Game thread: New York Knicks vs Cleveland Cavaliers 7:00 11/18/2019 [Game #14]

Kiyaman

Legend
How did the Knicks bench-players performance look to you last night .. DSJ? Dotson? Knox? Portis? MitchRob? Ellington?
In the final 6 minute of the game the Knicks held a 102 -80 lead over the Cavs .. should Fiz had given those 6 minutes to a bench lineup to get on the same-page ??? DSJ & Dotson & Knox & Portis & MitchRob .... The more we put DSJ Dotson Knox Portis and MitchRob on the court together in a lineup the less they look like "Project-Players" !!!

mafra

Legend
Frank Ntilikina will not be getting unseated as the Knicks? starting point guard any time soon.

Not only has the 21-year-old been playing well in nine straight starts since getting his shot, but the starter he replaced is still not close to returning to action.

Elfrid Payton was re-evaluated Tuesday and an ultrasound showed his hamstring strain has not fully healed. He will be re-evaluated in 10 days, the team said, knocking him out at least four more games on top of the 10 straight he has already missed.

I like Dotson too. I wish he would morph into Kawhi. He played 4 years at HOU, and this is his third NBA season.

29% from downtown is disappointing. This should be season he breaks out.

I just want the same standard to be applied to all.

We fans don’t see what’s happening in practice. Maybe RJ is eating his lunch, for all we know.

I do agree that we should be playing DD heavy minutes, so we can determine what we have moving forward.... Especially before (or if) Bullock returns.

But, please, let’s not get carried away. DD ceiling is much lower than RJ’s... and RJ is 6 years younger and already looks like the better player, at least to about 95% of those employed to know these things.

Finally answer the question about how RJ got the starting SG job. MAYBE it was given to him like I been saying all along. Eating Dotson lunch... not happening if for no other reason RJ can't play defense on Dotson. Dotson would 'D' RJ up. Can't handle the ball... proven by his inability to play PG. Dotson can play the PG.

Why don't you see RJ morph into Kawhi? Because it ain't happening!!

Dotson had should surgery in the off season and it is starting to come around. So his shooting % isn't what it going to be right now. It take a minute.

Why are you for RJ playing over 35 minutes a game? Shouldn't the same reason apply when it come to him? Dotson is earning minutes base on his over all performance. He is cutting into the so-call super rookie minutes. Maybe you heard those during the play by play saying how impress they were with Dotson over-all play. Dotson hasn't gotten out played by anyone playing the SG position....ANYONE.

Who said Dotson ceiling is much lower than RJ? RJ has shown nothing close to talent that Dotson process. On a drive to basket the other night should have shown what talent has been sitting on the bench. RJ doesn't process those kinda moves.

I agree with you about the 95% or higher employed. They are getting paid to say or do whatever the higher up say. That the same 95% that used a #3 pick in a very weak talented draft to draft RJ. They have to prop him and place him on a pedal and talk about how good he is as a rookie. We were in a situation where over-all talent was needed for the Knicks. Was one player in the top 3 move the needle for this team? Answer - NO!! Most smart and knowledge BB people would have trade back(ATL - two 1st picks) and drafted kids like Jaxon Hayes, Eric Paschall, Walker, PJ Washington and other.

mafra

Legend
Hey DD... send me an autograph ball! I?m rooting for you Dotson... but clanking 3s and missing wide open finger rolls is par for the course. And you?re turning 26 soon.

As for trading back, hindsight is 20/20.
NYK can?t draft, so we would?ve gotten 2 busts.

But, we shall track this and revisit in 5-6 years. We shall see.

When Dotson missed the finger roll something said you would say something about it. Think he had to pick up his dribble and was too far out. Did you see the move to the basket? Too bad our #3 draft doesn't have that kind of ability. I'm also rooting for Dotson.

In the case of last year draft. Again anybody that knows when you have a low talent class being drafted and you have one of the high pick and your team need a lot of talent. You trade back... it that simple. Now unless one of those top pick move the needle greatly then you draft them. That wasn't the case in this past year draft. We were not a team that needed one missing piece to the puzzle(Bullets/ Wes Unseld). When you promise your fan base that you are going to sign 2 superstars and they don't sign. Then that draft pick shoulder a lot of problems. Now you got to bill him as this great pick. Someone that is way ahead of all the other rookie. HE GOT AN NBA BODY, REALLY!! HE WISE BEYOND HIS YEARS!! His shoulder aren't that big to carry what I have to dish out.
We drafted pretty good when Phil/Gaines was running the show. They knew talent!!! Mills/Perry/C. Robinson don't have any idea about drafting talent. Got a Question... You said(I'm quoting you) "NYK can't draft". So what makes you think we didn't draft a BUST?? Those players I mention have just as good a chance of being a Good player as RJ. Hype and a weak draft got him drafted that high.

You wait 5-6 years. The thought of you being wrong about RJ hasn't come into head.