Game-Thread Brooklyn in the House !!!

Broadway

All Star
Fizdale lamented the amount of ?touch fouls?? he?s seeing and said the difference in the game was the ?foul discrepancy.? On Sunday, the Nets shot 34 free throws to the Knicks? 16. The Knicks were called for 29 fouls to the Nets? 16.

Homecourt advantage isn?t what it was once.

?You?re going to touch a guy,?? said Robinson, who scored six points and had three rebounds. ?Did I aggressively touch him or did I tap? I just think it?s because we have New York across our chest.??

To hear coaches complain and lobby about reffing in the media is low budget, it solves nothing, never has never will.

Bad teams will always complain about reffing along with their fans. I look forward to the day we are so good we don't even realize this game is being governed by them.

In Robinson's case he really has done himself no favors by being a fouling machine his entire career. This reputation is following him, he's gotta learn how to play defense without fouling so much to be given more benefit of the doubt.

mafra

Legend
To hear coaches complain and lobby about reffing in the media is low budget, it solves nothing, never has never will.

Bad teams will always complain about reffing along with their fans. I look forward to the day we are so good we don't even realize this game is being governed by them.

In Robinson's case he really has done himself no favors by being a fouling machine his entire career. This reputation is following him, he's gotta learn how to play defense without fouling so much to be given more benefit of the doubt.

I hear that, and if Nits knicks down the trey then game is tied and we might win in spite of...

Still, in a 1 possession game late, ignoring an obvious goaltend and a quick technical was costly and bush league.

Broadway

All Star
I hear that, and if Nits knicks down the trey then game is tied and we might win in spite of...

Still, in a 1 possession game late, ignoring an obvious goaltend and a quick technical was costly and bush league.

The same can be said of games we win, although far, few, and in-between. One of the main reasons I can't stand the ref talk cuhz it's truly a cover of hurt for bad teams. Like even when a team happens to be a good refs rarely if ever get praised so why is it only one-sided? Like get over the butt hurt of losing and who cares if it was against the Nets, like really who cares there's nothing going on with these two teams right now and hasn't been for some time. It's sports it's always your team>>>>>>the field...a rivalry only exist and matters when teams are truly good

We're in the Top 15 in FTA/gm currently ranked 13th so we're getting calls. Some of the ambiguous stuff like goaltends, out of bounds plays, traveling, carrying, technicals...those are always going to be iffy at best. Guess what though. we're the worst FT% in the league at 67% and we're so bad we're like 5% worst than the next worst team. We're also 1-3 in games decided by 3pts or less. How about making some free throws!

We're almost dead last in Ast/gm ranked 28th. We're almost dead last in FG% offense ranked 28th. I bet you have no idea who is #1 and this team is a Top 3 offense overall. So if you're bad in terms of Win-Losses at least be good in certain areas of the game. We're a middling team in FG% defense and Top 10 team 3pt FG% defense ranked 9th. This is why Fizdale will get blamed a lot, BE GOOD AT SOMETHING SIGNIFICANT, ANYTHING!!!

Refs are the least of our issues, they've had almost zero impact on our season. And I'm quite certain a call or two was missed well before the game was in balance going against the Nets it's just of no concern to us in the moment if ever

One last thing nothing has changed, stop playing games, especially at home where 1 possession decides a win or loss. I've said this repeatedly even if we had a star. Like I hated the phrase by fans of "yeah we need to have a guy who can get us clutch buckets to close out games, that go to go player"....uhmmmm yeah would be nice to have such player but how about having a guy who's so good we aren't heavily relying on his positive clutch results

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
Sexton/White/Dinwiddie/Graham/Mills/Murray/Snell

Tell me which one of these players are All-Star/ALL-NBA caliber? We are falling for the ole banana in the tailpipe. We were told if we played Stank our defensive woes would rapidly disappear and looks like we're trying to have it both ways as it's being sold every which way

I've watched too much basketball for too long to fall for any of this crap. Wait until he gets to the "really talented guards"

And u should've learned all the top guards in the NBA has a great tandem guard in their back-court lineup.
Harden has Westbrook .. Curry has Klay .. Lillard has McCollum .. Lou has Bev .. Wall has Beal .. DLo had Dinwiddle etc etc.

