Game thread: New York Knicks @ San Antonio Spurs 8:30 10/23/2019 [Game #1]

mafra

Legend
RJ going to see a plus defender in Dejonte Murray. I’d expect you’ll see Pops to apply plenty of ball pressure to see if he can rattle RJ.

Surprised Fiz hasn?t called for an ISO post up for taller RJ yet. That would require actual coaching....

Credit NY. Only took 5 minutes into the season before we post our first brick 10 consecutive miss streak. 1-11 shooting ...

Kiyaman

Legend
Pressure hurts pipes or forges diamonds....

Trier has played the best of the bunch, so he deserves to start. If DSJ or anybody else wants the job, go take it.

Sends clear message to players.... compete at a high level or sit.

The best player at PG in the preseason games were Frank! The Knicks BUM front office has plans on trading Frank & Dotson (the remainder of Phil's players). Fizdale has never let Frank stay on the court for over 6 straight minutes, that alone should tell every Knick fan the coach dont want the PG-Frank to get on the same page with teammates. When rookie RJ Barrett receive 9 to 10 straight minutes of playing-time in every preseason game SMH

DSJ did not do as bad on the court as Payton did in the preseason games. Trier should have worked on a play-maker skill throughout the summer to improve his poor performance as a NBA guard. Last night the Lakers loss to the three PG Clippers lineup .. PG-Beverley, PG-Lou, and point-forward Kawhi were to much for the big Lakers.

tiger0330

Legend
DSJ jumper looks like crap. Fiz new lineup didn’t last when he didn’t get the instant offense I guess he was looking for, he yanked a Trier and inserted DSJ about 6 mins in.

mafra

Legend
Knicks 1-10 shooting from downtown in the first quarter. They score 15 points (I don?t get analytics).... we had zero layups.... I doubt we had a single assist.

Makes no sense to maximizes possessions and shoot deep 2s and 3s when nobody can shoot.

Try going back door and cutting. Get a few easy hoops before you start chucking

They battled defensively.... only reason we trail is bc SA got 6 points of bad luck loose ball breaks.

mafra

Legend
DSJ doesn?t even try to defend.... He can?t score, and doesn?t pass. Other than that, I see no reason why Frank should play over DSJ. It?s fun watching him help other team win. Yes!

mafra

Legend
Well, I guess this is why we don?t have ball movement. Nobody knows how to pass. We had 3 straight possession where SA stole our bad passes.

30-18 and this is going to get ugly soon.

Kiyaman

Legend
Murray with 3 steals in the 1st quarter !!!
Fizdale's repeating last season .. how many games before Knicks fans ask for Fiz head on Thanks-Giving platter ???

mafra

Legend
Payton comes in for DSJ and dishes out 2 assists for 5 NyK points in 1 minute.

Pay should start and Frank backup. Trier and DSJ battle for sixth man role.

tiger0330

Legend
DSJ doesn?t even try to defend.... He can?t score, and doesn?t pass. Other than that, I see no reason why Frank should play over DSJ. It?s fun watching him help other team win. Yes!
Meanwhile down in Dallas KP putting up double doubles and THJ might win the NBA 6th man award.

Kidding about THJ but he?s having a decent preseason, he at least shoots and makes 3s unlike anyone we have.

tiger0330

Legend
Murray with 3 steals in the 1st quarter !!!
Fizdale's repeating last season .. how many games before Knicks fans ask for Fiz head on Thanks-Giving platter ???
Dejonte can ball, looks like he’s back 100%. He’s carving up the Knicks like a turkey.

mafra

Legend
Meanwhile down in Dallas KP putting up double doubles and THJ might win the NBA 6th man award.

Kidding about THJ but he?s having a decent preseason, he at least shoots and makes 3s unlike anyone we have.

We all know (and knew) it KP stays healthy he?ll be a dynamo. I have no doubt he?ll play like an All Star... but, will he be playing come Jan and Feb?

Only Knicks would jettison KP for DSJ. Oh well.

mafra

Legend
Payton with 3 fouls in 7 minutes. DSJ with 3 in 9. Can we see Frank now? And all 6 fouls were asinine.

mafra

Legend
Just shows how foolish we are.... SA likes Euro guys and defensive minded gents. Do we show Pops Frank, hope he has a good game, maybe strum you reside interest? Nope. He?s a DNP CD, even tho PG play in first half setting b-ball back a century.