home.png
i
i
i
i
i

Injury Report

Boston CelticsNew York Knicks
Tacko Fall - Knee injury (QUEST)Reggie Bullock - Cervical disc herniation (OUT)
Romeo Langford - Right ankle sprain (Day-2-Day)Elfrid Payton - Right hamstring strain (OUT)
Gordon Hayward - Left Hand Fracture (OUT)Marcus Morris - Cervical spasms (QUEST)
-Dennis Smith Jr. - Contused left squad (PROB)

mafra

Legend
Knicks played well in the first half... RJ, Randle and Dotson....

But... we know they have 2 more Qs to play.

Broadway

All Star
Knicks played well in the first half... RJ, Randle and Dotson....

But... we know they have 2 more Qs to play.

I thought Randle was awful but agreed let?s see how this 2nd half goes

There is a clear issue with Knox...it?s something this organization must address soon

mafra

Legend
95-95 coming out of a TO.... Dotson hands ball to smart... 97-95. ISO Randle leads to ugly TO.

This is why we can?t close games. Forget about not having a closer.... we can?t even get shots off... turnover after turnover.... unforced too. Just bad brain burps. 98-95 and we all know that?s game ovah.

DSJ has Tatum in air.... would?ve been 3 ****s, but he passes to RJ (who airballs a 3).

mafra

Legend
I thought Randle was awful but agreed let?s see how this 2nd half goes

There is a clear issue with Knox...it?s something this organization must address soon

Randle is awful as the 1 or 2 option.... doesn?t mean he can?t play well in spurts.

Now, DSJ throws ball out of bounds....

Just ugly offense from any NYK come late 4th.

mafra

Legend
Frank hurt again. Only played a few minutes. Hard to develop Frank and MRob when they can?t stay on the floor...

mafra

Legend
2-8 followed by 2-8... on to Block #3.

According to Dolan tho, barely losing games qualifies as improvement. When your a losing org you believe in moral victories.

Broadway

All Star
Randle is awful as the 1 or 2 option.... doesn?t mean he can?t play well in spurts.

Now, DSJ throws ball out of bounds....

Just ugly offense from any NYK come late 4th.

We had a few guys play well in 3-4min stretches but also showed signs of what ails this team outside of those minutes

Which has now reared it?s ugly head in the 4th. Here?s the thing with Randle, it?s a lot...

He has to play for his TEAM and not himself(going for his on every touch)
He needs to set real screens on the perimeter(for his guards)
He needs to have a bigger presence on the defensive interior(see Kanter)
He needs to lay off shooting 3s(0-5)
He needs to stop turning the ball over at an alarming rate almost every game(4 TOs)

Broadway

All Star
2-8 followed by 2-8... on to Block #3.

According to Dolan tho, barely losing games qualifies as improvement. When your a losing org you believe in moral victories.

He should be embarrassed by Celtic fans getting loud in his arena

mafra

Legend
Knicks 26-37 from the FT line.

We don?t need deep analytic soul-searching to discover why we are losing game. We can?t win missing 10+ FTs... we just not good enough offensively to overcome this

Broadway

All Star
Knicks 26-37 from the FT line.

We don?t need deep analytic soul-searching to discover why we are losing game. We can?t win missing 10+ FTs... we just not good enough offensively to overcome this

We spent hrs in practice supposedly working on this only to come out today and meet our usual fail quota

This team needs a different spirit on the bench. We needed someone like Monty Williams...SIGH!

mafra

Legend
Amen! FT and poor fourth Q execution just tells me we aren?t mentally strong and disciplined enough to get over the hump.

And, by getting over the hump, that just means going from an awful team to a 30 win team.

Broadway

All Star
Fizdale postgame says...

"We're becoming a better basketball team"...citing the close games

and

"Free throws are biting us in the butt and they'll have to find creative ways to help players improve in this area"

This guy is borrowing time against the schedule in attempts to save his job. Much like our fans have done past decade when we look towards the next game as a means to rationalize a turnaround to qualify for the postseason

YOU HATE TO SEE IT!

mafra

Legend
?If it were so, it was a grievous growth,
being outscored by 21 on three-pointers,
doubled up on the offensive glass
and managing a mere 15 assists against 14 turnovers.
Here, under leave of the P&T staff?
For P&T is honourable people;
So are they all, all honourable people?
Come I to speak after New York dropped to 4-18,
two games behind last year?s mark at this time.

Yet Fizdale says the Knicks are playing better;
And Fizdale is an honourable man.
You all did see that Frank Ntilikina going down with a sore upper back
could not be blamed on Fiz,
nor another 11 missed free throws,
nor turnover after turnover after turnover after crunch-time motha****ing turnover.
The front office thrice promised him a kingly crown,
first Kristaps Porzingis, then Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant.
Was this ambition?
Yet Mills and Perry say Julius Randle, Taj Gibson, Bobby Portis and Elfrid Payton
were ?a successful free agency period,?

mafra

Legend
Kanter defends Dolan... is that Mills he?s referring too?

?We text,?? Kanter said in the hallway outside the Celtics locker room after Boston outlasted the Knicks 113-104 Sunday. ?We?re actually really cool buddies now. I got no problems with him. Some other people have problems with him, but I have no problem with him.

?And I will say this: It?s terrible they blame it on this guy every time. I feel like he has done nothing to do with it. You just have to go out there to play basketball. He cannot push you out there to play basketball. I feel like people put blame on him and people are wrong. And we are buddies now.?

mafra

Legend
BOS started some guy names Theis at C. Let?s call it like we see it... We need more from Mitch.... if he wants to be considered this huge up and coming prospect... he needs to have a bigger impact in a game like this, with a matchup like this...

2 made shots, 0 blocks, 5 rebounds (only 1 offensive). Sorry.... not good enough. O, and he fouled out again.

It not all Robinson fault!!
First all who has coaching experience with a 7 footer like Robinson?
ANSWER- nobody... adding Kevin Garnett would have best thing. NOT Jordan because then all Robinson becomes is a Jordan clone. Before you start... Question - who would you rather have Kevin G. or Jordan?
Secondly he really has no offensive game other an ally-op pass. What happened to this pass summer working on a jump shot? His form on his f.t. Is greatly improved.
Thirdly there sure be one(NOT 2) vet at every position. (Ex. D. Rose & Beasley or M. Morris).

mafra

Legend
Before playing the New York on Sunday, Stevens lavished praised the Knicks rookie: ?The first time I saw him in person up close here was the third game of the season and his body, physicality, skill level, all ready for the NBA. I think that?s pretty unique for a wing in the league.?

He still has some refinements to work on but it?s barely December and it?s very clear that Barrett belongs in the NBA. He?s having a great first season.