Game thread: New York Knicks @ Boston Celtics 7:30 11/1/2019 [Game #6]

Kiyaman

Legend
When your starting PG plays 26 minutes across 3 quarters and has 0 assists, can you really call him your PG?

Yes, when the lead keep changing teams !!!
To me .. Frank has been our best crunch-time player the past 3 seasons.

Wow. Huge effort from Morris tonight. Ties the game with the 3 pointer on the assist from Knox. 4.7 seconds to go though.

Brutal loss. Tatum with the game winner on a tough shot well defended in the corner.

Knicks are 1 and 5. Might be looking at another sub-20 win season.

Broadway

All Star
When your starting PG plays 26 minutes across 3 quarters and has 0 assists, can you really call him your PG?

NO!

Kemba 10-26-19...32pts Game 1

Kemba 11-1-19...33pts Game 2

So what was the REAL story behind the start tonight? I guess maybe Knits could've locked up Tatum he had 24pts tonight, because he had only had 15pts the first time we played them. Gotta get us 5 Knits and then we'll be legit contenders

Can't stand our point guard and can't stand our coach. If it wasn't for RJ I wouldn't watch this team

tiger0330

Legend
Kemba has 31 but you can’t blame it all on Frank. Knicks doing a lot of switching taking Frank off Kemba. Fiz going with offense defense lineups last few minutes. 17 seconds left Celts up 100-99 with a Kemba at the line. Kemba hits both.

Morris hits a 3 to tie it with 4 seconds left. Celts should have fouled the 40% FT shooter JR on his drive to put him on the line but instead Knicks get the OR for MM shot.

Heartbreaker Tatum makes a corner 2 against RJ to seal the deal for the Celts on the last play of the game. Knicks go 1-5.

Broadway

All Star
Kemba has 31 but you can’t blame it all on Frank. Knicks doing a lot of switching taking Frank off Kemba. Fiz going with offense defense lineups last few minutes. 17 seconds left Celts up 100-99 with a Kemba at the line. Kemba hits both.

Morris hits a 3 to tie it with 4 seconds left. Celts should have fouled the 40% FT shooter JR on his drive to put him on the line but instead Knicks get the OR for MM shot.

Heartbreaker Tatum makes a corner 2 against RJ to seal the deal for the Celts on the last play of the game. Knicks go 1-5.

Of course not but why all the fuss the other week when they beat us at The Garden that we should've had him in on Kemba? If a team can counter your schemes then all it amounts to is a bunch of fans sour graping over a loss. Coach clearly said that's why he started him. Berman called himself being a wise guy trying to call Fiz out during the post game but maybe some who follow this team don't really understand how the game is played

Until very late in the game when Kemba was getting roughed up he had a fairly EASY night

tiger0330

Legend
Y'all need to get off Frank .. and hope Boston don't repeat their 2nd half blow-out again like they did in MSG on opening night.
This is the first time Frank received above 12 minute of playing time in the first half of a game in 3 seasons.
Defense win games .. the Knicks defense STANK because Frank was always on the bench.
10 pts on 4-9 was decent. Did an NBA PG move going behind his back with a step back on one of his 2s that was impressive, I?d say he deserves another look as the starter, DSJ hasn?t looked anywhere as good as Frank looked tonight.

Kiyaman

Legend
We don?t seem to have a real PG on the roster this year.

1-5 record
Eight Man rotation .. without any coach design plays!
We don't seem to have a real NBA head-coach that could strategically grab a win, or steal a close crunch-time win having some decent role-players on the roster .. but not in the rotation.
Randle's performance in 6 games are proving Randle's not an above 28 minute performer (6 turnover), or dependable crunch-time player .. Gibson & MitchRob tandem should have gotten some minutes tonight vs Boston.
Dotson or Trier should've got some minute tonight vs Boston tandem PG-Smart & PG-Walker

Kiyaman

Legend
10 pts on 4-9 was decent. Did an NBA PG move going behind his back with a step back on one of his 2s that was impressive, I’d say he deserves another look as the starter, DSJ hasn’t looked anywhere as good as Frank looked tonight.

Frank's 2nd season growth in the NBA should've been the time Frank receive consecutive 30 minute of playing-time on the court.
The spot-minute of playing-time Fiz been giving to Frank in a isolation lineup last season made me want to be traded to the next team with KP.

Kiyaman

Legend
NO!

Kemba 10-26-19...32pts Game 1

Kemba 11-1-19...33pts Game 2

So what was the REAL story behind the start tonight? I guess maybe Knits could've locked up Tatum he had 24pts tonight, because he had only had 15pts the first time we played them. Gotta get us 5 Knits and then we'll be legit contenders

Can't stand our point guard and can't stand our coach. If it wasn't for RJ I wouldn't watch this team

IF coach would have tandem Frank & Dotson vs Payton & RJ at the start of our scrimmage games in training-camp, and played the tandem guards throughout the preseason games to get on the same-page the results would be better .. the Boston's Kemba & Smart would not be a Knick threat.
I like our future star rookie RJ .. but hell no! RJ doesn't have the experience this EARLY in the season to be receiving 40 minute of playing-time on the court throughout the first 6 games .. RJ has been taking way to many minute in the guard rotation in every regular and preseason game.
RJ & Trier
RJ & DSJ
RJ & Payton
Tonight we have .. RJ & Frank

tiger0330

Legend
1-5 record, tied with Sacramento for the worst record in the NBA. We play them tomorrow, must win game, believe it or not the schedule really gets brutal starting with the Sixers game on 11/20. We need to rack up as many wins before then.

IF coach would have tandem Frank & Dotson vs Payton & RJ at the start of our scrimmage games in training-camp, and played the tandem guards throughout the preseason games to get on the same-page the results would be better .. the Boston's Kemba & Smart would not be a Knick threat.
I like our future star rookie RJ .. but hell no! RJ doesn't have the experience this EARLY in the season to be receiving 40 minute of playing-time on the court throughout the first 6 games .. RJ has been taking way to many minute in the guard rotation in every regular and preseason game.
RJ & Trier
RJ & DSJ
RJ & Payton
Tonight we have .. RJ & Frank

I agree with you 100%. Dotson didn't even get into the game last night. Our BEST all round player isn't playing. WHY?? Well because Perry wants everybody to know he is good at picking a lottery pick. After those disaster of tanking, drafting and FA. He is trying to put a happy face on this team. Look we have a prize rookie in RJ. Really!! When you should have traded back and draft kids like Jaxon Hayes, Eric Paschall and the Walker.

Second time RJ been beat with the game winning shot. Fiz tried to put a good spend on it. Why was he out there??

Saw where Mills had a talk with Frank during practice before the Boston game. I guess Mills said to Frank, I have stuck my neck out for you to start saw please that leave me out there hanging. Decent performance by Frank. I hope he continue to have playing time with good performance. Hopefully the scoring will get better and better. Let cross our fingers Frank Fans.

RJ joined a team that won 17 games last year and he?s averaging 17+ points on 44% shooting (39% from 3) with over 6 boards, over 3 assists, and 1.5 steals per game. Yeah, he?s not really the guy I would critique on this trash team.

Since I switched sides, I?m now realizing how annoying the Ntilikina supporters who just spend all their time tearing down everyone else have become.

Ntilikina and Randle tied for a team worst -5 last night.

Last edited:
RJ was 5 -17(29%) FG. 1 -4(25%) 3's and 4 -6(66%) FT. last night. Playing the team most 39 minutes and taking the most shots along with Morris. Don't see where he raising any hell as a player they say he is.

You forgot last night stat. Just thought I would help.