Game thread: New York Knicks vs Atlanta Hawks 7:30 10/16/2019 [Preseason Game #3]

Doncic is fantastic, but Trae Young looks like he could be the next Steph Curry. Doncic vs Trae Young and a 1st round pick? I think that I might now like the Atlanta side of that trade with Dallas.

mafra

Legend
DSJ rains a deep 2 to tie it but then commits a horrible turnover on an entry pass....

Portis misses a 3 and here comes Frank with the crash and offensive rebound .... pretends he is taking it out and feeds cutter for the slam. Great play.

Frank is also one of the more intelligent players we have.

mafra

Legend
Frank draws Offensive foul. Kid is making a difference late in the 4th tonight with the little things....

mafra

Legend
Frank misses step back 3.... but he acted boldly and tried it. Then Vince drains 3 and now ATL up 2 with 90 seconds left.

mafra

Legend
Portis (who never passes) attempts and awful 3.... NYK still in it bc Frank is shutting down ATL offense at point of attack.

mafra

Legend
Down 2.... 20 seconds left... no worries.... Frank steals inbounds pass. Randle makes 1/2 FT tho..... 97-96. ATL ball. 19.2 seconds left.

Wow, fellas, watching this unit of Portis, Randle, Morris, RJ, and Ntilikina playing defense was about as much fun as I?ve had watching the Knicks in a while. Tough loss, but still, fun 4th quarter to watch.

RJ shot poorly, but had a nice overall game with 7 boards and 6 assists.

Randle missed that critical free throw, but played well.

Our PG offensive play is going to be the worst in the NBA. Will be hard to overcome.

mafra

Legend
I?m getting a sneaky suspicion that FN?s defense is going to be more valuable than DSJ?s offense.....

It?s only his first game back, but DSJ doesn?t even look like a THjr type player.

Kiyaman

Legend
Wow, fellas, watching this unit of Portis, Randle, Morris, RJ, and Ntilikina playing defense was about as much fun as I’ve had watching the Knicks in a while. Tough loss, but still, fun 4th quarter to watch.

Fizdale's not a builder for the back-court guards .. In the 3rd preseason game i was looking for Fiz to tandem Frank & RJ on the court for 8 to 10 straight minute outing in the game to work together on some offensive plays for teammates . And DSJ & Ellington tandem in the back-court for 6 to 8 minute straight working on inside-outside scoring.
We didn't start ball-movement, and moving without the ball until late in the 4th qtr.
Plus the Hawks out-rebounded us 58-44 grabbing 16 offensive-rebounds to Knicks 6 !!!

tiger0330

Legend
I only caught some of the first half of the game but DSJ looked like crap, no wonder Fiz never said anything positive about the kid like he was heaping praise on Payton. That’s a red flag when Fiz aka Mr. Sunshine ain’t saying something positive about one of his players. Frank I guess played his usual good D but do you really play a guy as your starting PG when by the looks of him on the offensive end doesn’t even resemble a starting NBA PG.

DSJ and Frank play like this we’re going to wind up with an underwhelming Payton starting on opening night. Perry is going to have a tough decision on picking up the option on either one of DSJ or Nits.