Game thread: New York Knicks @ Detroit Pistons 7:00 11/6/2019 [Game #8]

mafra

Legend
Knicks are consistent... they don?t disappoint. They?re off and running and in full devoted tank mode. Less than 10 games in season, NY announcing they are a force to be reckoned with come ping pong time.

Mills knows nothing about b-ball talent. He makes Dolan money, I guess, so Dolan is letting him play pretend as our GM.

Perry is an idiot and that was evident when he brought to NYK all his failed draft busts... as if anything has changed.

Name 1 player Fiz developed and made better his entire NBA career? I would love to see a stat about our offensive possessions following a timeout. I bet we score 1/10 times.

We have RJ, and a bunch of future depth guys (Knox, Mitch). We need 4 starters.... I can?t see this team being even 40-win competitive for 2 more years.

Only salvation may come in this supposed MsG sell off. Can somebody make Dolan an offer he can?t refuse?

DAL will beat us by 50, like they did a few years ago. I hope KP scores 100. Only way Dolan makes moves is when fans rebel and rebellion foments India the streets.... time to roar like Lions and demand change.... or else sit back and enjoy the lottery in 2019, 2020, and 2021.

Broadway

All Star
What more does anyone need to see from Fizdale, Mills, and Perry?

Dolan, act like they are a fan that told you to sold the team and ban them for life.

Fizdale admitting to DA MEDIA he has no clue who to play with who and he?s throwing out combinations to see what sticks is frightening yet something we already knew

tiger0330

Legend
Knicks are consistent... they don’t disappoint. They’re off and running and in full devoted tank mode. Less than 10 games in season, NY announcing they are a force to be reckoned with come ping pong time.

Mills knows nothing about b-ball talent. He makes Dolan money, I guess, so Dolan is letting him play pretend as our GM.

Perry is an idiot and that was evident when he brought to NYK all his failed draft busts... as if anything has changed.

Name 1 player Fiz developed and made better his entire NBA career? I would love to see a stat about our offensive possessions following a timeout. I bet we score 1/10 times.

We have RJ, and a bunch of future depth guys (Knox, Mitch). We need 4 starters.... I can’t see this team being even 40-win competitive for 2 more years.

Only salvation may come in this supposed MsG sell off. Can somebody make Dolan an offer he can’t refuse?

DAL will beat us by 50, like they did a few years ago. I hope KP scores 100. Only way Dolan makes moves is when fans rebel and rebellion foments India the streets.... time to roar like Lions and demand change.... or else sit back and enjoy the lottery in 2019, 2020, and 2021.
Now you know why Perry never became a GM before he was 50, we could have used the length of Kornet against Drum tonight instead of the undersized hardly athletic bigs we have and Mudiay might actually have helped as well. I would have kept Vonleh over Taj, how does a 35 yr old fit here. Htr10 said, Knicks fans spending their dough on this team enables these bums to keep their jobs.

I said we could be 2-8 after the first 10 and we’re on track for that. We have a little break in the schedule but starting with that Sixers game in a couple of weeks the schedule really gets rough. Dec. 15 is the date we can start trading the new guys, and the boys will have played about 28 games, anyone want to guess what our record is then.

Kiyaman

Legend
Whose man is Tony Snell, he's 6-6 from downtown with 24 pts. Pistons destroyed the Knicks in the 4th now making it a rout with 4 mins left. Fiz throws in the towel and subs in Dot and Iggy. Pathetic performance after that embarrassment against the Kings.

The Mavs are going to destroy us Friday, I'd expect KP is going to be featured with Doncic deferring to him esp with MRob out under the concussion protocol.

The past 2 years, Snell was the hustle-Man off the bench for the Bucks .. Snell lit us up tonight for 24 pts on 100% shooting.
Tonight the Knicks 2nd-unit would've been strong to snatch the lead if it were Trier/Dotson/Knox/Gibson/Portis ..

Well tonight Fizdale showed us again how flawed his coaching-system are in a NBA game.
Tonight, the Knicks change of starter lineup looked good in the beginning .. Frank, RJ, Morris, Randle, MitchRob ..
I still have a better starter lineup, and a better plan than Fiz .. Frank, Dotson, Morris, Gibson, MitchRob, and 6th mand RJ Barrett .. At the start of every game i would have the guards focus on scoring inside with the help of our big-men to get opponents in early foul trouble in the first quarter .. Celtics and Spurs do it with all their flops in the first quarter lmao.
MitchRob out under the concussion protocol does not look good for the team, and our front-office for not giving DeAndre Jordan an extension.
Fiz doesn't have the knowledge, experience, and wisdom to play a 10 or 11 Man Rotation.
Does Fizdale coach to any of our Knicks players strong areas? yes and no! Individual Isolation players Yes! Team-ball players No! Defensive-players No!
Fiz has no strategic-strategy in his blood to relate to players on how to take the lead in a game, plus no strategy on holding a lead throughout one quarter of a game SMH
Unfortunately, I have watch all the games of coach Fizdale's Knicks record .. 18 wins and 72 LOSSES

mafra

Legend
The Knicks didn?t defend much otherwise, particularly in transition. They couldn?t hold down a Pistons team without their top two point guards in Reggie Jackson and Derrick Rose, and their star power forward Blake Griffin.

