New trades

WiL8000

Rotation player
Like I said in Sixers post, this is bad. Nazr was playing so well, what the heck is wrong with Isiah Thomas. I'm sorry but I don't think Malik Rose is all that great, the Spurs have wanted to cut him loose for a while now.

Hoagies99

Benchwarmer
lol, nazrs been playing like crap recently, and at least they get 2 1st round pics. malik is also a solid defender, nazr def isnt. nazr also has very bad hands down low

maurice taylor is also a good offensive addition, hes good in the low post

so i kinda like this deal

Blumatic

Rotation player
I think we added some Kurt thomas toughness. I think we got tougher but this team is still bad. Nazr was nothing down low. Well he'll be great in San Antonio with TD. Taylor was a good pickup. But now Sweetney will get no playing time. This trade means nothing unless we start winning games. Hey how bout those sixers. wow I love philly.

Trin_Starr

Starter
Wow! These are awesome trades for the knicks!
I'm sorry about the bitch slapping comment to Isiah :)

First off Malik Rose is like KT on steroids - The only reason why his numbers are low is because he has always been back up PF to Tim Duncan, but trust me - his defense is tough!

Taylor is a good pick up and two 1st draft picks! - nice work Isiah!

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
THis has to be the first trade in which we gained draft picks in years. Isiah thank you. Also, i agree with trin on Malik Rose, this guy has a good jumper and will bring some inside presense, its hard to play under Duncan.

Nazr was one of my faves, but these two will definently grow on me, plus those draft picks baby!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

NYKnicks15

Starter
i didnt see that we got 2 first round picks with it and i was pissed. and even with the 2 first round picks im not as pissed. but what does this get us? No center at all. we add two overpaid players.

Malik Rose $5,462,500 $6,008,750 $6,555,000 $7,101,250
Maurice Taylor $8,450,000 $9,100,000 $9,750,000

Malik is only 6'7 and Mo is 6'9...Sweetney loses playing time, so much for developing are young players. This is probably a kindling of the fire in trading Kurt this offseason, most likely for Kwame (the teams disgruntled with him) or Curry (whos disgruntled with Skiles) which I like. But i dislike the idea of losing Sweetneys playing time. Sweet is better then both these guys and i see him beating atleast one of them out for the back up or starting job.

So heres our roster...WITH NO BACKUP POINT GUARD!!!! or CENTER!!!

C Bruno Sundov
F Kurt Thomas
F Malik Rose
F Maurice Taylor
F Mike Sweetney
F Tim Thomas
F Trevor Ariza
G Jamal Crawford
G Allan Houston
G Stephon Marbury
G Penny Hardaway

Im going to give Isiah the benefit of the doubt and say he knows something. He finally settled that we need to forget this year and work on the next. We have 3 draft picks in the first round...we have the expiring contracts of Tim Thomas and Penny Hardaway. And the bait of Kurt Thomas. I think this mite be actually a good offseason.

In the draft we need a SG (rashad Mccants) we need a center (Johan Petro) and a PG (2nd round BJ Elder) and we still have a 1st round...i have officially changed by mind, he did good on this. Very good...

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
NYKnicks15 said:
So heres our roster...WITH NO BACKUP POINT GUARD!!!! or CENTER!!!

looks like more backup time for penny hardaway, at point, but thats quite good, he sbeen performing quite well at that position for a couple weeks now, but for our center issues.... ummm.... i got nothing :rolling:

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
I think these are good trades for us (besides the cap), we gained 2 first round picks,have 3 for this year and I really like Malik Rose. He is an intense player who can play defense.

Knicker Bocker

Benchwarmer
I like the taylor deal cuz we didn't give up much. I'think we gave too much for Rose althought Nazr has been playing awful the last couple of weeks especially with that hamstring. Love the 1st round picks althought all the spur's 1st round picks are always late in the round especially if they win it all this year. We also added 32 future mill to our cap but that seems okay with IT. :?

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
Knicker Bocker said:
We also added 32 future mill to our cap but that seems okay with IT. :?

lol, just when he thought we had our salary cap handled in the next couple years... :fazer: bam! there it goes.

emul0

Rookie
think, he accepted the 32million contracts, cause taylor and rose will be easier to put in a trade package ;)

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
The salary cap problem will not be able to be fixed until Houston's contract expires and he leaves. We have a lot of expiring contracts coming up in the next couple of years which is good. I hate Scott Layden

Hey Scott :flippa:

NYKnicks15

Starter
actually Kurt Thomas excelled at the Center spot back when he was forced to play that spot i believe. but i mite be wrong. I think well get a center in Petro in the draft and be okay or trade for one in the offseason...

Bad news though. Knicks.com the official site of our new york knicks have released the news that we have acquired Maurice Taylor...nothing on Malik Rose yet....but heres the downer we get maurice taylor for Vin Baker, Moochie Norris and OUR second round pick of the 2006 draft. WE DONT GET A FIRST ROUNDER!!!!!!!!!!! or so knicks.com says

NYKnicks15

Starter
sorry i wanted to correct myself....we dont get any picks in the Taylor trade. we actually lose our second rounder in 2006.

We get two picks in the Rose trade (which by the way hasnt even been finalized yet!) we get rose and the spurs (suns) first round pick this year and the spurs first round pick in 2006....so in all actuality we ONLY get two first rounders this year and one second rounder.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
NYKnicks15 said:
Bad news though. Knicks.com the official site of our new york knicks have released the news that we have acquired Maurice Taylor...nothing on Malik Rose yet

thats nothing new for nyknicks.com.. they're webmaster sucks, i think alot of guys that run these sort of fan pages do a much better job. :beat: