Game thread: New York Knicks @ Milwaukee Bucks 8:00 12/2/2019 [Game #21]

Those number are to be expected in certain games. The trouble is knowing who you can win with in the future. You have those that can put up number/stat's but can they bring the intangibles that it takes to win. Two out the four list can the other two can't help a team with a superstar.

Broadway

All Star
Anybody would like to bring back Phil and Gaines? They seen to know how to draft and bring in players like D. Rose and Beasley. No haven't forgotten about Noah. Make no mistake about it.

Yuck, they started this HISTORICAL ineptitude era...No Thanks Ever!

mafra

Legend
What a complete joke...every game

You can?t make this up Maf

I?ve longed for the refs to put us on the FT line so much. Now we get the whistle and I cringe whenever anybody wearing and NYK uniform attempts the most basic shot in basketball: the free throw.

mafra

Legend
Management, according to a source, considered the last 10-game segment an improvement over the first 10 games despite the same 2-8 record. The next step was getting the Knicks to close out games in the fourth quarter.

Coincidentally, the defeat was to Bucks coach Mike Budenholzer, the reigning Coach of the Year, who the Knicks interviewed for their vacant position in 2018 but passed over to sign Fizdale.

That worked out for Budenholzer, who has won 12 in a row with the best team in the NBA. Not so much for Fizdale, who has dropped seven in a row with the worst team in the NBA.

The 45-year-old Fizdale, who has two more seasons on his four-year deal, became a dead coach on the sideline the moment Knicks president Steve Mills ? at the urging of James Dolan ? hijacked a postgame press conference and declared that the team needs to play better. Mills has been an abject failure as a basketball executive and saddled Fizdale with supremely flawed rosters for consecutive seasons.

But the coach hasn?t done himself any favors, amassing a 21-82 record with the Knicks. There?s no identity. No style of play. No sense of flow or structure. Since Fizdale lost his final eight games in Memphis, he really only has 21 wins in his last 111 games as an NBA coach. That?s an ugly statistic.

And frankly, the only thing Mills has left to sell is that the coach is the problem. Every other explanation has gone to the incinerator.

From the moment Mills usurped Phil Jackson in 2017 and tried to disavow all associations with the Zen Master, nearly all the promises from he and Fizdale have proven false:

They were going to be an attractive destination for superstars. (Nope.)

They were going to build an identity and culture. (Nope.)

They were going be masters at player development. (Nope.)

They were going to be competitive and improve every year. (Nope.)

They were going build a team around Kristaps Porzingis. (Nope.)

According to ESPN, Mills has been ?laying the groundwork? to fire Fizdale. And now you wonder again ? following Monday?s no-show ? how close he is to pulling the trigger.

After all, what is the point of continuing down this road?

S. Bondy NY DN

(Harsh)

tiger0330

Legend
I'd look to install Kadeem ahead of DSJ for the next game if Nits can't play and ahead of him as first PG off the bench. 3-4 from 3, when was the last time that happened from our PG and he plays D.

paris401

Starter
Mills was crowing like a rooster when he made that deal. One thing about Dolan is he's shown that he'll make front office changes despite his relationships with them. If anyone in the last 10 years needs to be fired its Mills.

who's the one constant over the years...mills... he must have something on dolan... as to smith.... he was dribbing around on one play ..down the left , then to the rite, back to the top of the key where he finally passed with 3ticks left on the clock... there needs to be a house cleaning... aside from our 1st round dukie... n maybe mrob, there aint a player who i would keep...

tiger0330

Legend
We don't have the worst record in the NBA with the Dubs loss to the woeful Hawks. We meet them next week which maybe our first win in the current losing streak, can't tell you the amount of heat the NY media is going to rain down on the Knicks if they lose that game in SF.

Good Luck with your 1st round dukie if you think that is a building block. Just remember who drafted him is the same person you have all these problems with now. Someone in this forum stated that "F.O. have problem with drafting"(something close to that). I reply back then why do you feel that RJ is such a Great pick.
I'll ask you the same question. Why??

tiger0330

Legend
Good Luck with your 1st round dukie if you think that is a building block. Just remember who drafted him is the same person you have all these problems with now. Someone in this forum stated that "F.O. have problem with drafting"(something close to that). I reply back then why do you feel that RJ is such a Great pick.
You're in the minority Dark. Everyone is impressed with RJ, most analysts, media people and the latest is the Celts coach Brad Stevens. He's 19 so people are projecting where he'll be in a couple of years but if his shooting doesn't improve as expected we'll be saying he's a disappointment for a #3 pick.

paris401

Starter
I reply back then why do you feel that RJ is such a Great pick.

i re-read my post and can't find where i said he was a'great pick' please point out where i said that...
if it pleases you, $hit-can the entire roster... but i would keep the 3rd pick, and mrob who has shown he mite have a bit of game... other then those '2', give the other 13players a MTA token and say adios...

i re-read my post and can't find where i said he was a'great pick' please point out where i said that...
if it pleases you, $hit-can the entire roster... but i would keep the 3rd pick, and mrob who has shown he mite have a bit of game... other then those '2', give the other 13players a MTA token and say adios...

