Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    12th man

Quote Originally Posted by donchris View Post
    The record is terrible, but the players have to respond. Scoring has been inconsistent across the board. This is only excusable for Barrett. Randle should be the man right now. He's got to put up 25/10 per night.

I don't think firing coaches every two years is the solution. Especially with a major void of talent. We flat out don't have a floor general, don't have a leading scorer and a team full of solid role players. No coach will get much more out of this team.

The basketball name for David Fizdale are Individual ISO-Fizdale !!!
    When you see no real plays called and basically a pickup street basketball game.. you put that on the coach!
    We are getting blown out by Sacramento & Detroit, that’s a big problem which reflects on the coach.
    The average NBA head coach like Snyder or Brad Steven have decent seasons from drawing-up design scoring plays for at least 4 or more players in their rotation. Sorry, but Fizdale has not wrote one play having 3 or more touches on the ball.
    The Knicks has been running the same offensive-play ISO every game throughout our past 4 head coaches as if we still keep the same assistant head-coach .. whats his name? or Melo's running the offense for 40 minute per game.

Having a player with Knox offensive talent, Fizdale should have wrote-up 4 different design plays for Knox to score on jumpers or slashing throughout his rookie season. There were no plays draw-up for Tim Hardaway perimeter shooting last season, and we have not draw-up one screen play for Ellington perimeter shooting this season.
    The Knicks has 3 outstanding isolation players (Trier, Morris, and RJ) that would be deadly if we screen and pick off their defender before we throw them that ball.
    The one season of Fizdale's stand-still one on one offense has not help one Knick player scoring talent, some say it helped Mudiay.

Randle was never a first, second, or third option on offense on his previous 2 teams .. Randle's best at scoring off of broken plays and getting offensive-rebounds. The Knicks bogus media in the offseason made Randle out to be a NBA high-scorer SMH
    Last edited by Kiyaman; Nov 08, 2019 at 17:42.

“We have patience and we believe in coach and we believe in the group that we put together,” Mills said, with Perry standing next to him. “But we also know, as Scott and I have said a number of times, we need to find a way to have a consistent level of effort and execution."

At 2-8, New York has the worst record in the Eastern Conference and is tied with the Golden State Warriors for worst record in the NBA.

“Obviously Scott and I are not happy with where we are right now,” Mills said. “We think the team’s not performing to the level that we anticipated or expected to perform at.”

“A good friend of mine told me to never overreact to overreactors,” head coach David Fizdale said after the loss. “We’re two games from the eight-seed. The team right now that’s in the eight seed has four wins…We just have to find our consistency and our game so we can start playing better basketball.”

12th man

Golden State is tanking this season if they're going to hold out Steph for the entire season for that broken hand injury to his non-shooting hand. The Knicks are trying to win bringing in 70M dollars of talent that they described as tough gritty players the fans are going to love, that's the difference between the two teams residing in last place in their respective conferences.

Fizdale heard the message loud and clear tonight, turn the ship around or pack your bags, you won't make it to the new year if the team doesn't start winning some games.

Going to be tough for Fizdale because starting with that Sixers game in a couple of weeks the schedule gets brutal.

GSW will be celebrated for tanking.... the narrative will be that it was the responsible move with Klay and Curry hurt. How smart it is to add a lottery talent to reload.

Of course, with KP our last season.... we were blasted for not “going for it” with a roster that couldn’t go for anything but pepto bismo.

——//

"Given that this is our 10th game, we felt like we had an obligation to come and speak to you guys," Mills said. "Obviously, Scott and I are not happy with where we are right now. We think the team's not performing to the level that we anticipated or we expected to perform at and that's something that we think we have to collectively do a better job of delivering the product on the floor that we said we would do at the start of this season.

"We still believe in our coaching staff, we believe in the plan that Scott and I put together and the players that we've assembled. But we also have to acknowledge that we haven't played at the level we expected to play at. We've sort of seen glimpses of how we can play as a team, when everything comes together. But we've got to find a way to play complete games at the level that we expect our team to play at and that's a responsibility that we take collectively. But I also think it's important for us to communicate to our fans that we're not happy where we are right now and we're committed to making this better. But we have to, as a group, come together and be more consistent in terms of how we play."

Mills and Perry said that they believe in Fizdale, their second-year head coach, along with a seal of approval from owner James Dolan.

"Jim still believes in the plan that we put together, but he's passionate as we are about this," Mills said. "So he would want us to have better results on the floor as well, but I think Jim is a fan and believes in what we're doing. But he has the same expectations that we have and this is really about how we feel about what we should be doing, what we should be delivering as a group. We all take responsibility for that."

