Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    12th man
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,227
    Rep Power
    30

    Nyk Logo GAME-THREAD Knicks vs Toronto Raptors

    Knicks took a 29-21 first Qtr. lead

  2. #2
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    8,661
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    I get out of work.... NY up like 11.... then TOR goes off on a 22-2 run. How nice.

  3. #3
    12th man
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,227
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Raptors took the lead at Half-Time .. 58 - 46

  4. #4
    12th man
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,227
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Gasol's 29 foot jumper for a 81- 57 Raptors lead put the icying on the cake in this game having 3 min remaining in the 3rd quarter,

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    7,452
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Unwatchable. With this loss, we’re on pace for a 18 win and 64 loss season. How the front office and Fizdale continue to keep their jobs is incomprehensible.

  6. #6
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    8,661
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Even the family members of these players
    Can’t watch this team. Utter trash. I can’t imagine Fiz, Perry, Mills surviving this season.

  7. #7
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    8,661
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    TOR now 33-0 vs DIV opponents. NBA record. How NY could play so we’ll in the first q then so shifty rest of game is perplexing... bench was awful and blew lead...

    Feel bad for anybody who watched this.... 12-41 from downtown with 18 turnovers is awful. Siakum better than KP and much better than anything we have.

    TOR was 21-41 from downtown. A +27 advantage from behind the arc.

  8. #8
    12th man
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    11,557
    Rep Power
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    Even the family members of these players
    Can’t watch this team. Utter trash. I can’t imagine Fiz, Perry, Mills surviving this season.
    Saved myself the agony anticipating a loss. Perry and Mills may survive until the end of the season because front office guys don't get canned until the off season but Fizdale won't, Mills and Perry are going to sell Dolan that a coaching change is needed because Fizdale is under achieving with the roster. Can't argue with the numbers, 30th in offensive rating, 23rd in defensive rating, 30th in net rating, 26th in pace, 29th in true shooting percentage, 29th in effective field goal percentage, 27th in assist rate, 23rd in 3-point attempt rate, and 25th in opponent effective field goal percentage.

    His firing will probably happen at the next blowout at MSG when the boo birds come out in droves.

  9. #9
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    8,661
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Yes, after back to back blowout losses at home in Fri and Sun, to PHI and BOS... NYK will be 4-16.... and since the front office looks at the season in 10 game chunks... I would expect to hear about Fiz getting canned on Monday.

    Mills and Perry know they are going down with this ship, so they will be desperate to make it appear there is growth with these young kids.

  10. #10
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5,302
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    Saved myself the agony anticipating a loss. Perry and Mills may survive until the end of the season because front office guys don't get canned until the off season but Fizdale won't, Mills and Perry are going to sell Dolan that a coaching change is needed because Fizdale is under achieving with the roster. Can't argue with the numbers, 30th in offensive rating, 23rd in defensive rating, 30th in net rating, 26th in pace, 29th in true shooting percentage, 29th in effective field goal percentage, 27th in assist rate, 23rd in 3-point attempt rate, and 25th in opponent effective field goal percentage.

    His firing will probably happen at the next blowout at MSG when the boo birds come out in droves.
    Thank goodness I had to work. Fizdale will likely be fired after our next game

    He said something the other day about RJ debacle...when asked by media if he saw what the front office had to say about it he said NO I DIDN’T very quickly...like he could care less what they think

    I don’t think there’s a connection anymore. He’s a goner very soon. There’s not 1 positive about this team besides RJ

  11. #11
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    8,661
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Knicks coach David Fizdale staged his longest postgame, locker-room lecture of the season after a 126-98 Thanksgiving Eve blowout loss to Raptors.

    Fizdale questioned whether this players trust each other enough on the court and if too much selfishness is taking place. The locker room was closed for more than 16 minutes after the final buzzer Wednesday night.

    “Message to the team is — trust,’’ Fizdale said. “Right now we’re still fighting that fight to trust each other defensively and offensively. First quarter, you saw the ball move without hesitation. We get to the second quarter, guys were holding the ball too long. They have to trust the easy play and the pass.”

    Fizdale wasn’t done.

    “Same thing defensively,’’ he added. “If you get beat, you have to trust a guy will be there to protect you and the next guy is going to protect the next guy. It’s something we haven’t done through a full game. We’re constantly fighting for that trust for 48 minutes.”

    “Not talking,’’ Morris said.

    “We’re still working, still growing. still trying to figure this thing out,’’ Ellington told The Post. “Everything he says to us is meaningful. It was a great message for us after a game like that. Obviously we’re a brand new group. It’s easy for guys to think about themselves. It’s an easy thing to do. We’re NBA players. We have to keep figuring out how to put we before me.’’

    The Knicks finished shooting 37 percent. Knicks point guard Dennis Smith Jr. had a rough outing, going 1 of 7 from the field and missing all four of his 3-point attempts.

    “Offensive rebounds, transition and they made 21 3s,’’ Randle said in summing up the loss. “We were never able to answer their run.’’

    The Knicks’ defense seemed to wear down as the first half carried on. The Knicks lost momentum early in Toronto’s comeback after the Raptors grabbed three offensive rebounds on a possession and wound up with the layup.

    The Raptors are 8-0 at home, and no one should count them out of repeating as kings of the Eastern Conference.

    “They’re tough,’’ Barrett said of the team he grew up worshipping. “First unit, second unit, third unit. They play tough with grit. Everyone moves the ball. It’s great to go against a team like that.”

  12. #12
    12th man
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    11,557
    Rep Power
    31

    Default

    I agree, he seems reconciled to losing his job. Made this comment about he doesn't know why the team hasn't been able to push the pace, I mean he's the head coach who else should know why they can't get more possessions. If I were Mills I would be thinking we're paying you millions and that's the best answer you can come up with.

    Raps lost Kawhi and Lowry and Ibaka weren't playing so they weren't anywhere near that team that won the championship but they waxed us tonight.

  13. #13
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    7,452
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    I love this team. I have watched countless losing games for this team. This is different in how bad it is.

    I have nothing personal against Fizdale. He is by no means the main reason we are awful, but he needs to go.

    Our front office is awful. The KP trade and free agency result attest to that. Even worse, they will make no trades to acquire us assets this season. Mark my words. They need to go and we need Sam Hinkie or someone similar to take over while there is still time to wheel and deal all these guys with team favorable contracts.

  14. #14
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5,302
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    I love this team. I have watched countless losing games for this team. This is different in how bad it is.

    I have nothing personal against Fizdale. He is by no means the main reason we are awful, but he needs to go.

    Our front office is awful. The KP trade and free agency result attest to that. Even worse, they will make no trades to acquire us assets this season. Mark my words. They need to go and we need Sam Hinkie or someone similar to take over while there is still time to wheel and deal all these guys with team favorable contracts.
    Agree

    I wanted Hinkie when we fired Phil...SIGH!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 17
    Last Post: Mar 24, 2013, 17:18
  2. Replies: 18
    Last Post: Mar 23, 2013, 12:31
  3. Replies: 70
    Last Post: Feb 24, 2013, 12:31
  4. Replies: 61
    Last Post: Feb 16, 2013, 13:54
  5. New York Knicks vs Toronto Raptors Game Thread 2/24
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: Feb 25, 2008, 18:08

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •