Game thread: New York Knicks vs Charlotte Hornets 7:30 11/16/2019 [Game #13]

Broadway

All Star
STANK FRANK got shook on that last play drew up by Perego for Graham. We've been told over and over how great of D he has and when he's not in he could've been the difference in securing a win for us

He MELTED on the last play and if not for the usual clumsy play from Randle going into an offensive onslaught the game would've been over before hand

Back Breaking Loss!

tiger0330

Legend
Graham hits a dagger 3 that gives the Hornets the 103-102 win, a heart breaker. Randle missed the 15 ft step back try to win it. The old saying bad teams find a way to lose, the Knicks are bad. PG is a position that needs to be addressed badly.

Kiyaman

Legend
Randle is horrible. Bad loss. Knicks had this game. At home against a team that played last night and had played 3 out of the last 4 nights.
We keep finding new ways to lose.
Charlotte Hornets gets a game winning three two nights in a row. They earned this one. We didn't deserve it.
Right now we don?t have a coach. Yes the players like him but he had no system and his rotations and lineups are bad.
Playing Morris and Randle together are basically just an ISO show, that even the weakest defensive teams could stop their ISO scoring. They will hit some shots but it will also lead to plenty of turnovers and horrible possessions.
RJ had the hot hand and of course Randle and Morris stopped looking for him.
Dolan .. Get to FIRING Fizdale on Monday mourning !!!

tiger0330

Legend
That's 2 games that the opposing PG has single handedly torched us with huge 3 pt shooting performances, not saying it's all Ntilikina's fault but isn't he supposed to be the lock down defender that's going to win games even if he can't shoot.

tiger0330

Legend
Randle is horrible. Bad loss. Knicks had this game. At home against a team that played last night and had played 3 out of the last 4 nights.
We keep finding new ways to lose.
Charlotte Hornets gets a game winning three two nights in a row. They earned this one. We didn't deserve it.
Right now we don’t have a coach. Yes the players like him but he had no system and his rotations and lineups are bad.
Playing Morris and Randle together are basically just an ISO show, that even the weakest defensive teams could stop their ISO scoring. They will hit some shots but it will also lead to plenty of turnovers and horrible possessions.
RJ had the hot hand and of course Randle and Morris stopped looking for him.
Dolan .. Get to FIRING Fizdale on Monday mourning !!!
Agree 100pct. I posted the Knicks stats in the fire Fizdale thread. Bottom of the barrel stats including the record.

Broadway

All Star
That's 2 games that the opposing PG has single handedly torched us with huge 3 pt shooting performances, not saying it's all Ntilikina's fault but isn't he supposed to be the lock down defender that's going to win games even if he can't shoot.

Yep and keep in mind there's no one really to blame other than him and coach. DSJ has been MIA and below subpar and he's starting getting all the minutes. He completely turns his back on a play where if his man beats him and gets in the paint to convert it's a 2 and not 3

I don't care if he recovered, if he plays straight up with solid principles, maybe Graham doesn't even get the rock and they have to go to their 2nd and 3rd options. Oh and while Graham is having a solid season(undrafted mind you not lottery caliber) he's no world beater by any stretch. If we can't find a solution for the likes of him, we're screwed.

Rozier and Graham just off pts alone outscored Knits/DSJ/Dotson/RJ

45pts to 34pts

SAD, SAD, SAD, SAD!

Broadway

All Star
Alan Hahn doing his best apologizing but this is just awful defense by Knits :boohoo:

I will say Robinson probably should've stepped up immediately to contest, maybe his ankle was still tweaking but he needed to step out hard and make Graham drive

Kiyaman

Legend
STANK FRANK got shook on that last play drew up by Perego for Graham. We've been told over and over how great of D he has and when he's not in he could've been the difference in securing a win for us

He MELTED on the last play and if not for the usual clumsy play from Randle going into an offensive onslaught the game would've been over before hand

Back Breaking Loss!

From day 1 .. we should have been giving Frank & Dotson tandem playing-time to develop a defensive pattern to stop all the Curry/Harden/Lillard/and Kyrie 3-ball shooters in the league.
The coach has not put our best STOPPER players in a lineup in 13 games ..
Frank Dotson Morris Gibson and MitchRob.
The Knicks are gonna keep LOSING having BUST Randle on the court at crunch-time !!!

Broadway

All Star
From day 1 .. we should have been giving Frank & Dotson tandem playing-time to develop a defensive pattern to stop all the Curry/Harden/Lillard/and Kyrie 3-ball shooters in the league.
The coach has not put our best STOPPER players in a lineup in 13 games ..
Frank Dotson Morris Gibson and MitchRob.
The Knicks are gonna keep LOSING having BUST Randle on the court at crunch-time !!!

So from Day 1 we should have given Knits the keys but we should've made RJ EARN his way onto the court...GOTCHA!

Kiyaman

Legend
So from Day 1 we should have given Knits the keys but we should've made RJ EARN his way onto the court...GOTCHA!

I'm happy for RJ's rookie talent but .. you haven't been watching the rest of the 2019 draft class have you ???

P.S. Frank is not the reason we lost. He played a good game. We were up 15 and he went out of the game then the lead evaporated !!!

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
Alan Hahn doing his best apologizing but this is just awful defense by Knits :boohoo:

I will say Robinson probably should've stepped up immediately to contest, maybe his ankle was still tweaking but he needed to step out hard and make Graham drive

Frank might have challenged the shot but the bottom line is Graham just set a Hornet record for most 3s in a game and a personal best of 9 in a game. Great defenders or defensive teams don't allow guys to set records like Coby and Graham did.

mafra

Legend
Let?s flip the script... instead of a blowout loss (and in 4 home games NYK trailed by 29,18,32,30).... hey, this time, let?s squander a 15 point lead to another talent-challenged dreg, who is playing the second night of a back to back.

On a side note: what an incredible play design from FIZ on that last possession. Putting Randle in that position was just genius. It made so much sense to pull the hot RJ for the ice cold Ellington, who hadn?t played a minute up until that point. What a decoy, for I?m sure the defense felt ball was going to Wayne.

Same old Knicks. We only do humiliation we?ll.

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
Frank might have challenged the shot but the bottom line is Graham just set a Hornet record for most 3s in a game and a personal best of 9 in a game. Great defenders or defensive teams don't allow guys to set records like Coby and Graham did.
My bad, the Knicks did not allow Graham to set the CHA club record for most 3s in a game, that record belongs to Kemba with 10. It was a personal record for Graham.

Nits said after the game that because Graham was hot they expected him to take the shot, yet they still couldn’t stop him.

NOT sure why Fiz took RJ out on the final play.

Not sure why Frank is suppose to defend 2 players on Hornets game winning shot. Ball is inbound to PJ and nobody is close to him but Frank...BUT THAT NOT HIS MAN!!! That was MRob man but he was defending the basket. So Frank is trying to contest PJ and worry about Graham, huh??

Not sure why Fiz didn't try to make another hero out of someone else besides Randle. I would have put the ball in Dotson or Frank hands. How about a lop to the basket for MRob?

tiger0330

Legend
NOT sure why Fiz took RJ out on the final play.

Not sure why Frank is suppose to defend 2 players on Hornets game winning shot. Ball is inbound to PJ and nobody is close to him but Frank...BUT THAT NOT HIS MAN!!! That was MRob man but he was defending the basket. So Frank is trying to contest PJ and worry about Graham, huh??

Not sure why Fiz didn't try to make another hero out of someone else besides Randle. I would have put the ball in Dotson or Frank hands. How about a lop to the basket for MRob?
Look at the NBA.com highlights. Graham was Ntilikina's man, Nits is guarding him when Graham comes running down the court but then unwisely decides to switch to Washington when Graham gets a step on him. Graham gets the ball and Nits sees Graham is going to be wide open unless he makes a last second challenge, Nits was looking for help when Graham got the step on him but should have stayed in man coverage since he knew DG was the hot hand.

tiger0330

Legend
Daily Knicks gave Frank a D for his game last night, reiterating what I said above, that if you can't shoot you have to win games with your defense.
[FONT=&quot]
The Frenchman?s defense was good the entire game, but when that?s all you have, this aspect must be great. Although he wasn?t matched up with Graham, Ntilikina is the man for defense on the team, and Graham had already hit eight baskets from outside. Ntiikina should have been all over him every inch of the floor.[/FONT]

mafra

Legend
Nits guesses wrong and went wrong direction, Graham saw it and slashed other way... created all the space he needed.... MRob was too deep in paint too....

Typical NYK. Sux rooting for worst team in NBA. Can?t even beat CHA at home with 15 point lead.

Look at the NBA.com highlights. Graham was Ntilikina's man, Nits is guarding him when Graham comes running down the court but then unwisely decides to switch to Washington when Graham gets a step on him. Graham gets the ball and Nits sees Graham is going to be wide open unless he makes a last second challenge, Nits was looking for help when Graham got the step on him but should have stayed in man coverage since he knew DG was the hot hand.

I look at he that play about last about 5 times running it back and forward. Then I look at it this morning for 3 or 4 times and stop and started the play. Could not see where Graham was before the ball was inbound to PJ. From how it look like Graham was in the back court so that is why Frank went to PJ.

Now I ask you where was MRob on the play? Was he on his man? Was Frank closer to his man than him? Graham never got a step on Frank so not sure where that came from. What was Frank to do if there was no one on PJ? Now if MRob was coming to the 3 pt line like he should have because Frank switch to defend PJ from dribbling or passing the ball. MRob could have block Graham shot.

Now you go back and look at it and tell me what you see.

tiger0330

Legend
I look at he that play about last about 5 times running it back and forward. Then I look at it this morning for 3 or 4 times and stop and started the play. Could not see where Graham was before the ball was inbound to PJ. From how it look like Graham was in the back court so that is why Frank went to PJ.

Now I ask you where was MRob on the play? Was he on his man? Was Frank closer to his man than him? Graham never got a step on Frank so not sure where that came from. What was Frank to do if there was no one on PJ? Now if MRob was coming to the 3 pt line like he should have because Frank switch to defend PJ from dribbling or passing the ball. MRob could have block Graham shot.

Now you go back and look at it and tell me what you see.
My opinion is the same as the guy from the Daily Knicks, Graham was his man when the play started and "Ntiikina should have been all over him every inch of the floor."

Nits admitted himself that he could have done a better job and that they knew Graham was most likely going to take the shot because he was the hot shooter. It was one play, we should be just as concerned about the other 8 3s he made for his career night.