"We have patience and we believe in coach, and we believe in the group that we put together," Mills added. "But we also know that ... we need to find a way to have a consistent level of effort and execution. It has to pull itself together. It's not good enough, for us to play well enough for two quarters and then play poorly for two other quarters. What we have to do is find a way to play consistent basketball. And we believe in this group and we believe they're capable of doing it and we've just got to find a way to get them there."

Morris said “**** Xs and Os... up to players.”

Sure, that sounds nice. But Xs and Os matter too. When CLE has awful
    Defensive guards, the game plan shouldn’t be running offense through Randle and Portis. Did we post up RJ once?

Fizdale is a great asst coach. Clueless as a HC. He is a cheerleader not a tactician.

Cavs came into MSG, to play the most believed 2-7 team in NYC history, having won 11 consecutive games in NY.... and we respond with this effort?

Fizdale has a 19-73 record as Knicks coach and blamed himself for the 2-8 start this season. He’s in familiar territory after being fired just 19 games into his second season as the Grizzlies coach.

"I take the brunt of that responsibility because I’m the head coach,” Fizdale said. “I make these decisions, what’s happening on the court, what players play, who plays together, what plays we call, the defensive system — that’s on me. So as much as I appreciate that, I own it. That’s just who I am.”

After preaching perspective and patience from the start of last season until Sunday, Fizdale flipped the message.

“I think you have urgency with all rosters. You go out to win every single game. Maybe you don't have the experience or whatever it takes to do it, but again, those are built-in excuses and I'm not banking on those,” Fizdale added. “I can sit here and say, 'Oh, we have 10 new guys and my point guards is out and blah blah blah blah blah.' No. I'm not giving myself that out, I'm not giving my team that out. We're going to keep working at it until we get over the hump. You don't go into Dallas and beat arguably one of the best teams in the NBA, the highest-scoring team in the NBA, the No. 1 offense, and then come back and lay an egg. That's unacceptable and we just gotta fix that."

The heat is on.

— Bondy

Countdown started for Fizdale, if a mircale doesn't happen during the next 10 games we might see the last of him..

For awhile. Perry said, “We’ve been below the line to this point but hopefully this next stretch of 10 games we’ll be above that line and be more consistent.’’
    That sounds like a 10-game ultimatum.

“We’ve got to keep pounding the rock, if you will, until it finally takes over,’’ Perry said.

Or Fizdale could be pounding the pavement.

“I live in that sense of urgency,’’ Fizdale said. “I don’t need anyone to speak to give me a sense of urgency. I’m not cruising through this thing like I got a bunch of time to get a team together. I appreciate them speaking on my behalf and speaking about our team but I live in that.

“The work is being put in but it is not transferring right now. I’ll figure that out.’’
    https://nypost.com/2019/11/11/knicks...david-fizdale/

Veteran

I think if you’re Scott Perry, you’re already on the phone with Mark Jackson.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by rady View Post
    Countdown started for Fizdale, if a mircale doesn't happen during the next 10 games we might see the last of him..

https://nypost.com/2019/11/11/knicks...david-fizdale/
    If you remember what Mills said at the start of the season, they look at how the team is doing in 10 game stretches. Next 10 games may be Fizdale's last if he duplicates the record of his first 10.

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

Does Fiz run pick n rolls at all? I didn't see any screens. The point-forward plan isn't working. Randle should not be bringing up the ball. While I'm not a fan of going through new coaches every few years, the product on the floor is a real problem. A couple of months ago Knicks brought on Mike Miller (their former G-League coach) to the bench. Looks like this could be Fiz's replacement if he doesn't get things going in the next 5 games.

12th man

I mentioned I saw Rebecca Harlowe interview Mike Miller at a half time break during one of the games and he struck me as too mild mannered to be a head coach at this level, Fizdale has way more presence than him. He also sits in the second row denoting his second tier status among the assistants. He's a journeyman coach never having played or coached at the NBA level so despite having success in the GLeague I don't think he's going to get consideration for the job. Smart would be my choice for interim coach with the Knicks deciding in the off season on another head coach.

Veteran

Just read a report online that Dolan is going after Masai Ujiri. This would be a brilliant hire, but how many draft picks would it require to get him from Toronto?

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    I think if you’re Scott Perry, you’re already on the phone with Mark Jackson.
    This is who I wanted all along and then Monty when Horns got fired. There are few out there where a strong staff could be assembled in Thibs-SVG-Shaw-Mchale-VDN-Mitchell-Hollins-Triano. We could even look into SS LL

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    Just read a report online that Dolan is going after Masai Ujiri. This would be a brilliant hire, but how many draft picks would it require to get him from Toronto?
    We should leave that alone it's gonna be too costly and risky. That's why the Wizards couldn't make any hay there