Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 54 of 54
  1. #46
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    7,547
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Fizdale can play any selection of any of our favorite players on the current roster and this would still be a 60 loss team.

  2. #47
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5,304
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiyaman View Post
    And u should've learned all the top guards in the NBA has a great tandem guard in their back-court lineup.
    Harden has Westbrook .. Curry has Klay .. Lillard has McCollum .. Lou has Bev .. Wall has Beal .. DLo had Dinwiddle etc etc.

    Why has Fizdale denied giving Frank & Dotson a chance to click together in a lineup?
    Do u think the front-office has a lot to do with it?
    Fizdale has put a million different lineup on the court in the past two season, but in two season Fizdale has refuse to tandem the two 3rd season Knick guards Frank & Dotson to become the Knicks main back-court guards running the offense.
    DSJ best game this season were when DSJ & Dotson were pulled off the bench and tandem in a lineup to be the back-court guards.
    DSJ & Dotson did so well, that the next game Fizdale pulled DSJ & Ellington off the bench to run the back-court .. WHY?

    STANK and Dotson will never be a great tandem...mark my word, NEVER!

    Who wants to see that crap anyway, the only thing I'll agree with is Fiz not sticking to a solid rotation but the past several games appears msg has been sent for him to do so. RJ is our best guard thus he should start...it's up to his backcourt mate to get their up to speed and be a complement to him

    Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me...don't be the latter
    Last edited by Broadway; Nov 25, 2019 at 18:59.

  3. #48
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5,304
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    Fizdale can play any selection of any of our favorite players on the current roster and this would still be a 60 loss team.
    I agree, although I'd say maybe under 50 loss team if we had a better coach. I'm all for moving a couple bodies first to make things more clear.

  4. #49
    12th man
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,332
    Rep Power
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    STANK and Dotson will never be a great tandem...make my word, NEVER!

    Who wants to see that crap anyway, the only thing I'll agree with is Fiz not sticking to a solid rotation but the past several games appears msg has been sent for him to do so. RJ is our best guard thus he should start...it's up to his backcourt mate to get their up to speed and be a complement to him

    Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me...don't be the latter
    So u agree with Fizdale's ISO-system, Randle's ISO-plays, crazy-changing lineups, different rotation, losing-games after shooting 50% from 3-ball line, Etc.,Etc. ???

    And u or I don't know what could have happen if Frank & Dotson were giving 5 to 10 games at being the Knicks tandem back-court guards.
    Plus RJ is far from being the Knicks best guard or SF !!!
    Last edited by Kiyaman; Nov 25, 2019 at 16:55.

  5. #50
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    7,547
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    Imagine if Richard Jefferson played for the Knicks?

    The former Net from 2001-08 joked that he knew his time in the NBA would be over if New York were to express interest.

    Jefferson retired after the 2017-18 season with the Denver Nuggets, but sarcastically said on the YES Network broadcast of Sunday's game at Madison Square Garden in New York between the Knicks and Brooklyn Nets that the former gave him a call before he decided to end his 17-year career.

    "I refused to play for the Knicks," Jefferson said with fewer than 12 minutes left in the second quarter as the Nets led the Knicks 29-25. "Like, Jason Kidd and Kenyon Martin -- they don't really care. Me, I was the one person that said, 'Knicks? No, I'll retire.' That's why I retired. They were the one team that offered me a job. I decided to retire."

    Kidd (2001-08) and Martin (2000-04) were known for their successes with the New Jersey Nets and later played for the Knicks, but Jefferson would not do the same.

    "It's true," Jefferson said. "I decided to retire instead of play for the Knicks. It was true."
    Knicks released a statement more or less calling Richard Jefferson a liar.

    Jefferson has responded by trying to spin things and say that it was all a joke. Now he’s joking about a 2020 comeback. Kind of making himself look like a tool.

  6. #51
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    8,894
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    What a tool indeed. A liar! Best part was, Nets went to back to back titles and all Nyers cares about was how bad KNicks were.

  7. #52
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5,304
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    What a tool indeed. A liar! Best part was, Nets went to back to back titles and all Nyers cares about was how bad KNicks were.
    This dude has never been likeable

  8. #53
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    8,894
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    Gibson, the former Bulls stalwart on Tom Thibodeau’s playoff teams, suggested because there’s no true stars on the club, the Knicks’ success depends on little things. And they apparently are not doing those. The basic fundamentals of free-throw shooting has been horrific. The Knicks are shooting a league-worst 67.1 percent — 9 of 16 from the line versus the Nets.

    “We got to pay attention to details of the game,’’ Gibson said. “That’s what being a professional is. Not just going out and playing the game. You’re a professional and have to understand the do’s and don’ts. Understand strong points every team’s capabilities and its weaknesses, learn to hide [our] weaknesses and build. That’s what good teams do in this league, continue to grow and things can happen.”

    Asked if the Knicks have not hid their weaknesses, Gibson said, “It’s up and down. It tends to happen to a young team. Young guys figuring out where they fit in and new guys figuring out where they can be effective. We’re always one or two plays off. It’s always the fourth quarter late. We have to execute better.”

  9. #54
    12th man
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,332
    Rep Power
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    Gibson, the former Bulls stalwart on Tom Thibodeau’s playoff teams, suggested because there’s no true stars on the club, the Knicks’ success depends on little things. And they apparently are not doing those. The basic fundamentals of free-throw shooting has been horrific. The Knicks are shooting a league-worst 67.1 percent — 9 of 16 from the line versus the Nets.

    “We got to pay attention to details of the game,’’ Gibson said. “That’s what being a professional is. Not just going out and playing the game. You’re a professional and have to understand the do’s and don’ts. Understand strong points every team’s capabilities and its weaknesses, learn to hide [our] weaknesses and build. That’s what good teams do in this league, continue to grow and things can happen.”

    Asked if the Knicks have not hid their weaknesses, Gibson said, “It’s up and down. It tends to happen to a young team. Young guys figuring out where they fit in and new guys figuring out where they can be effective. We’re always one or two plays off. It’s always the fourth quarter late. We have to execute better.”

    If Taj Gibson were the most minute played player by the Knicks this season we probably have close to a winning record .. Gibson's 2-Way performance, skill-set, consistency, attitude, and team-ball leadership in every game was all good.
    Gibson's comment above has been the best logical coaching stand-point i heard all season bout the Knick's performance.
    Fizdale has to go he lacks to much ..
    The Knicks foolish Front-Office gave $54M contract to Randle, and a $18M contract to playoff experience Taj Gibson ....
    And Randle are the Knicks most minute played player so far in the 2019-20 season (4-13).
    When the season started ....
    Under the the right winning head-coach we would have started the season like this ....
    STARTERS : MitchRob as 5, Gibson as 4, Morris as 3, Dotson as 2, Frank as 1.
    2ND Unit : Portis as 5, Randle as 4, Knox as 3, RJ as 2, DSJ as 1.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 56
    Last Post: Oct 26, 2019, 15:46
  2. Replies: 75
    Last Post: Oct 29, 2017, 17:17
  3. Replies: 30
    Last Post: Oct 09, 2017, 16:03
  4. Replies: 38
    Last Post: Oct 05, 2017, 14:47
  5. Replies: 21
    Last Post: Feb 02, 2017, 12:39

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •