Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    Kemba has 31 but you can’t blame it all on Frank. Knicks doing a lot of switching taking Frank off Kemba. Fiz going with offense defense lineups last few minutes. 17 seconds left Celts up 100-99 with a Kemba at the line. Kemba hits both.

Morris hits a 3 to tie it with 4 seconds left. Celts should have fouled the 40% FT shooter JR on his drive to put him on the line but instead Knicks get the OR for MM shot.

Heartbreaker Tatum makes a corner 2 against RJ to seal the deal for the Celts on the last play of the game. Knicks go 1-5.

Of course not but why all the fuss the other week when they beat us at The Garden that we should've had him in on Kemba? If a team can counter your schemes then all it amounts to is a bunch of fans sour graping over a loss. Coach clearly said that's why he started him. Berman called himself being a wise guy trying to call Fiz out during the post game but maybe some who follow this team don't really understand how the game is played

Until very late in the game when Kemba was getting roughed up he had a fairly EASY night

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyaman View Post
    Y'all need to get off Frank .. and hope Boston don't repeat their 2nd half blow-out again like they did in MSG on opening night.
    This is the first time Frank received above 12 minute of playing time in the first half of a game in 3 seasons.
    Defense win games .. the Knicks defense STANK because Frank was always on the bench.
    10 pts on 4-9 was decent. Did an NBA PG move going behind his back with a step back on one of his 2s that was impressive, Iíd say he deserves another look as the starter, DSJ hasnít looked anywhere as good as Frank looked tonight.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    We donít seem to have a real PG on the roster this year.
    1-5 record
    Eight Man rotation .. without any coach design plays!
    We don't seem to have a real NBA head-coach that could strategically grab a win, or steal a close crunch-time win having some decent role-players on the roster .. but not in the rotation.
    Randle's performance in 6 games are proving Randle's not an above 28 minute performer (6 turnover), or dependable crunch-time player .. Gibson & MitchRob tandem should have gotten some minutes tonight vs Boston.
    Dotson or Trier should've got some minute tonight vs Boston tandem PG-Smart & PG-Walker

12th man

10 pts on 4-9 was decent. Did an NBA PG move going behind his back with a step back on one of his 2s that was impressive, I’d say he deserves another look as the starter, DSJ hasn’t looked anywhere as good as Frank looked tonight.
    Frank's 2nd season growth in the NBA should've been the time Frank receive consecutive 30 minute of playing-time on the court.
    The spot-minute of playing-time Fiz been giving to Frank in a isolation lineup last season made me want to be traded to the next team with KP.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    NO!

Kemba 10-26-19...32pts Game 1

Kemba 11-1-19...33pts Game 2

So what was the REAL story behind the start tonight? I guess maybe Knits could've locked up Tatum he had 24pts tonight, because he had only had 15pts the first time we played them. Gotta get us 5 Knits and then we'll be legit contenders

Can't stand our point guard and can't stand our coach. If it wasn't for RJ I wouldn't watch this team
    IF coach would have tandem Frank & Dotson vs Payton & RJ at the start of our scrimmage games in training-camp, and played the tandem guards throughout the preseason games to get on the same-page the results would be better .. the Boston's Kemba & Smart would not be a Knick threat.
    I like our future star rookie RJ .. but hell no! RJ doesn't have the experience this EARLY in the season to be receiving 40 minute of playing-time on the court throughout the first 6 games .. RJ has been taking way to many minute in the guard rotation in every regular and preseason game.
    RJ & Trier
    RJ & DSJ
    RJ & Payton
    Tonight we have .. RJ & Frank

12th man

1-5 record, tied with Sacramento for the worst record in the NBA. We play them tomorrow, must win game, believe it or not the schedule really gets brutal starting with the Sixers game on 11/20. We need to rack up as many wins before then.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by paris401 View Post
    rip-van-dickhead here ... just woke up.... are we in 2019???... seems to be a repeat of 2018/2017/2016.... i'm going to take another nap and wake up in 2020.... maybe to a better record...
    Me too!!! Knicks Tank rolling along and picking up speed

IF coach would have tandem Frank & Dotson vs Payton & RJ at the start of our scrimmage games in training-camp, and played the tandem guards throughout the preseason games to get on the same-page the results would be better .. the Boston's Kemba & Smart would not be a Knick threat.
    I like our future star rookie RJ .. but hell no! RJ doesn't have the experience this EARLY in the season to be receiving 40 minute of playing-time on the court throughout the first 6 games .. RJ has been taking way to many minute in the guard rotation in every regular and preseason game.
    RJ & Trier
    RJ & DSJ
    RJ & Payton
    Tonight we have .. RJ & Frank
    I agree with you 100%. Dotson didn't even get into the game last night. Our BEST all round player isn't playing. WHY?? Well because Perry wants everybody to know he is good at picking a lottery pick. After those disaster of tanking, drafting and FA. He is trying to put a happy face on this team. Look we have a prize rookie in RJ. Really!! When you should have traded back and draft kids like Jaxon Hayes, Eric Paschall and the Walker.

Second time RJ been beat with the game winning shot. Fiz tried to put a good spend on it. Why was he out there??

