Game thread: New York Knicks vs Cleveland Cavaliers 7:00 11/18/2019 [Game #14]

Kiyaman

Legend
WOW! The Knicks scored 64 points in the first half .. Half-Time score 64-51 Knicks
Randle's playing the best game i ever seen him play, his shots are dropping plus only 1 turnover in the half.
I hope he keeps it up in the 2nd half of the game when we need 2nd half winning players for the win.

Kiyaman

Legend
Randle not bringin the ball up tonight .. less dribbling .. more post and spot ups ....23 points!!
Frank scoring and passing .. team is under Frank control tonight.

Doncic just put up 17 points, 4 boards, and 4 assists in the 1st quarter. Better players than KP are going to want to play with him going forward. I wonder if Dallas can create the cap space or swing a trade to make it happen by the start of next season.

Nice win tonight. You?d think we were making progress if we hadn?t blown that last game. Instead, you have to stay skeptical. Will this team come out and win another one next time or is this another fluke win for this team?

tiger0330

Legend
Nice win tonight. You’d think we were making progress if we hadn’t blown that last game. Instead, you have to stay skeptical. Will this team come out and win another one next time or is this another fluke win for this team?
Co-sign you have to be skeptical, KLove and Nance not playing, and they were coming off a back to back. Cavs are not very good and they know they're rebuilding. We win 5 of the next 10 maybe we can talk about this team finally gelling and being pretty good.

mafra

Legend
Nice win tonight. You?d think we were making progress if we hadn?t blown that last game. Instead, you have to stay skeptical. Will this team come out and win another one next time or is this another fluke win for this team?

Yes, show me something against PHI.

We have enough professional talent to be competitive most nights, and to be at least 50/50 against teams under .500...

They played well 5/6 road games to starts season... we have no go-to guy, so we should expect many games we fallShort in 4th...

But, now that we are nearing 15 game mark... gelling should occur... roles set....

They have to bring effort and protect ball.

With that said, I still see 27 wins as max... but that?s Ok.... just finish with more wins than Nets and this was a good season.

Broadway

All Star
Yes, show me something against PHI.

We have enough professional talent to be competitive most nights, and to be at least 50/50 against teams under .500...

They played well 5/6 road games to starts season... we have no go-to guy, so we should expect many games we fallShort in 4th...

But, now that we are nearing 15 game mark... gelling should occur... roles set....

They have to bring effort and protect ball.

With that said, I still see 27 wins as max... but that?s Ok.... just finish with more wins than Nets and this was a good season.

The schedule is about to get really tough, I still doubt Fiz makes it past 20gms

mafra

Legend
The schedule is about to get really tough, I still doubt Fiz makes it past 20gms

I do think they came out tonight with the mindset they were gonna lose; just like in those 2 games vs the Mavs. CLE just humiliated them, in a wire to wire waxing... Cavs has won something like 12 straight at MSG. So they came out tonight and played with purpose and determination. They played as a team.

But CLE isn?t a good team, and DAL is a bad matchup for them bc they lack interior presence and we have a bunch of bigs.

But, we all know they can only show up about 10 times a season and play like this. They?ll go back to hero ball, and make their stupid mistakes soon enough.

mafra

Legend
14 games into his career, RJ Barrett, teenager, has, in different games, scored 25 points, grabbed 15 rebounds, dished nine assists and gakked six steals. He leads the team in offensive fouls drawn and free throws attempted and is second in steals. Yet he won?t be old enough to drink until the Knicks are a couple weeks away from being spurned by Giannis Antetokounmpo in free agency. What a time to be alive.

The ?Who?s Leg Does Damyean Dotson Gotta Hump To Get Some Minutes Around Here?? traveling circus put on another crowd-pleasing show. Has Dot convinced the organization of his value? After playing 18+ minutes only once in the first 11 games, last night was the third consecutive game he?s done so. He hit half his shots, and they weren?t all jumpers.

tiger0330

Legend
I do think they came out tonight with the mindset they were gonna lose; just like in those 2 games vs the Mavs. CLE just humiliated them, in a wire to wire waxing... Cavs has won something like 12 straight at MSG. So they came out tonight and played with purpose and determination. They played as a team.