You are correct you didn't say Great....I did.
Just trying to find out why you want to keep RJ. I certainly agree with Mrob but RJ is a different story to me. Robinson had to potential to change a game and could be even better if he had a mid-range jumper. The question is to understand 'Why' RJ when he does nothing to change a game. I can understand if the team was better with him on the floor but that isn't the case. So again it about understanding what do you see in RJ that merit keeping him?

paris401

Starter
You are correct you didn't say Great....I did.
Just trying to find out why you want to keep RJ. I certainly agree with Mrob but RJ is a different story to me. Robinson had to potential to change a game and could be even better if he had a mid-range jumper. The question is to understand 'Why' RJ when he does nothing to change a game. I can understand if the team was better with him on the floor but that isn't the case. So again it about understanding what do you see in RJ that merit keeping him?

as someone said ... he is 19, the 3rd pick in the draft... i think u gotta keep him to see if he pans out.. he's a rook... lets at least give him the full year and evaluate in april ...when the season will be over

You're in the minority Dark. Everyone is impressed with RJ, most analysts, media people and the latest is the Celts coach Brad Stevens. He's 19 so people are projecting where he'll be in a couple of years but if his shooting doesn't improve as expected we'll be saying he's a disappointment for a #3 pick.

Hey tiger being in the minority is nothing out of the norm for me. As you have read in many of my post 'You don't draft high in a weak draft'. I don't think that giving example mean anything to anybody in this forum. You and other believe that drafting RJ was a Great move when we had Knot and Dotson. To get more good players(to me) would have been better than just one supposedly Good/Great player. Please remember RJ (for the unteenth time) has not out played Dotson for the starting SG job. He definitely couldn't win the SF job from Knot or Morris. So you give he a starting job and hype the opinion that he is so good. It real simple just 'PROVE IT'. Does he move the needle? Answer -- NO!!!

Tiger, maybe for all the average JOE's that majority opinion is excepted. I'm not in that group. Thanks for keeping me grounded.

as someone said ... he is 19, the 3rd pick in the draft... i think u gotta keep him to see if he pans out.. he's a rook... lets at least give him the full year and evaluate in april ...when the season will be over

Again, agreed with the rookie part. They knew he was 19 just like they knew Knot was 18 or 19. But they didn't give Knot a starting job. So what is there to evaluate?? We use a #3 pick for a player that can't move the needle of this team. That is something that is obvious right now. There is no electricity in his game( like the kids Walker, Graham and other) a string of five or six -3's in row. We haven't seen anything close to that. An average player at best but less hope he make me eat those words. Because F.O. don't admit mistakes.

Kiyaman

Legend
WE JUST GOT KNOCKED TF OUT !!!

Here's more than 4 great reasons to FIRE coach Fizdale ASAP .. before the next Knicks game.
The Knicks Offense/Defense system need a 180 degree change immediately after last night game.
First Quarter: Knicks 15 - Bucks 33
Second Quarter: Knicks 45 - Bucks 72
Third Quarter: Knicks 62 - Bucks 100
Forth Quarter: Knicks 88 - Bucks 132
Knicks shot 30% from FG .. Bucks shot 56% from FG
The more the Knicks rookie RJ Barrett, and the Knicks 2nd season players Knox/Trier/MitchRob perform under Fizdale their B.Ball IQ gets lower and their skills get more sloppier !!!
What Fizdale give to the Knicks we could get the same thing or better from assistant-coach Mike Miller !!!

Kiyaman

Legend
Hey tiger being in the minority is nothing out of the norm for me. As you have read in many of my post 'You don't draft high in a weak draft'. I don't think that giving example mean anything to anybody in this forum. You and other believe that drafting RJ was a Great move when we had Knot and Dotson. To get more good players(to me) would have been better than just one supposedly Good/Great player. Please remember RJ (for the unteenth time) has not out played Dotson for the starting SG job. He definitely couldn't win the SF job from Knot or Morris. So you give he a starting job and hype the opinion that he is so good. It real simple just 'PROVE IT'. Does he move the needle? Answer -- NO!!!

Tiger, maybe for all the average JOE's that majority opinion is excepted. I'm not in that group. Thanks for keeping me grounded.

Before draft night the Knicks front-office IDIOTS were suppose to make a CHANGE in the coaching-staff by hiring Thibs & Jason Kidd.
Plus give DeAndre Jordan an extension contract to resign, then on draft night select RJ Barrett for coach-Kidd to tutor into a star team-ball player.
The 2019 FA market for the Knicks would have been much brighter if the Front-Office would have made early moves to change a non-developing coaching-staff that created a 17 Win season. The Knicks front-office doing nothing to improve the non-developing coaching-staff before July 1st. had them pay a regular NBA role-player Randle three times his performance worth. The Knicks were lucky Home-boy from Fort-Greene Taj Gibson were interested in signing, and a decent starting SF Morris became interested in signing. So far they were the best two pickups in the off-season.
The Knicks 17 win season coaching staff has no offense/defense system, nor do they know how to play Knick players to their strength, there's no written design offensive plays to score a easy two points. The Knicks are averaging 65% from the FT, and the Knicks team average 90 shots per game, and 40 of those shots are from the 3-ball line !!!