

Legend
ESPN ranked Mitchell Robinson and Julius Randle among the NBA's 100 best players

Robinson and Randle came in at 98th and 92nd, respectively, on ESPN’s ranking of the best players in the NBA going into this season. Only numbers 100 through 51 were unveiled on Monday, with the rest coming up in installments so ESPN can wring as many clicks out of the preseason ranking as possible. Therefore, it’s technically possible that there are more Knicks to be named, but you probably shouldn’t hold your breath!

Remember the last time the franchise brought in a rugged PF to protect the team’s star young C? Charles Oakley. Patrick Ewing.

Remover the impact Larry Johnson has?

Even Rasheed Wallace for Melo. Or... knicks trade for dave debusschere

Could the addition of Julius Randle be as impactful? Or another Jerome James?
The flip side is they selected KP as the 34th best player, which means we may have dealt a guy that could be a franchise player. Maybe Mills had no choice but it’ll hurt if he’s in that AS game for the next 10 years and none of the assets we got back aren’t.

mafra

Legend
That is certainly the truth. Doncic and KP could make it hurt for a decade and a Cuban will be there to rub it in.

Imagine if DSJ flops? How much worse it?ll be.

The best player on your team being the 92nd best player in the NBA when there are only 150 starters in the entire league sounds like a recipe for a bottom 3 team season. Hopefully a couple guys emerge this season.

tiger0330

Legend
That is certainly the truth. Doncic and KP could make it hurt for a decade and a Cuban will be there to rub it in.

Imagine if DSJ flops? How much worse it’ll be.
ESPN is up to the 11th best player and DSJ is a no show. Looks like he’s a no show on that list of best 100 players, no big deal, the list is flawed to say the least with Zion at 48 not having played an NBA game yet. I wouldn’t rate Fox and Russell at 25 and 26 respectively either but they probably weren't on the top 100 list last year so DSJ has a chance to crack the list next year

mafra

Legend
Russell goes from bust to 26th? Lol.... well, maybe they also base this on situation... GSW should give him a boost... but ... come on!!! I?m sure there are easily 30 guys I would take over DR.

For perspective, by this list, every team in the league has on average 3 to 4 players better than our best player.

tiger0330

Legend
Top 10 with the top 2 coming tomorrow. Lebron dethroned, Freak or Kawhi the big dog tomorrow, got to think that Kawhi has the edge after winning his ring with the Raps this season. I said a couple of seasons ago that Freak would become the best player in the game after LBJ but he may have to wait until next year for ESPN to anoint him that.

10. Paul George, LA Clippers (14)
9. Damian Lillard, Portland Trail Blazers (10)
8. Joel Embiid, Philadelphia 76ers (9)
7. Nikola Jokic, Denver Nuggets (12)
6. Stephen Curry, Golden State Warriors (2)
5. Anthony Davis, Los Angeles Lakers (6)
4. James Harden, Houston Rockets (3)
3. LeBron James, Los Angeles Lakers (1)

Top 10 with the top 2 coming tomorrow. Lebron dethroned, Freak or Kawhi the big dog tomorrow, got to think that Kawhi has the edge after winning his ring with the Raps this season. I said a couple of seasons ago that Freak would become the best player in the game after LBJ but he may have to wait until next year for ESPN to anoint him that.

I?d take PG13 and Jokic over anyone on that list other than Curry and Lebron, if we?re talking about winning games instead of just stats.

Kiyaman

Legend
Russell goes from bust to 26th? Lol.... well, maybe they also base this on situation... GSW should give him a boost... but ... come on!!! I’m sure there are easily 30 guys I would take over DR.

Russell prove in his 2nd season in the NBA on the Lakers, that his best winning performance were at the SG position.
The reason why PG-Dinwiddie & SG-Russell tag-team so well in the back-court to take the Nets to the playoffs.
The Lakers should've kept SG-Russell to put in the back-court alongside pass-first PG-Lonzo Ball ....
Now! The Warriors got two star SG in Klay & Russell whom both could switch-up at anytime to perform as a winning star combo-guard.
The Nets on the other hand has DJ & Kyrie .. practically the same thing Dallas Mavs had in the previous season in DJ & DSJ.

I’d take PG13 and Jokic over anyone on that list other than Curry and Lebron, if we’re talking about winning games instead of just stats.

I'd take Damian Lillard & Anthony Davis for trips to the FINALS, and a championship ring !!!
Lillard has been the top winning leadership PG, entering the NBA as a rookie on a Lottery Blazer team, plus taking the Blazers to the playoff every season since his rookie season. Having an all-around forward AD would put Lillard's Blazers on the Next-Level of the post-season games.

Kiyaman

Legend
For perspective, by this list, every team in the league has on average 3 to 4 players better than our best player.

Yep! That's bout the right odds when u compare the Knicks to all the teams in the league .. especially having a roster of raw young-core players and a very weak coaching-staff.

mafra

Legend
Yeah, you have to put Kawhi on top... He?s the reigning King. Lakers have 3rd and 5th... best... man, expectations must be ring or bust, no?

tiger0330

Legend
Yeah, you have to put Kawhi on top... He’s the reigning King. Lakers have 3rd and 5th... best... man, expectations must be ring or bust, no?
B-ball in LA is going to be crazy but the Lakers have to deal with the Cousins curse, the guy hasn’t been able to win a thing no matter where he goes.

No question that if Lakers, Clippers, and Nets don?t win a championship in the next 2 to 3 years, it will be considered a failure. You can?t bring in multiple elite players and be okay with not winning it all.

I don?t want to hear it from LA and Brooklyn fans a few years from now that these moves weren?t about winning championships.

I suppose you could argue that it was about improving revenues for Brooklyn, but that?s not what fans should be happy with. If it was, being a Knicks fans would be the happiest fans on the planet.

tiger0330

Legend

Freak edged Kawhi for the ESPN best player, Pelton calling Kawhi his 3rd best regular season player mirroring the results of the MVP voting where Freak won based on his regular season performance. Scary but Giannis can be even better and be the best player in the game for the next 10 years.

mafra

Legend
Giannis is taking his baby steps in the playoffs, like all the greats before him.

It?s really now MIL v PHI for EC title next year... then BKLYN should be in mix next season....

But, the Giannis era should take off surely real soon.

Imagine both AD and Giannis together in a NYK Uni come 2021-2022.

Kiyaman

Legend
Yeah, you have to put Kawhi on top... He’s the reigning King. Lakers have 3rd and 5th... best... man, expectations must be ring or bust, no?

Yep .. the Clippers vs Lakers for the WCF, and the L.A. title ???
My money on a healthy Rondo during the post season games.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...clippers-have-the-best-shot-at-a-title#slide1
-VS-
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nb...ames-anthony-davis/ar-AAHXQbC?ocid=spartandhp

I am not gonna take the GS Warriors out of the big picture next post-season, especially the team that bumb-heads with a healthy GS Warriors team in the first round of the playoffs !!!

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
Giannis is taking his baby steps in the playoffs, like all the greats before him.

It’s really now MIL v PHI for EC title next year... then BKLYN should be in mix next season....

So True !!!
The East has two Top BIG Dogs in 78er's & Bucks ....
Embiid/Simmons/Harris -vs- Giannis/Middleton/Bledsoe

tiger0330

Legend

It’s really now MIL v PHI for EC title next year... then BKLYN should be in mix next season....

I would be happy with just one of them. Not happening though, if this crazy off-season showed us anything it’s how these top players want to go to winning teams. We’ll be lucky if we’re 10th in the conference this year, AD is not coming to NY after leaving NO because the team wasn’t winning. Giannis like Harden I think stays with the Bucks because he likes MIL just like the Beard found a home in Houston,