Game thread: New York Knicks vs Chicago Bulls 7:00 10/28/2019 [Game #4]

mafra

Legend
RJ sinks 3/4 FTs down stretch (and got rebound-putback in the lone miss).

15-0 run!

1-3 and we on pace to win 20!!!

mafra

Legend
19-15-5 for RJ.

Frank ugly on offense but still was impacting game some with defense down the stretch. Better to contribute on one end as opposed to being a complete zero.

Still, we need a PG folks.

Kiyaman

Legend
19-15-5 for RJ.

Frank ugly on offense but still was impacting game some with defense down the stretch. Better to contribute on one end as opposed to being a complete zero.

Still, we need a PG folks.

Frank didn't let Zach still this WIN !!!

tiger0330

Legend
The boys played good defense down the stretch forcing the Bulls to take some tough shots. Portis had one of those I'll make my old team regret they traded me games, Bulls aren't what I thought they were in the pre-season. Knicks to a man looked relieved to get that first W.

Kiyaman

Legend
An Exciting Knick WIN 105 - 98 !!!
Frank locking down whole possessions, RJ dominating, Knox playing spirited D and taking it to the hoop, and Bobby Portis WOW-WOW !!!
I haven't been a Portis fan .. but I tip my hat to him tonight!!!
Coming back from 18 down and 10 in the fourth is so sweet. I don't know how many games we will have a Knicks win ending .. have to savior the moment.

Kiyaman

Legend
The boys played good defense down the stretch forcing the Bulls to take some tough shots. Portis had one of those I'll make my old team regret they traded me games, Bulls aren't what I thought they were in the pre-season. Knicks to a man looked relieved to get that first W.

Wsup Tiger .... No Frank - no win LOL

Had to catch up on DVR, just finished watching now.

The cynic in me wants to say ?can?t lose them all?.

The optimist in me is blown away by RJ, Portis, and Randle all putting up double doubles with RJ and Randle combining for 10 assists.

Here?s the thing though. We?ve had guys come off the bench and have big nights before. Trier did it like 2 games ago before going back on a milk carton. Can Portis come out and be a big contributor on a regular basis?

mafra

Legend
Michell takes to twitter to defend DSJ, says NyK fans tripping.... its only 3 games.

I don?t know if Randle and Portis and Morris are long term, 4-6 year NYK players.... but for this team, right now, those 3 and Taj are perfect guys to show RJ and Mitch what we want them to be....

Say we get AD and draft a stud.... those guys are fun role players for a winning team. We shall see. They need to continue growing their all around game too.

But, for now, at least we fielding an NBA roster.

This season is all about laying a foundation. Maybe lottery balls reward us this time!

Greg Anthony Jr?

mafra

Legend
Portis made a 3 to give us lead finally late in 4th... and acted more shocked than anybody else it went in.

But he did shoot 39% last season. I don?t expect this most nights, but I was hoping he?d knock down a few trifectas.

Portis looks crazy. His eyes and face crack me up. He just looks like a dude you don?t say the wrong thing too.

I know people are excited about what Ntilikina does on defense and he had that one nice assist to Randle, but I?m at the point where I see Ntilikina and DSJ bricking open 3 pointers in my sleep.

Kiyaman

Legend
The kid scored ZERO points. He had more TO's than dimes and no steals or blocks. No Frank No win I hardly think so, still think he's a borderline bust.

The Knicks won tonight having Frank in the rotation!
When a coach has 3 scorers in his rotation .. a player having Frank skills/talent are very valuable.
Rondo prove that having the Boston Big-3
The reason why in 2014 offseason, the best FA the Knicks needed to sign for Melo's Iso-offense were FA PG-Shaun Livingston.

tiger0330

Legend
Fizdale is a clown. If this is where his priorities lie, how come he has basically spent the last year not playing Ntilikina?
He'll play him as the 1st PG off the bench or maybe even start him after today. I'm still not a fan of Nits but let's see if we can win some games with him getting consistent minutes.

Kiyaman

Legend
I know people are excited about what Ntilikina does on defense and he had that one nice assist to Randle, but I’m at the point where I see Ntilikina and DSJ bricking open 3 pointers in my sleep.

Wsup htr10 .... Since Fizdale been the Knicks head-coach .. every game I watched .. I sit wondering if the Knick players go to practice?
There's no-system nor any chemistry in the Knicks performance.
Tonight, I'm sure you notice, every lineup Frank were in his teammates on the offensive-end act like it was their first time having Frank run the offense.