Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    After a strong preseason, Barrett has been even better in the regular season because he’s even hitting his 3-point shots — not just muscling to the hoop with great body control and inside shot-making flair.

Barrett has achieved an impressive three-game milestone. The 6-foot-7 sniper and only one other player in NBA history have tallied at least 60 points and 15 rebounds and notched five 3-pointers in their first three games. That other player is Kevin Durant.

The third pick in the draft is now the Knicks leading scorer, averaging 21 points.

“He’s a stud,” coach David Fizdale said. “That’s the only way I can put it. He’s a stud.”

He’s also averaging 5.0 rebounds, 2.7 assists and 2.7 steals. With efficiency feared as his biggest issue, Barrett is shooting 51 percent from the floor — and 54 percent (7 of 13) from 3-point territory.

After Kyrie Irving beat Barrett on the step-back, game-winning 3-pointer Friday, the Nets guard wanted Barrett to know he’s willing to help as a fellow Duke alum.

“I just want to make sure that they understand that I’m here for them outside of the competitive field,’’ Irving said. “But you’re going to have instances in the NBA game where you see one of your Duke brothers or someone you went to college with and they’re going to ask you some questions. I’ve been in the league going on my ninth year now. And seeing RJ be so young and be so poised, really just play fearlessly, it’s great. Coach [Mike Krzyzewski] really prepared him for it. I’m going to see him for a few more years in the league, and just told him to stay calm and I’m always here.’’
    One question and one question only: When did RJ win a starting job position(PG, SG or SF)?? Didn't beat Dotson, Didn't beat Frank, Didn't beat Morris or Knox: So they put a square peg in a round hole at PG. If this hurt anybody feeling it not meant too. I see the same problem that existed with Trier from last year. Remember -- "Pass the damn ball". It funny that the two players with most freedom on the court are the starting PG & SG. If you don't see a problem, FINE!!!

We arenít in practice, so itís really hard to know what happened day in and day out. But he looks like a leader out on the floor,
    Even telling vets stuff.

Dotson is a nice young player, but like Knox and Trier.... too inconsistent to depend on.

As stat provided above showed, only KD had a more impactful first 3 games debut in NBA history. Now, if you want to slide RJ to PG, then why not place Dotson next to him?

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    We aren’t in practice, so it’s really hard to know what happened day in and day out. But he looks like a leader out on the floor,
    Even telling vets stuff.

Dotson is a nice young player, but like Knox and Trier.... too inconsistent to depend on.

As stat provided above showed, only KD had a more impactful first 3 games debut in NBA history. Now, if you want to slide RJ to PG, then why not place Dotson next to him?
    No it not hard to know from what we the fans saw in preseason. I never saw him out play anybody in preseason. What I have seen is that Fiz/management is forcing RJ down our throat and say look we made a good decision.. so be HAPPY.

I beg to differ about Dotson being inconsistent. Dotson is again our most well rounded player vs RJ are anyone else on this team. So I'm not sure where you got him being inconsistent. Now if you can show me where Dotson is so inconsistent then I agree with you.
    "If you want to slide RJ to PG, then why not place Dotson next to him". Thanks for proving my point about not winning a start position SG. Dotson didn't lose his starting SG job neither did Frank from what I saw in Preseason lose the starting PG job. I know damn well he didn't beat out Morris. Again, How is he starting?? Who did he beat out? If RJ is this great player that is being presented then there shouldn't be a problem say WHO HE BEAT OUT.
    Quit trying to make a silk purse out of a sow ear. Please quit trying to compare RJ with impact players. RJ is not an impact player. Again, see Wes Unseld...that is the standard for a #3 for me. MOVE THE NEEDLE!! You and management can dress this up all you want 'he still a player that didn't earn a starting position'.

You must see something different in Dotson than I do. He had his chance last year and was mostly down when called upon.

RJ is twice the talent Dotson is, IMHO.

Maybe we did see different season. Last year Dotson came off the bench then started and average in double figures. In that crazy offensive scheme that Fiz was running that was very good. If Dotson was giving the minute or freedom to play a great role in the offense(if you want to call it that) his production would be a lot better. Dotson started year just like the start of last year with DNP. WHY?? So they can sell their wonder boy to Knick fans so they have something to cheer about. A FALSE NARRATIVE!!

Dotson is our best all around player the only other player that come close would be Frank(no offense). Again, I said close so that let you know we don't have anybody on this team that plays both ends of the floor better than them.

There are something that can't be taught because they come with that special talent a player has and possess. In Dotson rookie year he made some moves with the ball that you can't teach. I'm sure you know what I mean. I haven't seen any moves or athleticism that RJ has shown that comes close to what I seen in Dotson.

Finally, Dotson hasn't been given anything from Fiz. Nobody has told Fiz to start him. Nobody has told Fiz to play him when he getting beat like a drum. Nobody has told Fiz to play him on a super star PG and play off 6 ft from him(Irving). If it would have been either Dotson or Frank it would have been a different ending. Instead it a lose like year with Trier in London. Every minute Dotson has gotten is because he EARNED IT. Can you say the same about RJ???

You canít evaluate what Dotson did in a game in late Feb, when teams treat us like a rest day. Nobody cares or plays hard unless they have too against pathetic teams.

Dotson isnít half the player RJ is. RJ is better right now and is 6 years younger.

Dotson can knock down the occasional open 3, he plays decent enough defense. But he only impacts 1 of every 6 games he plays in. He was OK, but if we cut him today he probably doesnít even make another NBA roster.

With no EP and DSJ.... If Dotson doesnít okay in ORL then heís just bench fodder.

Iím all for giving Dotson some burn, but heís not the future. Knox, RJ, Randle, Trier, MRob, Morris, Portis, DSJ, and evening EP are the foundation.

NYK almost won in SA and BKLN and beat CHI. RJ isnít the problem.
    Last edited by mafra; Oct 29, 2019 at 23:24.