Why has Fizdale denied giving Frank & Dotson a chance to click together in a lineup?
Do u think the front-office has a lot to do with it?
Fizdale has put a million different lineup on the court in the past two season, but in two season Fizdale has refuse to tandem the two 3rd season Knick guards Frank & Dotson to become the Knicks main back-court guards running the offense.
DSJ best game this season were when DSJ & Dotson were pulled off the bench and tandem in a lineup to be the back-court guards.
DSJ & Dotson did so well, that the next game Fizdale pulled DSJ & Ellington off the bench to run the back-court .. WHY?

Kiyaman

Legend
Having RJ out with injury, and the Nets top 2 scorers out with injury, wasn't this the game to see how well Frank & Dotson click together as tandem-guards in a lineup? Were Fizdale afraid of Dotson performance alongside Frank would have convince Knick fans Dotson belong in the starter lineup instead of rookie RJ Barrett?
Its been two season of Fizdale's million lineup changes, and not once has Fizdale gave the two 3rd season guards Frank & Dotson the chance to get on the same-page by being in the same-lineup to run the offense as back-court guards. WHY?
Fizdale putting Knox in the starter lineup were asking for the Injury-Nets to take a 11 pt lead in the first qtr. that the Knicks (DSJ Dotson Ellington Portis MitchRob) 2nd unit lineup had to come in to give the Knicks a 1 pt lead early in the 2nd qtr., which Fizdale hurried up and substituted the starters back into the lineup so the Nets could take the lead again.
The Knicks front office has to have plans on being the first team to start trading players this season, and Dotson has to be one of the players they have plans on trading !!!

Last edited:
Fizdale can play any selection of any of our favorite players on the current roster and this would still be a 60 loss team.

Broadway

All Star
And u should've learned all the top guards in the NBA has a great tandem guard in their back-court lineup.
Harden has Westbrook .. Curry has Klay .. Lillard has McCollum .. Lou has Bev .. Wall has Beal .. DLo had Dinwiddle etc etc.

Why has Fizdale denied giving Frank & Dotson a chance to click together in a lineup?
Do u think the front-office has a lot to do with it?
Fizdale has put a million different lineup on the court in the past two season, but in two season Fizdale has refuse to tandem the two 3rd season Knick guards Frank & Dotson to become the Knicks main back-court guards running the offense.
DSJ best game this season were when DSJ & Dotson were pulled off the bench and tandem in a lineup to be the back-court guards.
DSJ & Dotson did so well, that the next game Fizdale pulled DSJ & Ellington off the bench to run the back-court .. WHY?

STANK and Dotson will never be a great tandem...mark my word, NEVER!

Who wants to see that crap anyway, the only thing I'll agree with is Fiz not sticking to a solid rotation but the past several games appears msg has been sent for him to do so. RJ is our best guard thus he should start...it's up to his backcourt mate to get their up to speed and be a complement to him

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me...don't be the latter

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
Fizdale can play any selection of any of our favorite players on the current roster and this would still be a 60 loss team.

I agree, although I'd say maybe under 50 loss team if we had a better coach. I'm all for moving a couple bodies first to make things more clear.

Kiyaman

Legend
STANK and Dotson will never be a great tandem...make my word, NEVER!

Who wants to see that crap anyway, the only thing I'll agree with is Fiz not sticking to a solid rotation but the past several games appears msg has been sent for him to do so. RJ is our best guard thus he should start...it's up to his backcourt mate to get their up to speed and be a complement to him

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me...don't be the latter

So u agree with Fizdale's ISO-system, Randle's ISO-plays, crazy-changing lineups, different rotation, losing-games after shooting 50% from 3-ball line, Etc.,Etc. ???

And u or I don't know what could have happen if Frank & Dotson were giving 5 to 10 games at being the Knicks tandem back-court guards.
Plus RJ is far from being the Knicks best guard or SF !!!