But CLE isn’t a good team, and DAL is a bad matchup for them bc they lack interior presence and we have a bunch of bigs.

But, we all know they can only show up about 10 times a season and play like this. They’ll go back to hero ball, and make their stupid mistakes soon enough.

Kenny Atkinson said something about the Nets that applies to the Knicks in spades. Said a below average team is going to be inconsistent, trouncing CLE and getting trounced by the same is the very definition of inconsistent

14 games into his career, RJ Barrett, teenager, has, in different games, scored 25 points, grabbed 15 rebounds, dished nine assists and gakked six steals. He leads the team in offensive fouls drawn and free throws attempted and is second in steals. Yet he won’t be old enough to drink until the Knicks are a couple weeks away from being spurned by Giannis Antetokounmpo in free agency. What a time to be alive.

The “Who’s Leg Does Damyean Dotson Gotta Hump To Get Some Minutes Around Here?” traveling circus put on another crowd-pleasing show. Has Dot convinced the organization of his value? After playing 18+ minutes only once in the first 11 games, last night was the third consecutive game he’s done so. He hit half his shots, and they weren’t all jumpers.

RJ In each of those different games we have lost, huh. There are a series of question you never answer about Super Man RJ.
1. When did he win the starting SG job from Dotson?
2. When did he do any kind of shooting like the kids White, Walker, Graham, etc? a string of 3's put together?
3. Why wasn't he kept at PG? If he is the all fired great player.
a. Couldn't win the SF starting position so they put him in at the one position that the player holding it was hurt(surgery on his shoulder).
4. Why isn't he defending the best guard on the opposing team?
5. Why is Frank covering for him in defense lapse? That Right!! Frank is guarding his man because he loses them.
6. Why doesn't a #3 overall pick move the needle of this team? Frank is the only player moving the needle of this team.

Fiz had the same situation last year by not playing Dotson in the beginning of the year. He was doing the same thing. Dotson, plain and simple is the best all around player on this team, PERIOD. The next is Frank. In both years Dotson has had to prove his value to the team by 'EARNING MINUTES'. Nobody has give Dotson a thing... Can you say the same about RJ. This team runs a lot better with Frank and Dotson at the guard position. There are no defensive lapse as with RJ on the floor.
Questions - Where does RJ fit into that all-around player discussion?
When did RJ ever have to 'EARN MINUTES'?

The only reason RJ is starting and playing is because the front office got to try show something good out of their mistakes in F.A and the Draft. RJ is an average player draft in a low talented draft. MOVE THE NEEDLE!!!

Sell that horse and pony show to someone that don't know BB.

mafra

Legend
RJ, as a teenager who was billed as a kid who couldn?t shoot, is 17-46 (37%) from downtown....

D-Dot, as a 25 yr-old who is billed as a budding superstar by some on these boards, is shooting 7-24 (29%) from downtown.

RJ is better now... I can?t imagine how much better he?ll be when he?s 25.

I like both RJ and Dotson. I can see them playing complimentary roles to each other going forward. The problem is going to be that the Knicks are probably not going to resign Dotson at the end of the year if he does anything this season to give himself value in free agency.

mafra

Legend
I like Dotson too. I wish he would morph into Kawhi. He played 4 years at HOU, and this is his third NBA season.

29% from downtown is disappointing. This should be season he breaks out.

I just want the same standard to be applied to all.

We fans don?t see what?s happening in practice. Maybe RJ is eating his lunch, for all we know.

I do agree that we should be playing DD heavy minutes, so we can determine what we have moving forward.... Especially before (or if) Bullock returns.

But, please, let?s not get carried away. DD ceiling is much lower than RJ?s... and RJ is 6 years younger and already looks like the better player, at least to about 95% of those employed to know these things.