Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    12th man

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyaman View Post
    Do u think Fiz whispered to Frank & Trier we gonna need u for the next 10 to 12 minute on the court to get back into this game ???
    Nits ain't getting the Knicks back into it. PG play sucked this game, wtf was Fiz talking about that Payton was fantastic, DSJ needs to get his turn, I'm convinced Perry is throwing in the towel on Ntilikina. He should be dominating against those scrubs he's matched up against.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    Nits ain't getting the Knicks back into it. PG play sucked this game, wtf was Fiz talking about that Payton was fantastic, DSJ needs to get his turn, I'm convinced Perry is throwing in the towel on Ntilikina. He should be dominating against those scrubs he's matched up against.

I think they are being super cautious on DSJ from his tweaked back. I think Fiz knows who he wants to play. As discussed last yr...all of our young talent can't play and excel and be great on this team. Gotta trim the fat

12th man

Barret takes Chiozza off the dribble. Nits should be doing that being 7 inches taller.

12th man

I like that kid Hachimura. Think he's going to be good, better than Culver in MN.

Veteran

I like that kid Hachimura. Think he's going to be good, better than Culver in MN.

Tig I see a pretty solid to potentially really good draft class lurking. Zion is really good in the paint, watching him now

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    Tig I see a pretty solid to potentially really good draft class lurking. Zion is really good in the paint, watching him now
    Z was a given to be good. I had questions whether the bigger, stronger NBA guys could stop him in the paint, early indications are they can't. Easiest 29 pt night I ever saw that he had against the Bulls the other night. Saw him hanging with Zo in tunnel, they'll be Batman and Robin for the Pels.

Veteran

Z was a given to be good. I had questions whether the bigger, stronger NBA guys could stop him in the paint, early indications are they can't. Easiest 29 pt night I ever saw that he had against the Bulls the other night. Saw him hanging with Zo in tunnel, they'll be Batman and Robin for the Pels.
    He and Zo looks good together chemistry wise

12th man

He and Zo looks good together chemistry wise
    Zo and Zion got to be a catchy name for them somewhere. lol. Killer ZZs, ZZ top ....

12th man

I stand by the fact Payton would not amount to much more than what we had in Mudiay. He plays just good enough to remain in the league but overall he's a crap player. Fans are going to tire of him quickly. MRob's issue will be staying on the floor and out of foul trouble...nothing has changed. I understand he's working on his shot and extending range but he should focus on defensive awareness and balance in his approach.

Can't wait until DSJ gets back and I'm not fond of Morris being a starter..IMO he should lead our bench group. We should run literally almost every play through Randle until we get some rhythm to establish an identity

Knits is still a First Ballot BUM
    Yep! Payton is not a starter, and far from being up to par as a backup PG in the Atlantic Division like VanVleet, Smart, and Dinwiddle.
    The Knicks (Fiz/Perry/Mills had all that money and couldn't talk one of the veteran starter PG in the FA market into signing on, as if Kyrie was the only starter PG in the FA market.
    Both the Knicks 3rd season PG .. Frank & DSJ need to spend a full 82 game season on a team that has a vet 30 minute starter PG.
    Then in their 4th season both Frank & DSJ will be performing at starter-mode .. I'm sorry, the Knicks did not invest in their young-core guards, nor did the Fiz/Perry/Mills invest in the Knicks future star center MitchRob, and SF Knox by talking FA center DeAndre Jordan into signing a 2 yr contract for $30M. So the three big-men players could've work-out together on and off in the off-season.
    Rookie RJ Barrett's quick skill set in the preseason games really do need a NBA veteran PG to lead the point switching every once in a while from uptempo transition to half-court-set for the rookies growth at performing at a higher level each night.

Tonight game .. The Wizards head coach Brooks out-coach the Knicks Fizdale in every category in a B.ball game for a 115-99 win over the Knicks.
    Brooks offensive-switching worked perfectly throughout the game in a half-court set having Knicks guards switching to defend the Wizards Big men in the paint.

Veteran

Fell behind and had to catch up watching the rest of the game on DVR.

This team desperately needs DSJ to get healthy and be the motor that drives the offense. This team also desperately needs a guy who can get hot with their outside shooting.

Our front court should be serviceable this season. Our backcourt rotation still looks like it is going to be an issue.