Last edited:
Imagine if Richard Jefferson played for the Knicks?

The former Net from 2001-08 joked that he knew his time in the NBA would be over if New York were to express interest.

Jefferson retired after the 2017-18 season with the Denver Nuggets, but sarcastically said on the YES Network broadcast of Sunday's game at Madison Square Garden in New York between the Knicks and Brooklyn Nets that the former gave him a call before he decided to end his 17-year career.

"I refused to play for the Knicks," Jefferson said with fewer than 12 minutes left in the second quarter as the Nets led the Knicks 29-25. "Like, Jason Kidd and Kenyon Martin -- they don't really care. Me, I was the one person that said, 'Knicks? No, I'll retire.' That's why I retired. They were the one team that offered me a job. I decided to retire."

Kidd (2001-08) and Martin (2000-04) were known for their successes with the New Jersey Nets and later played for the Knicks, but Jefferson would not do the same.

"It's true," Jefferson said. "I decided to retire instead of play for the Knicks. It was true."

Knicks released a statement more or less calling Richard Jefferson a liar.

Jefferson has responded by trying to spin things and say that it was all a joke. Now he?s joking about a 2020 comeback. Kind of making himself look like a tool.

mafra

Legend
What a tool indeed. A liar! Best part was, Nets went to back to back titles and all Nyers cares about was how bad KNicks were.

mafra

Legend
Gibson, the former Bulls stalwart on Tom Thibodeau?s playoff teams, suggested because there?s no true stars on the club, the Knicks? success depends on little things. And they apparently are not doing those. The basic fundamentals of free-throw shooting has been horrific. The Knicks are shooting a league-worst 67.1 percent ? 9 of 16 from the line versus the Nets.

?We got to pay attention to details of the game,?? Gibson said. ?That?s what being a professional is. Not just going out and playing the game. You?re a professional and have to understand the do?s and don?ts. Understand strong points every team?s capabilities and its weaknesses, learn to hide [our] weaknesses and build. That?s what good teams do in this league, continue to grow and things can happen.?

Asked if the Knicks have not hid their weaknesses, Gibson said, ?It?s up and down. It tends to happen to a young team. Young guys figuring out where they fit in and new guys figuring out where they can be effective. We?re always one or two plays off. It?s always the fourth quarter late. We have to execute better.?

Kiyaman

Legend
Gibson, the former Bulls stalwart on Tom Thibodeau?s playoff teams, suggested because there?s no true stars on the club, the Knicks? success depends on little things. And they apparently are not doing those. The basic fundamentals of free-throw shooting has been horrific. The Knicks are shooting a league-worst 67.1 percent ? 9 of 16 from the line versus the Nets.

?We got to pay attention to details of the game,?? Gibson said. ?That?s what being a professional is. Not just going out and playing the game. You?re a professional and have to understand the do?s and don?ts. Understand strong points every team?s capabilities and its weaknesses, learn to hide [our] weaknesses and build. That?s what good teams do in this league, continue to grow and things can happen.?

Asked if the Knicks have not hid their weaknesses, Gibson said, ?It?s up and down. It tends to happen to a young team. Young guys figuring out where they fit in and new guys figuring out where they can be effective. We?re always one or two plays off. It?s always the fourth quarter late. We have to execute better.?

If Taj Gibson were the most minute played player by the Knicks this season we probably have close to a winning record .. Gibson's 2-Way performance, skill-set, consistency, attitude, and team-ball leadership in every game was all good.
Gibson's comment above has been the best logical coaching stand-point i heard all season bout the Knick's performance.
Fizdale has to go he lacks to much ..
The Knicks foolish Front-Office gave $54M contract to Randle, and a $18M contract to playoff experience Taj Gibson ....
And Randle are the Knicks most minute played player so far in the 2019-20 season (4-13).
When the season started ....
Under the the right winning head-coach we would have started the season like this ....
STARTERS : MitchRob as 5, Gibson as 4, Morris as 3, Dotson as 2, Frank as 1.
2ND Unit : Portis as 5, Randle as 4, Knox as 3, RJ as 2, DSJ as 1.