Game thread: New York Knicks vs Sacramento Kings 6:00 11/3/2019 [Game #7]

There is this weird thing where a bunch of people are gloating about how bad we are as if the rest of the forum was like ?this is our year!?. Did anyone even predict we were going to win 30 games this season?

tiger0330

Legend
I know it is brutal and we are all down, i don't want to add to the fun, but do anybody think the MRob is over-hyped? the guy do not think at all! he just jumps high! I mean, I like him, but recently when seeing his game i am thinking of what he can do on offence other than waiting for the Ally-Opp? he can't shoot, he can't post up, he is ALWAYS in foul trouble shaking his head !!! what is his ceiling? Javale McGee?
I don?t hear anyone saying MRob is the next Rudy Gobert in the media yet, though he has that potential.

You want to talk about hype look no further than Ntilikina, in the FIBA games, one announcer said ?the Knicks have a special player?.

If the kid was so special he?d seize the opportunity to take the starting PG spot with DSJ and Payton out and the team struggling. Right now Fizdale can?t wait until Payton can play again to send him back to the bench.

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
His percentages are good but that is he only dunk the ball.... So in reality he is missing 3 of the 10 dunks šŸ˜„
No, but for real, he looks like the tall kid in the neighborhood who didn't play basketball ever but they bring him because he is very tall..... Why nobody is training the crap out of him.... He has no post offence at allll.... He has been with the team for full season....

jimkcchief88

All Star
There is this weird thing where a bunch of people are gloating about how bad we are as if the rest of the forum was like ?this is our year!?. Did anyone even predict we were going to win 30 games this season?

No I?m talking about the bill of goods this sorry owner ?management? team tried to sell the fan base. Probably about the same time season tickets went on salešŸ¤£

tiger0330

Legend
Man glad I?m still in football mode how bout them Chiefs...I mean cmon boys let?s be real...who was dumb enough to be excited about this team after we whiffed on every free agent worth a damn? If you are surprised we suck then I have a bridge to sell you in Brooklyn. Mudiay or Drose doesn?t sound so bad playing pg now does it. Hopefully some of our many power forwards play well enough that we can get some trade value back. Knicks tank rolling on picking up speed....done by December as usual:(
You gotta worry about Perry and Mills, letting go of Mudiay to overpay a poor shooting Payton. Also why pick up so many bigs esp a guy like Taj who is too old to really fit a young rebuilding team. If it was me I would have picked up a guy like Seth Curry who could provide shooting and fill a positional need at PG. Seth is the starting PG for the Mavs, starting PG for a 24M/3 yr deal is a nice deal.

Kiyaman

Legend
I know it is brutal and we are all down, i don't want to add to the fun, but do anybody think the MRob is over-hyped? the guy do not think at all! he just jumps high! I mean, I like him, but recently when seeing his game i am thinking of what he can do on offence other than waiting for the Ally-Opp? he can't shoot, he can't post up, he is ALWAYS in foul trouble shaking his head !!! what is his ceiling? Javale McGee?

The Knicks coaching staff has been a LOSERS JOKE in the NBA !!!
Fizdale's SYSTEM is WHACK !!!
We all seen the mature improvement in MitchRob's growth performance game after game when veteran STARTER DeAndre Jordan were added to the Knicks roster last season. DeAndre Jordan would not have turn down the $30M 2 yr contract the Knicks gave to Portis.
Resigning DeAndre Jordan in the offseason would have been a BIG lift for the Knicks team.
Practically all the Knicks 2019-20 big men on the roster performance NEED the insight of a veteran teammate having DeAndre Jordan's experience and game guidance .. MitchRob, Randle, Morris, Knox, Iggy, Portis, and our scoring combo-guard DSJ.

he mite be a $hitty coach, but he's rite with that comment

Dum-Dum response to the comment .. Sprewell choked the coach too! The question were aimed specifically at the Knicks getting blowout at the start of tip-off .. The Knicks opponents (Kings) had a 90-64 lead at the start of the 4th quarter. The Knicks vs Kings 4th quarter were "Garbage-Time" Knick fans were expecting to see for their very first time our other rookie Iggy performance.
RJ Barrett been averaging 40 minutes per game since our first preseason game .. Now all RJ are doing on the court are fulling up his STATS, while having a 1-6 LOSER record when it comes to team ball.
No one want to say it, but I will .. Fizdale has RJ on the course of getting a serious injury before hitting the wall !!!

mafra

Legend
The Knicks have had 14 players this century who have been 21 years old or younger and played 30 minutes or more in an NBA basketball game. Ready for a trip down memory lane? Some of them are pleasant, some not so pleasant. In order of appearance, we have:

Trevor Ariza (2005-06), Nate Robinson (2005-06), The Great Jackie Butler (Dropped 10 points on the Celtics, in a win, in Boston, on April 9, 2006), Wilson Chandler (2008-09), Danilo Gallinari (2009-10), Iman Shumpert (2012), Tim Hardaway Jr (2013-14), a very tall and very fragile Latvian whose name escapes me (2015-17), Frank Ntilikina (2017-19), Emmanuel Mudiay (2018), Mitchell Robinson (2018-19), Kevin Knox (2018-19), Dennis Smith Jr (2019), and, last but not least, RJ Barrett (2019).