Veteran

Zo and Zion got to be a catchy name for them somewhere. lol. Killer ZZs, ZZ top ....
    We get the show next Friday, should be a goodie

12th man

ESPN+ article that I thought I share since you can't read it without a sub, only sharing the Ntilikina piece. Not sure I agree with it that DSJ wouldn't be a better fit next to RJ if his shot is as good as Nits but I did say Nits best chance to make it in the league was to become a 3 pt sniper.

Frank Ntilikina | New York Knicks

Photo by Elsa/Getty ImagesSwing skill: Spot-up 3s
    Ntilikina finally has positive momentum heading into an NBA season, fresh off a strong FIBA World Cup stint with the French national team. Desperately needing to show signs of improvement, the 2017 top-10 pick might indeed be the best fit alongside Knicks rookie RJ Barrett, as long as he can make enough spot-up 3s to keep defenses honest.
    For all the talk of a point guard battle between Dennis Smith Jr., Ntilikina and Elfrid Payton in New York, the reality is that Barrett figures to function as David Fizdale's jumbo shot-creator. That's why the Knicks drafted the ultra-confident 6-foot-7 lefty -- to generate the majority of their offense for years to come. That means Barrett needs a PG who can play off the ball, make a spot-up 3 consistently and defend either backcourt spot capably.
    Of New York's three PG options, Ntilikina is really the only one who comes close to meeting those qualifications, but he is going to have to develop into a more serviceable catch-and-shoot threat to fulfill that role. With shooting limitations across the roster, the Knicks need Ntilikina to make open 3s more than ever. That's been a struggle for the former Strasbourg product through two seasons. While he did show some promise by ranking in the 45th percentile on unguarded catch-and-shoot jumpers as a rookie, he posted an eFG of just 42.5% on such shots in 43 games last season, 12.9% worse than expected given the shot quality, per Second Spectrum.
    Thankfully for the Knicks, Ntilikina looked much more confident and comfortable with France this summer -- thanks in part to the FIBA 3-point line but mostly thanks to his role. Ntilikina functioned much more as a combo guard, playing off ball-dominant shot creators Evan Fournier and Nando De Colo. Ntilikina's ball-screen possessions often came against a scrambling defense, which led to better decisions and increased efficiency around the rim.
    Ntilikina's true value might never show until he is on a contender, a team with which he can focus on defending, making open shots and moving the ball. For now, though, if he can improve his catch-and-shoot reliability and add more variety finishing his drives, he'll win out as the best fit alongside Barrett in New York's backcourt.

5 points. 2-16 shooting. 5 assists. 3 steals. 11 rebounds. 1 FT attempt. 5 turnovers

This was our stat line production from our PG position tonight. 45 minutes of Payton or Knits.

If DSJ isnít a good offensive PG, weíll... this team will win 24 games. You canít be competitive most nights if this is the QB of your offense.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    5 points. 2-16 shooting. 5 assists. 3 steals. 11 rebounds. 1 FT attempt. 5 turnovers

This was our stat line production from our PG position tonight. 45 minutes of Payton or Knits.

If DSJ isnít a good offensive PG, weíll... this team will win 24 games. You canít be competitive most nights if this is the QB of your offense.
    Remember when Mark Cuban acted like he had gotten a future Hall of Famer drafting DSJ? Yeah, he was full of ****.

That said, DSJ needs to get healthy, stay healthy, and make a jump this season and he could easily be one of the better young offensive PGs in the league. Group that with RJ having a solid rookie season, MRob having a solid year 2, Marcus Morris being the best 2 way player weíve had in years, and the rest of our free agents doing half of what we are overpaying them for and this team maybe wins 35 games.

Otherwise, I think thereís still a very good chance we have the worst record in the league again.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post

If DSJ isn’t a good offensive PG, we’ll... this team will win 24 games. You can’t be competitive most nights if this is the QB of your offense.
    What magnifies the crap PG play by Payton Nits is they were matched up against 2 scrubs in Chiozza and Robinson both undersized PGs and Ish Smith. Maybe it was Fizdale fault in not trying to exploit the size mismatch but our PGs should have dominated their backcourt.
    Last edited by tiger0330; Oct 12, 2019 at 11:12.