Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 101
  1. #31
    12th man
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    11,129
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    Just read a report online that Dolan is going after Masai Ujiri. This would be a brilliant hire, but how many draft picks would it require to get him from Toronto?
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    We should leave that alone it's gonna be too costly and risky. That's why the Wizards couldn't make any hay there
    You have to at least look into the possibility of getting him. I'd put out feelers to see if he's interested, we can't give him an ownership interest since the Knicks are part of a public corporation but there are rumors that they'll be spun off of the parent company so maybe there is that incentive in the near future. We have the Mavs picks, I'd gladly trade those.

    TLue would be a guy I would look at for the next head coach as well.

  2. #32
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    8,143
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Mills is selling owner James Dolan on a roster constructed to be highly competitive in the Eastern Conference, leaving Fizdale vulnerable to an ouster only weeks into the second season of a four-year contract that league sources say is worth $22 million.

    Days before exiled star Kristaps Porzingis returns to Madison Square Garden with the Dallas Mavericks, Mills delivered the first public salvo on shaping an organizational narrative that the Knicks' struggles aren't born of an overmatched roster, but the lack of a "consistent level of effort and execution."

    Rival coaches and executives see a mismatched Knicks roster slow of foot, without legitimate NBA guard play, but Mills is selling Dolan on a poorly coached team that is underachieving at 2-8 to start the season, league sources said. Around Madison Square Garden and the league, the timing and tone of the news conference was met with considerable surprise and dismay -- and it was considered to be a complete undermining of Fizdale.

    "Everyone is moving to their positions now," a league source close to management and the coaching staff told ESPN. "This is how they'll make (Fizdale) the fall guy."

    Mills has presided over the arrivals and departures of five Knicks coaches. His overall record as team president is 165-337, including 48-126 since taking the job over from Phil Jackson in 2017.

    As an organization, the Knicks could have survived missing out on Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving in July free agency -- but the trading of Porzingis to the Mavericks for role players and two first-round picks looms far more devastating to the franchise's future. Porzingis asked for a trade in February after management was unable to correct a rift with him --- or convince him of a path toward competency in the Eastern Conference.

    Fizdale chose the Knicks over several other offers in 2018 -- including Atlanta, Charlotte and Phoenix -- under the assumption that he'd eventually coach Porzingis. Fizdale accepted responsibility for the team's struggles in his own postgame news conference Sunday night.

    ————

    Mills is so bad.... if it costs Knox and a couple picks to get Majri.... I’ll trade anything to get rid of Mills.

  3. #33
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    8,143
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    By bringing in Ujiri, Isola reports the Knicks would hope to put themselves in play for Giannis Antetokounmpo when his contract expires after the 2020-21 season. Ujiri has long-standing ties to the Antetokounmpo family, helping them emigrate from Nigeria to Greece.

    Ujiri is under contract with the Raptors through 2021, and Toronto’s ownership group would presumably pull out all the stops to retain his services. For his part, Ujiri has not wavered from wanting to remain north of the border and compete for more championships.

    “For me it's always been about Toronto,” Ujiri said at his season-ending press conference. “I love it here. My family loves it here. My wife loves it here, which is important. My kids are Canadian. I want to win more... in my mind, I'm here."

  4. #34
    12th man
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    11,129
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    By bringing in Ujiri, Isola reports the Knicks would hope to put themselves in play for Giannis Antetokounmpo when his contract expires after the 2020-21 season. Ujiri has long-standing ties to the Antetokounmpo family, helping them emigrate from Nigeria to Greece.

    Ujiri is under contract with the Raptors through 2021, and Toronto’s ownership group would presumably pull out all the stop5 to retain his services. For his part, Ujiri has not wavered from wanting to remain north of the border and compete for more championships.

    “For me it's always been about Toronto,” Ujiri said at his season-ending press conference. “I love it here. My family loves it here. My wife loves it here, which is important. My kids are Canadian. I want to win more... in my mind, I'm here."