Kiyaman

Legend
The Knicks have had 14 players this century who have been 21 years old or younger and played 30 minutes or more in an NBA basketball game. Ready for a trip down memory lane? Some of them are pleasant, some not so pleasant. In order of appearance, we have:

Trevor Ariza (2005-06), Nate Robinson (2005-06), The Great Jackie Butler (Dropped 10 points on the Celtics, in a win, in Boston, on April 9, 2006), Wilson Chandler (2008-09), Danilo Gallinari (2009-10), Iman Shumpert (2012), Tim Hardaway Jr (2013-14), a very tall and very fragile Latvian whose name escapes me (2015-17), Frank Ntilikina (2017-19), Emmanuel Mudiay (2018), Mitchell Robinson (2018-19), Kevin Knox (2018-19), Dennis Smith Jr (2019), and, last but not least, RJ Barrett (2019).

You can count with one hand how many 30 minute games both Frank & MitchRob totally played under Fizdale's coaching.
Fizdale has been clueless on how to develop young players into NBA form.
The two players i mention above haven't received as many 30 min games as RJ Barrett. Why is that ???
Yesterday Blowout .. MitchRob, Knox, Trier, Dotson, and Frank should've recieved 30 minute of playing-time.

paris401

Starter
T

Dum-Dum response to the comment .. Sprewell choked the coach too! The question were aimed specifically at the Knicks getting blowout at the start of tip-off .. The Knicks opponents (Kings) had a 90-64 lead at the start of the 4th quarter. The Knicks vs Kings 4th quarter were "Garbage-Time" Knick fans were expecting to see for their very first time our other rookie Iggy performance.
RJ Barrett been averaging 40 minutes per game since our first preseason game .. Now all RJ are doing on the court are fulling up his STATS, while having a 1-6 LOSER record when it comes to team ball.
No one want to say it, but I will .. Fizdale has RJ on the course of getting a serious injury before hitting the wall !!!

and exactly what does sprell choking the coach have to do with the mins he played??

Dude, I?m questioning my own ability to read English there is such a disconnect between what is being posted and what you are saying in reply.

Dude, the question was about Knick fans looking to rose colored glasses. I answer your question and commented. If there is a disconnect it could be you don't want to look at the Knick truly. You know the game and how it should be played then apply your own knowledge and skills of the game. I asked the question of you 'Did you see any basic fundamental BB being perform by the Knick in the game with Kings'? Maybe you forgot that in the above reply.

Dude, the question was about Knick fans looking to rose colored glasses. I answer your question and commented. If there is a disconnect it could be you don't want to look at the Knick truly. You know the game and how it should be played then apply your own knowledge and skills of the game. I asked the question of you 'Did you see any basic fundamental BB being perform by the Knick in the game with Kings'? Maybe you forgot that in the above reply.

Alright, I?m moving on. I feel like you want me to keep taking a quiz to get to the same endpoint that we all think this team stinks.

Kiyaman

Legend
and exactly what does sprell choking the coach have to do with the mins he played??

I did not want to hear about Spree's successful minute ....
I wanted to hear the reason's why Fizdale put the Knicks starter rookie back into a (Garbage-Time) losing-game the final 6 minute? When the rookie just played 35 minute of a losing game where the Kings took control of the game at tip-off ???

I don't want to hear bout this player was in foul trouble .. fouls come from playing DEFENSE .. I would rather hear bout the players that FOULED OUT going on a 10-0 run to get the Knicks back into the game.
Taking MitchRob out of the Starter lineup vs the Kings weak starter lineup wasn't a bright idea.
In other words switching the starter lineup once or twice before the first 8 games of the season are reasonable when the roster has 8 new teammates. But Fizdale has change the Starter lineup 4 times in 7 games !!!

Alright, Iā€™m moving on. I feel like you want me to keep taking a quiz to get to the same endpoint that we all think this team stinks.

Hey,
Again, sound like you are angry. Quiz?? It about all Knick fans TRYING to understanding each other thinking on a particle subject. I ask you a question to better understand not to cause an argument. That is why I ask a multitude of question so I can try to understand and start a dialog. Maybe if you understand this me 'When Phil and Gaines walk out the door'. To my estimation nothing good has happen to this team outside of Knox and Robinson.

Hey,
Again, sound like you are angry. Quiz?? It about all Knick fans TRYING to understanding each other thinking on a particle subject. I ask you a question to better understand not to cause an argument. That is why I ask a multitude of question so I can try to understand and start a dialog. Maybe if you understand this me 'When Phil and Gaines walk out the door'. To my estimation nothing good has happen to this team outside of Knox and Robinson.

Fair enough. I?m not angry. Just bored with this lousy team.

paris401

Starter
I did not want to hear about Spree's successful minute ....
I wanted to hear the reason's why Fizdale put the Knicks starter rookie back into a (Garbage-Time) losing-game the final 6 minute? When the rookie just played 35 minute of a losing game where the Kings took control of the game at tip-off ???
!

i too dont give a $hit about spree.... but $hit man we have so few 'players' maybe our #1 pick is a 'player' ( the knicks #1 pick actually a player...holy $hit) ... he's 19, he should be able to play 96mins... let him play and show us what (or what he doesn't ) have.... the rook hiitin the wall... B.S..... go back in history... the great ones blast rite thru the wall... what the fuk r we waiting for... who else do we have (maybe mitch...maybe) ... other then these two... who?? ... frank nitti... $hit al capone would have shot him ... knox...next stop for him is the g-league... we have DICK... the greatest city in the world and we have the knicks/jets/giants/mets... lets blame it on trump....