Saw where Mills had a talk with Frank during practice before the Boston game. I guess Mills said to Frank, I have stuck my neck out for you to start saw please that leave me out there hanging. Decent performance by Frank. I hope he continue to have playing time with good performance. Hopefully the scoring will get better and better. Let cross our fingers Frank Fans.

Veteran

RJ joined a team that won 17 games last year and heís averaging 17+ points on 44% shooting (39% from 3) with over 6 boards, over 3 assists, and 1.5 steals per game. Yeah, heís not really the guy I would critique on this trash team.

Since I switched sides, Iím now realizing how annoying the Ntilikina supporters who just spend all their time tearing down everyone else have become.

Ntilikina and Randle tied for a team worst -5 last night.
    Last edited by htr10; Nov 02, 2019 at 11:46.

RJ was 5 -17(29%) FG. 1 -4(25%) 3's and 4 -6(66%) FT. last night. Playing the team most 39 minutes and taking the most shots along with Morris. Don't see where he raising any hell as a player they say he is.

You forgot last night stat. Just thought I would help.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Raider View Post
    RJ was 5 -17(29%) FG. 1 -4(25%) 3's and 4 -6(66%) FT. last night. Playing the team most 39 minutes and taking the most shots along with Morris. Don't see where he raising any hell as a player they say he is.

You forgot last night stat. Just thought I would help.
    I watched the game last night. You? Maybe, maybe not. Hard to tell when you wait until the next day to say something.

You got a lot of negative things to say about RJ and you love Ntilikina. Not sure what your agenda is here.
    Last edited by htr10; Nov 02, 2019 at 13:49.

12th man

It’s the height of insanity to be praising Ntilikina and suggesting he should be the Knicks starting PG and on the other hand disparaging RJ’s play and potential after 6 NBA games. Ntilikina in 2 plus years hasn’t shown the talent or potential RJ has in 6 games. Also, Frank’s fans always point out he’s 19 and he’s going to get better, that same line of thinking goes double for RJ, he’s got way more upside and I’ll take bets on that.

12th man

It’s the height of insanity to be praising Ntilikina and suggesting he should be the Knicks starting PG and on the other hand disparaging RJ’s play and potential after 6 NBA games. Ntilikina in 2 plus years hasn’t shown the talent or potential RJ has in 6 games. Also, Frank’s fans always point out he’s 19 and he’s going to get better, that same line of thinking goes double for RJ, he’s got way more upside and I’ll take bets on that.
    The problem lies in our PUPPET coach Fizdale .. RJ Barrett's performance has never shown to be a better point than Reddish at Duke.
    Who F ing idea was it to put RJ Barrett as the Knicks starter PG over Payton? Frank? and DSJ in the Knicks first regular season game?
    Rookie RJ Barrett does has lots of athletic skills at being a one on one isolation player, but RJ's growth to become a NBA star player will rely on RJ's team-ball athleticism on both sides of the court. Last night the Boston offensive switches and many picks kept having RJ defending Kemba .. Why would coach Brad Steven keep running double picks n double screens to keep Frank from defending Kemba?

As a Knick fan u are very aware of how Fizdale gave Frank playing-time last season by playing Frank in all 4 quarter of a game, and at the end of the game Frank total 20 minute of playing-time .. those are the type of spot-minute u give to a perimeter shooter like Ellington (or Steve Kerr) for design double screen plays to set up a open jump-shot. You dont give a prime young DEFENSIVE player spot minute in any game. How many games did Fizdale give Frank 30 minute of playing-time last year? When Fiz so call duty were to get the young-core players on the same-page in a lineup, how well did that work out ???

Our PUPPET coach Fizdale's favoritism to RJ & Randle's individual clumsy performance in practically every Knick lineup since the preseason games as if these two players name & performance are the same as super-star players Harden Westbrook Kawhi Lebron AD Draymond or Jokic .. RJ and Randle's above 37 minute performance has a lot to do with the Knicks 1-3 preseason record, and the 1-5 regular season start (total 2-8). Yes they are the reason for the Knicks poor ball-movement on offense, and the lack of effort in team-defense.
    Fizdale are suppose to be building a team-chemistry having a 10 to 12 Man rotation in the Knicks first 20 regular season games.
    Having a 8-Man rotation last night vs Boston when Dotson & Gibson defense were needed for opponent Hayward, Tatum, and Kemba are INSANE coaching !!!

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    RJ joined a team that won 17 games last year and he’s averaging 17+ points on 44% shooting (39% from 3) with over 6 boards, over 3 assists, and 1.5 steals per game. Yeah, he’s not really the guy I would critique on this trash team.

Since I switched sides, I’m now realizing how annoying the Ntilikina supporters who just spend all their time tearing down everyone else have become.

Ntilikina and Randle tied for a team worst -5 last night.
    If you watched the Game closely last night u seen in the Knicks 8-Man rotation that the worst 3 Knick players on the court were Randle, Barrett, and Ellington !!!

Veteran

If you watched the Game closely last night u seen in the Knicks 8-Man rotation that the worst 3 Knick players on the court were Randle, Barrett, and Ellington !!!
    I respect your analysis, Kiya, but weíll have to agree to disagree.

I think Fizdale is asking some of our guys to make plays on offense while other guys are allowed to just hang back. RJ had a nice assist to Ntilikina last night. Thatís supposed to be working the other way around.