    I worked in Toronto for 6 months coming home on weekends and the people and life style are dramatically different than in NY. I could see why he'd want to stay in Canada, he's had success up there, is making more money than he's ever dreamt of making, not sure if Dolan could make him any financial offer short of giving him a substantial ownership in the team that he would consider but Dolan has to give it a second shot. Remember it was reported that after they fired Phil that there was interest in Ujiri, that was before the Raps won their championship so maybe that affects his thinking about leaving the Raps.

  5. #35
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5,212
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    You have to at least look into the possibility of getting him. I'd put out feelers to see if he's interested, we can't give him an ownership interest since the Knicks are part of a public corporation but there are rumors that they'll be spun off of the parent company so maybe there is that incentive in the near future. We have the Mavs picks, I'd gladly trade those.

    TLue would be a guy I would look at for the next head coach as well.
    Agree although he wouldn't be my first choice, I'd ask him to come aboard as an assistant as a lie in wait coach

    The Wizards wanted to start with a salary north of $10mil/yr and share in the franchise and whatever compensation the Raptors would ask for. He didn't even flinch

    If he became available then it would become a bidding war across the league, suitors would line up everywhere even outside of basketball driving his price up beyond recognition. This is an absolute NO for me unless he contacts us and says "Give Me The Knicks Job"

    The Greek Freak rumors ENOUGH guys! Can this franchise every cease to stop chasing stars prematurely...UHHHHHGGGGG!

    This has been a turnoff for yrs

  6. #36
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5,212
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    Mills is selling owner James Dolan on a roster constructed to be highly competitive in the Eastern Conference, leaving Fizdale vulnerable to an ouster only weeks into the second season of a four-year contract that league sources say is worth $22 million.

    Days before exiled star Kristaps Porzingis returns to Madison Square Garden with the Dallas Mavericks, Mills delivered the first public salvo on shaping an organizational narrative that the Knicks' struggles aren't born of an overmatched roster, but the lack of a "consistent level of effort and execution."

    Rival coaches and executives see a mismatched Knicks roster slow of foot, without legitimate NBA guard play, but Mills is selling Dolan on a poorly coached team that is underachieving at 2-8 to start the season, league sources said. Around Madison Square Garden and the league, the timing and tone of the news conference was met with considerable surprise and dismay -- and it was considered to be a complete undermining of Fizdale.

    "Everyone is moving to their positions now," a league source close to management and the coaching staff told ESPN. "This is how they'll make (Fizdale) the fall guy."

    Mills has presided over the arrivals and departures of five Knicks coaches. His overall record as team president is 165-337, including 48-126 since taking the job over from Phil Jackson in 2017.

    As an organization, the Knicks could have survived missing out on Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving in July free agency -- but the trading of Porzingis to the Mavericks for role players and two first-round picks looms far more devastating to the franchise's future. Porzingis asked for a trade in February after management was unable to correct a rift with him --- or convince him of a path toward competency in the Eastern Conference.

    Fizdale chose the Knicks over several other offers in 2018 -- including Atlanta, Charlotte and Phoenix -- under the assumption that he'd eventually coach Porzingis. Fizdale accepted responsibility for the team's struggles in his own postgame news conference Sunday night.

    ————

    Mills is so bad.... if it costs Knox and a couple picks to get Majri.... I’ll trade anything to get rid of Mills.

    He's DONE, he won't make it and now the players know it. There's one month of basketball before they can be traded or rumors of who we may be interested in. What a way to essentially put a nail in the coffin on the season after only 10gms

  7. #37
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5,212
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    We're too late, Dolan will likely bring him home...(SIGH!)


  8. #38
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    8,143
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Mills has presided over more than 500 games as either GM or team president.... the Knicks are 200 games below .500 under his watch. He needs to go.... pronto!

  9. #39
    12th man
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    11,129
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    Mills has presided over more than 500 games as either GM or team president.... the Knicks are 200 games below .500 under his watch. He needs to go.... pronto!
    Mills is bball version of a Teflon Don, managing to always hang on despite seeming incompetence. I think Dolan has seen enough, it started with the Hardaway signing, Ron Baker and now JRandle it seems is another in a long line of overpaid stiffs. Perry may deserve a little more rope but Mills has a long track record of mediocrity and that entire front office is in dire need of reorganization with a new president at the top replacing Mills.

