Game thread: New York Knicks vs Philadelphia 76ers 7:30 11/29/2019 [Game #19]

tiger0330

Legend
97-93.... 17 seconds.... Wayne airballs a wide open corner 3. lol.
We always seem to pick up shooters that can't shoot but that was a good challenge by the defense, Ellington thought he got fouled on the hand. Lot of calls we could have used that challenge in a close game that Fizdale wasted in the 1st.

mafra

Legend
Good timeout by him when they had 3 secs on the shot clock ad they were 35 ft from the basket. Doubt if Fizdale would have done that.

Never seen a coach get that TO... ball was in the air, heading towards half court... should?ve been 3 secs in lane called... how do you award TO when ball is in air? Lol.

Anyway... Ennis had 20 off bench for PHI... entire NYK bench combined for 18 points... and we are home... toss in 14 missed FT... adds up to another loss.

tiger0330

Legend
Frank throws game away.... terrible inbounds pass to RJ...
Kid had a decent game, was aggressive unlike in TOR. He needs to call his own number at every single opportunity, him deferring hasn't won us any games might as well try to put up 20 shots and get his first 20ppg.

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
We always seem to pick up shooters that can't shoot but that was a good challenge by the defense, Ellington thought he got fouled on the hand. Lot of calls we could have used that challenge in a close game that Fizdale wasted in the 1st.

Wayne is 21-66 from downtown... Portis is 21-53. At this point, why is Wayne playing over Dotson?

mafra

Legend
Ll
Kid had a decent game, was aggressive unlike in TOR. He needs to call his own number at every single opportunity, him deferring hasn't won us any games might as well try to put up 20 shots and get his first 20ppg.

I was proud to see he took ball to rim the following possession and made a tough layup. Still, have to have higher IQ... pump that pass or bounce it.

mafra

Legend
19-33.... NYK are BY FAR the worst FT shooting team in NBA. I believe the only team under 70% as a team (and we are almost under 50%.

It?s really amazing how bad DSJ and Randle are on offense. And to think this entire season was based on those 2 being top options. Ergo, why we are worse than last year.

Knox going backward....

Not much to like about this roster.

tiger0330

Legend
19-33.... NYK are BY FAR the worst FT shooting team in NBA. I believe the only team under 70% as a team (and we are almost under 50%.

It’s really amazing how bad DSJ and Randle are on offense. And to think this entire season was based on those 2 being top options. Ergo, why we are worse than last year.

Knox going backward....

Not much to like about this roster.
DSJ is a kid that has a triple double and a 31 ppg on his resume, Randle coming off a 20 ppg year. Blows my mind they have regressed esp DSJ. Randle has his moments, Fizdale needs to go back to basics with him, chuck the point forward idea and limit his ball handling. Outlet passes off rebounds instead of him bringing it up..

mafra

Legend
The @NYKnicks are 4-15 this season, tied for their worst 19-game start to a season in franchise history (done 3 times before). 3 of those 4 instances have occurred in the last 11 seasons (most recently in 2014-15).
Twitter ?

mafra

Legend
Burke said he didn?t want to speak for Porzingis, but gave enough hints that events during his former teammate?s four-minute meeting with Knicks president Steve Mills and general manager Scott Perry changed his view forever.

I don?t think he was happy at the time,?? Burke told The Post in the most revealing testimony yet about Porzingis? alleged trade demand. ?But I do think he wanted to stay. I think something happened at the meeting. I don?t know everything. Going into the meeting, KP had one type of understanding. After the meeting, there was a 180.

?I know once Knicks management and KP had that meeting, KP was out of New York because of what was said. I think he went into the meeting hoping, like, ?OK, what?s the plan for next year?? And something went wrong in that meeting and it just blew up. And that was the end of Porzingis.?

Burke shook his head over the reality that the keystone piece the Knicks received in the Dallas trade (other than cap space), Dennis Smith Jr., is currently coming off the bench.

?I?ve seen that [Smith] hasn?t been playing a lot,?? Burke said. ?You look at it now. Well, what was the point of it? You traded away our Unicorn, Tim [Hardaway Jr.] ??

?It was a new coaching staff in New York, trying to figure things out last year,?? Burke said. ?[In Philadelphia] it?s more established, the expectations are higher.

?As far as a winning culture, there?s a definite one [on the 76ers]. In New York they were trying to build one as well, but we weren?t there yet. We didn?t have enough talent at the time. We definitely had the heart. We weren?t where we wanted to be talent-

If Burke?s account is accurate, maybe the franchise?s future would look appetizingly different if the right things had been said at the four-minute meeting. Instead, it was another Black Friday at the Garden.

?I?ll let [Porzingis] tell his own story,?? Burke said. ?I know he still has some stuff to get off his chest.??

tiger0330

Legend
4 minute meeting and he demands to be traded. Only thing that could have dramatically shifted Porzingis opinion of the franchise like that is he went into the meeting anticipating they would be offering him that max contract extension and they told him no. That other stuff about he wasn't happy with the direction of the team is BS.

paris401

Starter
i have this re-curring dream.... knicks up in the 1st half, up by 15points... only to lose.... can someone wake me up from this bad dream....

mafra

Legend
"If you go back through a majority of our close-game losses, I would say on average we probably shot 68 percent or less in the losses," Fizdale said. "Our margin for error, we just don't have that luxury to miss that many free throws in a close game."

Fizdale was asked if the Knicks do any extra work on their free throws in practices.

"Brother, I'm about to put sage in the room," he said. "We've done so much different stuff. In the gym, when we're shooting free throws and working on them, guys make their free throws. Our percentages are up (during practices). But for some reason, when we get into the games we're just not knocking them down at the level I know we're capable of. Again, we just don't have that margin for error to shoot under 70 percent in a game, especially in the close games."