Game thread: New York Knicks vs Atlanta Hawks 7:30 10/16/2019 [Preseason Game #3]

rady

Administrator
Staff member

gt.png

ATL.gif
at.png
NYK.gif

(0-3) -- (1-1)

VenueTVTIME
Madison Square Garden, New York, NYMSG7:30 PM EST

Probable starters:

away.png
i
i
i
i
i

home.png
i
i
i
i
i

Injury Report

Atlanta HawksNew York Knicks
Allen Crabbe - Post op rehab ? right knee (OUT)Dennis Smith Jr. - Lower back strain (PROB)
Kevin Huerter - Right knee pain (OUT)Allonzo Trier - Strained neck (PROB)
Chandler Parsons - Load management ? bilateral knees (OUT)Damyean Dotson - Right shoulder (PROB)
-Kevin Knox - Strained right calf (PROB)
-Frank Ntilikina - Sore groin (PROB)
-Kenny Wooten - Sprained left ankle (OUT)
-
Reggie Bullock - Cervical disc herniation (OUT)

Thanks, Rady.

I?ve heard that some people think Atlanta is a sleeper team this season. They haven?t looked like it in the preseason. They do have something that we are going to need to have to win games this season. A guy like Trae Young who can get hot and score in bunches.

In my mind, only 2 guys who have the potential on our roster to be that guy are RJ and DSJ. Finally get to see DSJ tonight. He needs to bring it and win this starting PG job. Actually win it and not just have it handed to him.

The only way DSJ get the starting PG job is that they give it to him. I don't understand what everybody see in DSJ and RJ? A #3 pick should be a dynamite Player. I don't see anything about him that says he is a #3 overall pick. I saw no one in the top 10 worth a top 10 pick...NOBOBY!! That is why we should have traded back with ATL for their two 1st rounder. Let's hope I'm wrong but I only see an very average player in RJ.

As for DSJ, he is more flash an anything else. I don't see any leadership in him especially if things are going right for him. Can he keep everyone involve in the offense? The ball doesn't move when he is in the game. He doesn't play good defense. So how in world do you start him? Perry got to save face at any cost. REMEMBER....last year with 'Super Mario'!! Perry doesn't know how to admit he has made a mistake. He is going to destroy the Knicks with his ego!!!

The only way DSJ get the starting PG job is that they give it to him. I don't understand what everybody see in DSJ and RJ? A #3 pick should be a dynamite Player. I don't see anything about him that says he is a #3 overall pick. I saw no one in the top 10 worth a top 10 pick...NOBOBY!! That is why we should have traded back with ATL for their two 1st rounder. Let's hope I'm wrong but I only see an very average player in RJ.

As for DSJ, he is more flash an anything else. I don't see any leadership in him especially if things are going right for him. Can he keep everyone involve in the offense? The ball doesn't move when he is in the game. He doesn't play good defense. So how in world do you start him? Perry got to save face at any cost. REMEMBER....last year with 'Super Mario'!! Perry doesn't know how to admit he has made a mistake. He is going to destroy the Knicks with his ego!!!

Not sure if you were around, but I spent the 1st year and a half of DSJ?s career trashing him constantly on here. Then he got traded to us. So, yeah, I don?t particularly like him but I feel like I have no choice but to hope I was wrong about him. Our front office is maybe the worst in the league. This franchise is in trouble if we don?t get lucky with a couple of our young guys.

tiger0330

Legend
Looks like we’ll have all the 3 PGs available tonight. Fiz should just go with DSJ and Nits tonight, after 5 years in the league we know what Payton can do. Alan Hahn suggested the Knicks should play DSJ and Nits together to see if that would work, I don’t think there’s any chance it would but it’s training camp so why not.

Looks like we’ll have all the 3 PGs available tonight. Fiz should just go with DSJ and Nits tonight, after 5 years in the league we know what Payton can do. Alan Hahn suggested the Knicks should play DSJ and Nits together to see if that would work, I don’t think there’s any chance it would but it’s training camp so why not.

I want to see if a lineup of MRob, Randle, Morris, RJ, and DSJ can do anything. Maybe Ntilkina and DSJ can get some minutes together once subs start. I don't see a scenario where DSJ and Ntilkina both start. If Payton starts and both DSJ and Ntilkina are in our 2nd unit, then I'm not sure we're really building to anything here.

It's funny. A year ago, I was all about playing Mudiay and Ntilikina together and then all about playing DSJ and Ntilikina together. Now, I'm not sure it's worth pursuing anymore.

tiger0330

Legend
The Wiz waived Justin Anderson the guy Morris bopped on the head with the ball. Guy made 5 3s on us you would think that would be enough to keep a guy around. He had also had a great game against us when he was with the Mavs, surprising to me that he hasn't had more success in the NBA.

The Wiz waived Justin Anderson the guy Morris bopped on the head with the ball. Guy made 5 3s on us you would think that would be enough to keep a guy around. He had also had a great game against us when he was with the Mavs, surprising to me that he hasn't had more success in the NBA.

It?s funny, Anderson is 25-years-old, which in this upside obsessed league means he?s basically an old man. If he was 19-years-old, people would have thought he was the next Reggie Miller hitting those 5 3s against us.

DSJ slides into the starting lineup for Payton. My guess is that if he does even an okay job these 2 preseason games and doesn?t embarrass himself, he is our starting PG to start the regular season.

I missed the start of the game. Portis starting instead of MRob. Not sure why.

DSJ commits 2 fouls in 2 minutes and in comes Ntilikina. DSJ could not have screwed this up worse.

RJ gets the steal and then gets the ball up court on the nice bounce pass to Randle for the fast break layup. RJ has A+ instincts. His execution is still like a C- so far.

mafra

Legend
Frank picks Trey?s pocket but ref calls a foul. Kid is our best wing defender.... so of course Fiz hates him.

Kiyaman

Legend
The ISO-Knicks are looking like a 16 win season team tonight against the Atlanta Hawks !!!
There were no ball-movement on the Knicks offense in the first half of the game ..
Half-Time score Knicks 54 - Hawks 61