?????-

Let?s stop the narrative that we were undermanned bc we were without Payton and DSJ. They stink too. DET was without legit NBA talent, and they still ran us off the court.

Well, they did more than that... they knocked us out, literally... and with the beef between MM & Mitch, going back to last season, I find it hard to believe that was an inadvertent elbow. A savvy vet move... and we got punked and took it lying on our stomach.

You can win a lot of games first 2 months of season just with conditioning and by effort on the defensive side of the court.

We were sold a lie.... that with our depth, Fiz would be able to foster environment where people battled for minutes or would sit.... we were gonna press full court and defend with vigor. If a player relented, the horn would buzz and fresh legs coming in.

Team has basically quite. And it?s only the first month! Fiz ain?t holding anybody accountable.

It?s bad enough we have to watch this hot doggy pile of crap 74 more times this season, but I will stop watching them altogether this season if I see a couple more defensive efforts like what we?ve watched last 2 games.

Disclaimer, I wouldn?t watch tonight bc of what they did on Sunday. Didn?t even try....

I know we lack talent and won?t win many games. I?m fine with that as long as I see guys busting it.... dripping in sweet.... flying around the floor.

Who are these bums they feel they can go thru motions?

I?ll tune in Friday, bc I want to see us stuck it to KP, Cuban and the Mavs. I won?t be excited or encouraged by a close, hard fought loss.... but they will earn more of my viewing time by competing.... however, if DAL embarrass us... I will be following NYK rest of season via box score, here, and other sites; and will spend my viewing time watching Doncic and KP.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
WOW! On Friday will KP score 50 pts, grab 15 rbs, and block 5 shots?
No! Because Dolan will begNbid $$$ to Cuban to put KP on the injured list for that game.

Will Tim Hardaway Jr. score 32 pts Friday ???

tiger0330

Legend
Doncic with 55/22/19?
The game plan is going to play PnR with Porzingis with MRob out Friday and let him try to get a career night against his old team. The Mavs are going to run us out of the building Friday, might be over by halftime with them having a 20 plus pt lead at the half.

mafra

Legend
KP had 10 points (4-14). Jonathon Isaiah are him up...

onathan Isaac just missed a monster 5x5 line during a 107-106 loss to the Mavs on Wednesday, scoring 13 points with 10 rebounds, five assists, four steals, six blocks and one 3-pointer in 32 minutes.

tiger0330

Legend
KP had 10 points (4-14). Jonathon Isaiah are him up...

onathan Isaac just missed a monster 5x5 line during a 107-106 loss to the Mavs on Wednesday, scoring 13 points with 10 rebounds, five assists, four steals, six blocks and one 3-pointer in 32 minutes.
The Magic are long with Vuc, Isaac and Bamba, we are not with MRob out. It hasn't been announced yet but I expect him to miss the game under the concussion protocol. You know KP wants to kill us and I expect him to do well against our undersized front court.

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
we were playing fine the first 2 and half quarters...... it is crazy how we crumble in all our games at the end..... is it fatigue? sometimes the team run a perfect defense which leads to a good game, then for some reason they stop! they just stop??!! and boy does Randal know anything about playing Defense.... what is wrong with him, someone here said he looks like inspector Gadget, and that was painfully true!!!

jimkcchief88

All Star
Damn I can feel the disgust for this team already dripping from these game threads. Glad I can?t/won?t watch. Htr10 is right that we fans are part of the problem supporting this sorry franchise with our $$$$. We change anything when the coffers are full of dough??? Dolan running this team as a business. Who cares about the product on the court when the games are sold out and the concession stands are printing $$$$? This is why(Broadway) I was always against tanking because once you start down the tank road it?s hard to stop. We blew the Knits pick and got fleeced in the KP trade so now here we are. Forget about any decent free agents because in the end good NBA players are after rings as well as $$$. So much for team washed up power forwards and 3rd string point guards. What a dumbass idea🤣🤣. Just watching highlights of Greg Anthony?s son Cole drop 34 for UNC. Time to start talking draft position and college prospects and it ain?t even December yet. Um um um:(

paris401

Starter
Have to give Taj Gibson credit. He sat for 3 games and comes off the bench ready to go tonight. No crying to the media from him like some other guy whose name sort of rhymes with Penis Manturd.

i hear ya...BUT.... this LOAD is makin 9m... so he sits quiet until his number is called - i wouldn't call is professionalism.... i'd call it just 'smart'...