Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678
    Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyaman View Post
    There shouldn't be any complaints bout the rookie RJ Barrett .. there should only be question on how do you coach RJ throughout his rookie season ???
    1) Should we struggle the season by putting a rookie RJ at the PG spot like Fiz did last night? SMH Fizdale's a JOKE!
    2) Should we play RJ at the SG spot? As a back-court tandem alongside PG-Payton or PG-Frank or PG-DSJ?
    3) Should we play RJ at the SF spot? As a catch n shoot wing, and a wing slasher?
    4) Should we play RJ in certain lineups as a multi-positional player in his rookie season?
    Yeah I think RJ played well in his first NBA game no complaints there....Coaching???? I’ve been giving Coach Fiz a pass because I kinda like him(take that data&#129315 but there needs to be more scrutiny on him this year. Mark Jackson would have been my pick to develop young talent like he did with GS. But we have to stick with a coach sometime so I hope Fiz can figure out a competitive lineup and rotation. PG problems still??? Unbelievable. We should have kept D Rose and I though Mudiay played well down the stretch last year. Again front office woes. Amazing after all these years and we still can’t figure out a backcourt. Give Payton/DSjr a chance to lock down the positions. Credit to RJ quietly going along with starting his first out of position.

Word is the 21-yr-old DSJ showed up out of shape. So much for revamped jumper and 50 point summer showing. Fatty is out of breath and that’s why he’s in doghouse. Great. Can’t be great with zero passion.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    Word is the 21-yr-old DSJ showed up out of shape. So much for revamped jumper and 50 point summer showing. Fatty is out of breath and thatÂ’s why heÂ’s in doghouse. Great. CanÂ’t be great with zero passion.
    Out of shape losing 15 lbs. and all those vids of him working out. I'm not believing that but if he went undrafted and a team brought him into camp for a look they would have cut him off his preseason. He and Nitilina living off their draft pick status but I see the Knicks giving up on both.

Isola was talking about it on his show.... he may have lost the weight playing during summer, but did he take off few weeks before camp and this show up behind others? Was it bc of an injury!

Either way, his lack of explosiveness and athleticism was evident in SA.

Wes Unseld? He was 22 as a rookie, after playing 4 years at Louisville. If you want to compare Wes to RJ, you compare BarrettÂ’s rookie year in NBA to WesÂ’s as a freshman at UL.... oh, wait, you canÂ’t.... bc Wes sat as a freshman at UL... Wes didnÂ’t even play!

Wes!

So, in 3 years, when RJ is 22, then we can compare how his season went compared to what a 22 yr old rookie Wes did...
    Yes Wes Unseld!!
    You keep wanting to evaluate RJ in 3 years. I never said anything about him in 3 years. Again, I might not be here in 3 years.
    I was talking about what a #3 pick should be and I gave Wes Unseld as an example. Of course, this isn't something you would like address as a fan of RJ. Well, I'm a Knick fan 1st. RJ does not move the needle like Wes Unseld. I'm comparing where they were pick. Now if go from last to 1st would it be because of RJ? I seriously doubt it but for you they do then I will say it because of RJ. Now if they finish in last I'm going to say we made a mistake with picking him that high.
    DOES NOT MOVE THE NEEDLE? If you are tired of losing like you say then answer the question.

So, you want to compare impact Wes had his rookie year, after his 4 year college stint at UL? Compare a 24 year old rookie from 1960s, to what RJ does this season, as a 19 yr old kid (who should be a freshman at Duke if this were 1960).

Not sure what else RJ could’ve done to get the win last night.... he had team winning 97-91 until Fiz bungled it.

Wes.... he scores 8 points (22 rebounds) his debut... but he played with Earl “the pearl” Monroe and Gus Johnson. Who was PG fro RJ? Not Earl...

Veteran

This Wes Unseld vs RJ Barrett debate is a weird plot twist

So, you want to compare impact Wes had his rookie year, after his 4 year college stint at UL? Compare a 24 year old rookie from 1960s, to what RJ does this season, as a 19 yr old kid (who should be a freshman at Duke if this were 1960).

Not sure what else RJ couldÂ’ve done to get the win last night.... he had team winning 97-91 until Fiz bungled it.

Wes.... he scores 8 points (22 rebounds) his debut... but he played with Earl “the pearl” Monroe and Gus Johnson. Who was PG fro RJ? Not Earl...
    Yes, I am comparing the impact that Wes and RJ in their rookie NBA season. Nothing else!! It not my fault that RJ came out early. Wes couldn't come out early even though the ABA was taking them early.

As for a win... quit trying to play RJ at PG. We should learn from our mistakes in life. Evidently Fiz doesn't forgot about the SA game. Fiz got the memory of a Defensive Back(he forget the last play...especially if it a TD).

As for debut and the different between the Bullets and Knicks. This is what makes Wes so SPECIAL. A lineup of Gus Johson, Jack Marin, Kevin L. and Earl Monroe. This lineup finish last in the east. It was Wes special talents that move them from last to first. Wes is the only different in that team. That is why he won MVP and ROY. Your Question about who was PG for RJ? RJ was the his own PG, REMEMBER.

You don't draft any player at #3 that doesn't move the needle. RJ couldn't move the needle with Gus, Jack, Kevin and Earl. THAT IS NOT IN HIS DNA(even if Nash is his G-father). An average player at best.
    I HAVE NO PROBLEM EATING MY WORDS IF PROVEN NOT TRUE!!!

Like I said, name your 2 prospects you take instead and we will revisit in 5 years. We got RJ, move on with life and accept the things you can’t control.

I imagine in 5 years you be buying an RJ Jersey. A 24 year old RJ will be starting to resemble a Kawhi type player.

Like I said, name your 2 prospects you take instead and we will revisit in 5 years. We got RJ, move on with life and accept the things you can’t control.

I imagine in 5 years you be buying an RJ Jersey. A 24 year old RJ will be starting to resemble a Kawhi type player.
    Gave 2 prospect when I first responded back to you. You don't get it!!! I'm not revisiting RJ in 5 years. BTW, what happen to the 2-4 years and now it 5 years. Sorry play that game with someone else. As a fan for many years I come to know that I have no control in the Knicks business. I never gave up the right to voice my disapproval of the choices. This happen to be a mistake like the ones Perry made with Super Mario. See Perry can't ever admit when he made them. The last two draft they should have trade back. If you truly tired of losing take off those rose colored glass. Nothing RJ can do can stop us from losing. He not that type of player. Pure and Simple!!

I don't buy jersey or team gear. I'm not that kind of fan. Are you comparing RJ to Kawhi?? Kawhi was a #15 pick and took his team to a championship. Kawhi is also right handed. Remember than tidpit. Might help you in the future.