  10. #40
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    8,143
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Stephen A Smith defending Fiz today.... Mills and Perry throwing him under the bus. He likes Mills and Perry as people but he blasted their actions yesterday. Said he can’t do that unless you fired Fiz.

    He was adamant we should’ve hired Mark Jax instead of Fiz, bc MJ is a NYer...

    If Mills and Perry expected more from this roster then they should be fired bc this is worst roster in NBA, all new guys, and most not under contract beyond beyond 2020.... As if any free agent is coming to this mess.

    If it weren’t for Mills.... KP doesn’t demand a trade. He wanted out bc he didn’t believe in the front office!

    SAS said they should give Mills a drug test for issuing that statement.

  11. #41
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    8,143
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    FYI... analytics driven front offices views season in 10 game chunks....

    Fizdale is done. Only question is.... does Mills survive? Perry?

    Bring in Mark Jax now... I trust him to coach up our kids.

  12. #42
    12th man
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    11,129
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Why the love for MJ other than he was a former Knick I'm not sure. He's had numerous opportunities to be hired as a head coach and come up short in his interviews so I'd ask why. A valid reason for a guy to be turned down is the reason TLue didn't get the Lakers job because he wanted a bigger deal than the Lakers were willing to give but if it's for reasons like he's not a leader, he did not work hard enough, maybe MJ shouldn't get the job.

  13. #43
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    8,143
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    MJax has respect of NYK fans and he was there at the beginning of the GSW run....

    Not sure what other options....

    I do believe we need to hire a replacement for Mills/Perry, to run the b-ball operations... and that person should make the HC hire.

  14. #44
    Member Dark Raider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    114
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Let's be smart about things. Nobody is going to resurrect this team now as it stand. There has to something done to the roster. Like...
    1. Bench and Trade RJ. That Right.. RJ. While his hype stock is high trade him to Miami for Issac. Then reinstall Dotson in at the SG alone side of Frank.
    2. Randle has to go because he doesn't play well with Morris. It to bad N.O. want take him back b/c I would like to get both Hayes and Walker. Not sure who would need him but he would be gone if it me as Pres. or GM. I got just maybe G.S. might trade the kid Paschall for Randle.
    3. Trade DSJ to Nuggets. This is more for his own good than the Knicks. The fan base is after blood and he is easy pray right now. Denver have Porter Jr. on the bench. Yes, I'm going somewhere with these trade.

    I have envision a line-up comprise of Robinson - C
    Knox - PF
    Issac - SF
    Dotson or Porter Jr. - SG
    Frank - PG

    BENCH: Morris
    Hayes
    Walker
    Trier ---Maybe
    Paschall
    Now how about a base coaching staff of Sean Silas(Paul Silas son), A. Dantley(School crossing guard) should be easy to sign, K. Garnett(Big man Coach). I change from Akeem O' to Garnett feeling it would be easier sign. Maybe Woodson if he would be interested.

    Of course, the front office is man by Phil and Gaines. Conference final in two years.


  15. #45
    Member Dark Raider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    114
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Let not forget the muffling of Fiz by the front office this past summer after F.A. There was something wrong then and Fiz wasn't on board with whatever was decided. Being force to play RJ knowing what happen last year by not using Dotson 3 or 5 game during the start of the season. Look at what Dotson did last night. Dotson is a much better player than RJ. When do we have the luxury of not playing the best player. Maybe Fiz didn't like all of those odd pieces(players) that was sign by the front office.

Similar Threads

  1. The Fizdale hire revisited
    By tiger0330 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Nov 13, 2018, 17:16
  2. 2010 Playoff Watch thread
    By Toons in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: Apr 04, 2011, 12:43
  3. Official fire Herb Williams thread
    By NYK 33 TaVe in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: Mar 01, 2010, 00:56
  4. Official Playoff Watch Thread
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Mar 11, 2007, 14:08

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •