Game thread: New York Knicks vs Chicago Bulls 7:00 10/28/2019 [Game #4]

Kiyaman

Legend
He'll play him as the 1st PG off the bench or maybe even start him after today. I'm still not a fan of Nits but let's see if we can win some games with him getting consistent minutes.

I want to WIN games this season .. I would like to see 3rd season Frank & Dotson pass-first talent in the Knick Starter lineup.
I would also like to pull rookie RJ Barret out of the starter lineup, to give RJ the 30 minute 6th Man role.
Stop killing the rookie with 40 minute nights!!!
I want Morris Gibson and MitchRob in the starter lineuo too.
The Knicks 2nd unit lineup would be .. Payton RJ Knox Randle Portis

mafra

Legend
Wsup htr10 .... Since Fizdale been the Knicks head-coach .. every game I watched .. I sit wondering if the Knick players go to practice?
There's no-system nor any chemistry in the Knicks performance.
Tonight, I'm sure you notice, every lineup Frank were in his teammates on the offensive-end act like it was their first time having Frank run the offense.

Ain?t that the truth!

Listen, he?s obviously trying to bolster Frank?s confidence. But Frank did harass LaVine and prevented him from going Kemba Walker on us. Frank has value as a defensive piece, like Payton, but yes.... the offense is beyond atrocious. Is it confident? Mechanics?

My point is, I prefer a player impacting game other than scoring as opposed to these bums that score or do little else.

I?m not even convinced we have a PG if we could fuse all 3 PGs into 1. We just have to hope, based on age, that something clicks and we salvage something Here. It would be painful if both DSJ and Frank are worthless
And cut at end of season.

mafra

Legend
I want to WIN games this season .. I would like to see 3rd season Frank & Dotson pass-first talent in the Knick Starter lineup.
I would also like to pull rookie RJ Barret out of the starter lineup, to give RJ the 30 minute 6th Man role.
Stop killing the rookie with 40 minute nights!!!
I want Morris Gibson and MitchRob in the starter lineuo too.
The Knicks 2nd unit lineup would be .. Payton RJ Knox Randle Portis

I believe I saw a star that showed playing 35 minutes a night par for course for these top picks. KAT, Young, and a bunch of recent picks all were used heavily. These legs are young.... the experience he gains on the floor outweighs the body burnout. It?s not time in NBA we load management teenagers.

mafra

Legend
N o one felt the energy of the Garden like forward Bobby Portis, though. In his coming out game of sorts with the Knicks, Portis had a team-high 28 points with 11 rebounds. He had two late daggers from 3 against his former team as well. Those baskets in particular had the crowd chanting his name.

"Yeah, it's kind of hard not to (hear the crowd)," Portis said. "It's fun when they call your name, that was my first time that actually ever happened [in the NBA]."

Technically speaking, Knicks coach David Fizdale described his team's late energy to grab the win as "juice." He saw it from his team, and Fizdale, like Knicks fans at the Garden, hopes that will turn into a developing trend. The coach said it was missing before Monday.

"One thing we can say about this game, three out of the four games, we got a lot of fight in us. We don't ever lay down," Fizdale said. "The other night I just thought we ran out of emotional juice, but I knew we would fight back (tonight). I didn't know if we would get over the hump, but I knew that we would fight back. They did that and trusted tonight in that."

mafra

Legend
RJ is the first Knicks rookie to record 19 points, 15 rebounds and five assists since Walt Frazier in 1968.

mafra

Legend
Tommy Beer

@TommyBeer
Another monster all-around effort from RJ Barrett in the victory over Chicago:
19 points,
15 rebounds
5 assists

Per @bball_ref,
The only other teenager in NBA history with at least a 19/15/5 in a single game is ... LeBron James

Because we?re the Knicks and we are a losing team, RJ?s start to the season hasn?t garnered the excitement it would have under other circumstances. Imagine if Ntilikina or Knox had put up these numbers in their first few games of their rookie seasons?

We actually got a legitimate, ready to go from day one, rookie on our squad. The only question for me now is how much better can he get.

mafra

Legend
I get that we focus on athleticism and explosiveness, when we measure a potential ceiling.... but don?t underestimate the mental part and the spiritual part.... mind and will...

For example, last night the adjustment made to turn tide was something the teenager noticed;

?In the second half, RJ Barrett noticed that the Bulls big man was up when defending ball screens. This left the short roll open for Julius Randle.

Randle had struggled with turnovers for much of the night, but he was able to make plays late against Chicago's pick-and-roll defense. He had three assists -- all on three-pointers -- in the fourth quarter. Two of them were on Portis 3s on consecutive possessions.

"He finally said, 'Wait a minute. I'm running into traffic right now. I've just got to move the ball. It's not going to be me tonight,'" David Fizdale said. "That's a big step for him to do that."

There?s RJ picking up something that Randle and Fiz didn?t see. He grasped this real-time, in the flow of the game.

Give me a break!!!
Questions -- What was the different on the floor in the final 5 to 3 minutes? Who was on the floor that wasn't on the floor during those 3 loses? If we lose is it RJ getting beat like drum? If we win is it RJ that made the different? Gentleman let answer those questions.
Of course last night belong to Bobby P. for his emotional play. There is one other player who deserve some credit over the last two game in particular. That is Knox. The Post make mention of it in an article this morning. It was good to know that someone saw his effort on defense especially. He hasn't gotten beat or caught out of position in the last two outing that I could see.
If you play Knox the number of minuter you played RJ it would've had nearly 30 points. So let be fair here when dishing out praise and let give credit where credit is due not to a make-up hero.

To me(saw only the 2nd half) the different making in last night win was Bobby, Knox, Ellington and Frank.