Game thread: New York Knicks @ Boston Celtics 7:30 11/1/2019 [Game #6]

RJ was 5 -17(29%) FG. 1 -4(25%) 3's and 4 -6(66%) FT. last night. Playing the team most 39 minutes and taking the most shots along with Morris. Don't see where he raising any hell as a player they say he is.

You forgot last night stat. Just thought I would help.

I watched the game last night. You? Maybe, maybe not. Hard to tell when you wait until the next day to say something.

You got a lot of negative things to say about RJ and you love Ntilikina. Not sure what your agenda is here.

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
It’s the height of insanity to be praising Ntilikina and suggesting he should be the Knicks starting PG and on the other hand disparaging RJ’s play and potential after 6 NBA games. Ntilikina in 2 plus years hasn’t shown the talent or potential RJ has in 6 games. Also, Frank’s fans always point out he’s 19 and he’s going to get better, that same line of thinking goes double for RJ, he’s got way more upside and I’ll take bets on that.

Kiyaman

Legend
It’s the height of insanity to be praising Ntilikina and suggesting he should be the Knicks starting PG and on the other hand disparaging RJ’s play and potential after 6 NBA games. Ntilikina in 2 plus years hasn’t shown the talent or potential RJ has in 6 games. Also, Frank’s fans always point out he’s 19 and he’s going to get better, that same line of thinking goes double for RJ, he’s got way more upside and I’ll take bets on that.

The problem lies in our PUPPET coach Fizdale .. RJ Barrett's performance has never shown to be a better point than Reddish at Duke.
Who F ing idea was it to put RJ Barrett as the Knicks starter PG over Payton? Frank? and DSJ in the Knicks first regular season game?
Rookie RJ Barrett does has lots of athletic skills at being a one on one isolation player, but RJ's growth to become a NBA star player will rely on RJ's team-ball athleticism on both sides of the court. Last night the Boston offensive switches and many picks kept having RJ defending Kemba .. Why would coach Brad Steven keep running double picks n double screens to keep Frank from defending Kemba?

As a Knick fan u are very aware of how Fizdale gave Frank playing-time last season by playing Frank in all 4 quarter of a game, and at the end of the game Frank total 20 minute of playing-time .. those are the type of spot-minute u give to a perimeter shooter like Ellington (or Steve Kerr) for design double screen plays to set up a open jump-shot. You dont give a prime young DEFENSIVE player spot minute in any game. How many games did Fizdale give Frank 30 minute of playing-time last year? When Fiz so call duty were to get the young-core players on the same-page in a lineup, how well did that work out ???

Our PUPPET coach Fizdale's favoritism to RJ & Randle's individual clumsy performance in practically every Knick lineup since the preseason games as if these two players name & performance are the same as super-star players Harden Westbrook Kawhi Lebron AD Draymond or Jokic .. RJ and Randle's above 37 minute performance has a lot to do with the Knicks 1-3 preseason record, and the 1-5 regular season start (total 2-8). Yes they are the reason for the Knicks poor ball-movement on offense, and the lack of effort in team-defense.
Fizdale are suppose to be building a team-chemistry having a 10 to 12 Man rotation in the Knicks first 20 regular season games.
Having a 8-Man rotation last night vs Boston when Dotson & Gibson defense were needed for opponent Hayward, Tatum, and Kemba are INSANE coaching !!!

Kiyaman

Legend
RJ joined a team that won 17 games last year and he’s averaging 17+ points on 44% shooting (39% from 3) with over 6 boards, over 3 assists, and 1.5 steals per game. Yeah, he’s not really the guy I would critique on this trash team.

Since I switched sides, I’m now realizing how annoying the Ntilikina supporters who just spend all their time tearing down everyone else have become.

Ntilikina and Randle tied for a team worst -5 last night.

If you watched the Game closely last night u seen in the Knicks 8-Man rotation that the worst 3 Knick players on the court were Randle, Barrett, and Ellington !!!

If you watched the Game closely last night u seen in the Knicks 8-Man rotation that the worst 3 Knick players on the court were Randle, Barrett, and Ellington !!!

I respect your analysis, Kiya, but we?ll have to agree to disagree.

I think Fizdale is asking some of our guys to make plays on offense while other guys are allowed to just hang back. RJ had a nice assist to Ntilikina last night. That?s supposed to be working the other way around.

mafra

Legend
We lost bc we didn?t hit our FTs. This team needs to take care of little things, like turnovers and FTs, or we have little hope...

Knicks competed and played tough defense.... This is how they should play this season.... play tough defense and hope they hit their 3s....

Frank was decent enough.... he made plays... still, it?s like trying to win in NFL without a QB. Tough. DAL and ATL just let their stud control ball, knowing they?ll create and make good decisions

If Randle and DSJ can?t be dynamic weapons on offense, this team will lose most nights because we don?t have a 4th Q offensive player.

I watched the game last night. You? Maybe, maybe not. Hard to tell when you wait until the next day to say something.

