home.png
i
i
i
i
i

Injury Report

New York KnicksPhiladelphia 76ers
Elfrid Payton - Strained right hamstring (OUT)Jonah Bolden - G-League Assignment (NWT)
Reggie Bullock - Cervical disc herniation (OUT)Norvel Pelle - G-League Assignment (NWT)
RJ Barrett - Sprained left thumb (PROB)Marial Shayok - G-League Assignment (NWT)
-Zhaire Smith - G-League Assignment (NWT)

Game Preview

After playing nine of their first 13 games on the road, the Philadelphia 76ers will now reap the benefits of being at home for 13 of the next 18 starting with a visit from the New York Knicks on Wednesday.

The Sixers won just four of the nine road games, though they finished a brief three-game trip with a 114-95 victory over the Cleveland Cavaliers on Sunday.

Philadelphia is a perfect 4-0 at home.

"How can that not be fantastic?" Sixers head coach Brett Brown said of having a chunk of home games on the horizon. "In Philadelphia, there is a uniqueness about that building and the fans."

Sixers point guard Ben Simmons had 10 points and 11 assists in the win at Cleveland, but the All-Star has been hesitant to shoot, as evidenced by not attempting a 3-pointer all season. In fact, Simmons has taken just two shots all season from 16 feet or beyond.

"But, you know, that is him," center Joel Embiid told Inquirer.com of Simmons' lack of shooting. "He is comfortable playing certain ways. For us to win, we are going to need him to shoot. But, you know, I am fine with him playing his game, not forcing anything. But hopefully, at some point, I am sure he is going to pick it up."

Forward Tobias Harris has picked up his game since suffering through a recent 0-for-23 slump from beyond the 3-point arc. Harris led the Sixers with 27 points and knocked down 12 of 14 shots in the win over the Cavaliers.

The Knicks, meanwhile, have been mired in controversy since rumors started floating about the status of head coach David Fizdale's job.

New York has won only four of 14 games and has gone 1-6 on the road.

On Monday, the Knicks played a rare stellar game from the opening tip to the final buzzer in a 123-105 victory over the Cavaliers. Julius Randle scored 30 points while Marcus Morris added 23 and RJ Barrett had 15.

Amazingly, no member of the Knicks has reached double figures in assists this season.

The Knicks had to be encouraged with Randle's effort as he scored 23 of the 30 points in the first half and showed flashes of why he had been considered a standout player when he entered the league.

"You got to see what he looked like when he's locked in," Fizdale said.

Randle committed just one turnover against Cleveland and appears to be improving at a rate the Knicks expected when they signed him.

"They're loading up on me and I'm attacking it a little different than I did in the past," Randle told the New York Post.

"I played with different players like AD (Anthony Davis). We had so many pieces out there. We have pieces here, too, but I'm saying it was different. I've played in LA where I was a key, so I got to continue to work and figure it out and find my spots this year because the defense is working on me more than in the past."

The Knicks also had 54 points in the paint against Cleveland, but the challenge will be much more difficult against Philadelphia with Embiid and Al Horford.

(Field Level Media / cbssports.com)

tiger0330

Legend
Thanks for the game thread Rady. Rubber meets the road during the next 10, it's a tough schedule and may define the season, need to win at least 4 of them to denote some progress and show the team is coming together.

The Sixers squad does look tough, Embiid, Horford, Simmons, Richardson, Harris surprised they don't have a better record.

mafra

Legend
Methinks tonight is a beginning of something... Beginning of end for Fiz or beginning of a turnaround for this season?s team. Or, perhaps just another game and that?s indiGestion I?m feeling.

Kiyaman

Legend
These bull calls on Embiid is getting Gibson & MitchRob in foul trouble to enhance Philly winning situation .. nice coaching Brad

DSJ has been playing better lately, but is his explosiveness completely gone? This guy was a dynamic high flying dunker a season ago. Now, not so much.

mafra

Legend
Knicks had a good 1st Q. Down 27-25. They were aggressive but didn?t get any calls, as evident with their 1 FT.

Would?ve been tied but they didn?t call foul on Embiid when he landed on DSJ (after blocking his shot).

Pet peeve of mine, when they allow rejections to stand.... if defender leaves feet, blocks shot cleanly, but lands on shooter... that?s a foul. Just like driver is called for a charge if he bangs into defender after the pass.

Dotson clanks another 3....

Kiyaman

Legend
Knicks had a good 1st Q. Down 27-25. They were aggressive but didn’t get any calls, as evident with their 1 FT.

Would’ve been tied but they didn’t call foul on Embiid when he landed on DSJ (after blocking his shot).

Pet peeve of mine, when they allow rejections to stand.... if defender leaves feet, blocks shot cleanly, but lands on shooter... that’s a foul. Just like driver is called for a charge if he bangs into defender after the pass.

Dotson clanks another 3....

Yep .. that was a foul on Embiid .. the refs got the game fix for Embiid from tip-off !!!
Dotson's talent now belong in the starter lineup next to Frank .. not the front-office rookie RJ Barrett !!!

I have no pity for Embiid because he pulls the same kind of crap with opposing players, but Morris definitely just pulled his ass down to the floor.

Kind of a dumb sequence for us. Flagrant on Morris gives Sixers 1 FT and the ball back on a play where they also just hit a shot. Chance for a 6 or 7 point play for them. Dumb.

Sixers just went from being down 5 to up by 1 on essentially one trip down the floor. Hope Morris got his jollies on that stupid play.

mafra

Legend
Sixers just went from being down 5 to up by 1 on essentially one trip down the floor. Hope Morris got his jollies on that stupid play.

Refs fault for allowing so much contact.... we had 1 FT up until near end of half. Embiid jumped on DSJ and no foul was call. Morris was just giving payback.

Kiyaman

Legend
Kind of a dumb sequence for us. Flagrant on Morris gives Sixers 1 FT and the ball back on a play where they also just hit a shot. Chance for a 6 or 7 point play for them. Dumb.

C'mon the refs were calling EVERYTHING Embiid's way throughout the first half
Plus Embiid knock DSJ head off