You got a lot of negative things to say about RJ and you love Ntilikina. Not sure what your agenda is here.

No did not watch the game. I don't talk during the game. I may miss something. Couldn't post RJ stat's until after the game, huh.

Yes, got a lot of negative things to say about the team and RJ. So it just RJ.

Love Frank?? Well let say I would like to see him get a fair chance to success. He was denied the chance to have an MVP tutor him. He was denied a chance to play 30+ during his rookie season. He had no help from management or coaches because he was a Phil player. So Love, if you want to say that it Ok.

My Agenda? Maybe you haven't been a fan longer than me. If you have then you should be just like me 'tired of losing'. It seen like you are grabbing after any that shine. All that glider isn't gold. You may not think we have as many problems as I think we have as a team. And that ok. Just ask yourself the question 'Should a #3 overall pick move the needle of this team'? Is he a better all-around player than Dotson(our best around player)? If not then why draft him? Do we as a team have the time to waste a lottery pick on a #3 when we have so many other problems?

Now those are just a few questions about RJ. Just think about the questions that pertain to the overall team. You don't have to reply back with an answer but it would be nice. Just think about it and when you answer them truly to yourself then say 'Hey he might just have something there'.

The problem lies in our PUPPET coach Fizdale .. RJ Barrett's performance has never shown to be a better point than Reddish at Duke.
Who F ing idea was it to put RJ Barrett as the Knicks starter PG over Payton? Frank? and DSJ in the Knicks first regular season game?
Rookie RJ Barrett does has lots of athletic skills at being a one on one isolation player, but RJ's growth to become a NBA star player will rely on RJ's team-ball athleticism on both sides of the court. Last night the Boston offensive switches and many picks kept having RJ defending Kemba .. Why would coach Brad Steven keep running double picks n double screens to keep Frank from defending Kemba?

As a Knick fan u are very aware of how Fizdale gave Frank playing-time last season by playing Frank in all 4 quarter of a game, and at the end of the game Frank total 20 minute of playing-time .. those are the type of spot-minute u give to a perimeter shooter like Ellington (or Steve Kerr) for design double screen plays to set up a open jump-shot. You dont give a prime young DEFENSIVE player spot minute in any game. How many games did Fizdale give Frank 30 minute of playing-time last year? When Fiz so call duty were to get the young-core players on the same-page in a lineup, how well did that work out ???

Our PUPPET coach Fizdale's favoritism to RJ & Randle's individual clumsy performance in practically every Knick lineup since the preseason games as if these two players name & performance are the same as super-star players Harden Westbrook Kawhi Lebron AD Draymond or Jokic .. RJ and Randle's above 37 minute performance has a lot to do with the Knicks 1-3 preseason record, and the 1-5 regular season start (total 2-8). Yes they are the reason for the Knicks poor ball-movement on offense, and the lack of effort in team-defense.
Fizdale are suppose to be building a team-chemistry having a 10 to 12 Man rotation in the Knicks first 20 regular season games.
Having a 8-Man rotation last night vs Boston when Dotson & Gibson defense were needed for opponent Hayward, Tatum, and Kemba are INSANE coaching !!!

ISO on the weakest link in the defense. RJ on Tatum. That just smart coaching. Frank man was across the court.

No did not watch the game. I don't talk during the game. I may miss something. Couldn't post RJ stat's until after the game, huh.

Yes, got a lot of negative things to say about the team and RJ. So it just RJ.

Love Frank?? Well let say I would like to see him get a fair chance to success. He was denied the chance to have an MVP tutor him. He was denied a chance to play 30+ during his rookie season. He had no help from management or coaches because he was a Phil player. So Love, if you want to say that it Ok.

My Agenda? Maybe you haven't been a fan longer than me. If you have then you should be just like me 'tired of losing'. It seen like you are grabbing after any that shine. All that glider isn't gold. You may not think we have as many problems as I think we have as a team. And that ok. Just ask yourself the question 'Should a #3 overall pick move the needle of this team'? Is he a better all-around player than Dotson(our best around player)? If not then why draft him? Do we as a team have the time to waste a lottery pick on a #3 when we have so many other problems?

Now those are just a few questions about RJ. Just think about the questions that pertain to the overall team. You don't have to reply back with an answer but it would be nice. Just think about it and when you answer them truly to yourself then say 'Hey he might just have something there'.

?Tired of losing? does not begin to describe the frustration I have with this team.

I think it is too soon to decide RJ doesn?t move the needle.

Let hope you are right about RJ and I am wrong.

My eye and what I know about TALENT says I'm right.

You didn't answer any of the questions.

Let hope you are right about RJ and I am wrong.

My eye and what I know about TALENT says I'm right.

You didn't answer any of the questions.

I answered one of them.

He?s better than Dotson. You draft him at #3 because he was the consensus 3rd best prospect in the draft. Drafting a player at #3 doesn?t waste time so that question makes no sense.

How many more questions were there?