Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Knicks miss 13 of their final 14 shots (Clyde pleading for the offense to stop ďhurrying and worrying, no need to be frantic and go right up, try to pump fake.Ē

Down 2 with .01 remaining and Randle is fouled. Everybody on planet knew he wasnít making both FTs. Swish first and clank the next. Another loss.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    Just awful. Knicks lose by 1 when Randle misses the free throw at the buzzer.
    Such a big relief came over me when Randle hit the first one ...................

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyaman View Post
    Payton showing poise .. Payton the MAN in the 4th qtr.
    We start Frank and have Payton backs him up !!!
    EP stinks. Missed a wide open 5 footer in the lane late then totally bungled the fast break with 10 seconds left. He gave ball up to MRob way too early.... as MRob launches from too far out and has dunk blocked.

If EP is your starting PG then you donít have a PG.

EP played decent first game he played then stunk. I expect more bad games from EP ahead of us
    Last edited by mafra; Dec 07, 2019 at 22:02.

The Loser Lament out in full force.

It was a great game. Tremendous effort. We just lost to a great team. Blah, blah, blah.

Firing Fiz made no difference. This team stinks, it will stink for a while, and thereís nothing redeeming about this franchise.

Screw Mills and Perry for firing the HC after they make him lead practice then are cowards and wonít face media to announce the move.

So, weíll hear all about how different the approach and effort and play is under Miller. Theyíll go 2-8 (but all we will hear about is how well the play)... then the 30 point blowouts will start returning and the team will be 8-37 before we know it.

Seriously.... they boasting about playing hard! WTf. Like thatís something we should respect? Itís should be expected!!! Getting paid millions to play with a ball... the least they can do is try.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    EP stinks. Missed a wide open 5 footer in the lane late then totally bungled the fast break with 10 seconds left. He gave ball up to MRob way too early.... as MRob launches from too far out and has dunk blocked.

If EP is your starting PG then you don’t have a PG.

EP played decent first game he played then stunk. I expect more bad games from EP ahead of us
    Here's the thing, we had 5yrs of data on EP...there was literally no reason to sign him, NONE!

The saddest part about bringing him here, it exposes how bad our PG situation is...in that he's likely better than STANK and zero identity MIA DSJ maybe combined
    Last edited by Broadway; Dec 07, 2019 at 22:29.

I believe Michael Kay said that only 40k watched Knicks on MSG against DEN. Less than number watching Islanders and about half as many as who watched Rangers.

It would be so ironic that NBA rigged lottery to save NO, only to have their NY market give up on b-ball. The apathy for Knicks is at an all time high.

NY may sell tix to tourists and fill MsG. But this franchise is on verge of being a team that gets zero TV ratings. Too bad they didnít have Zion to help boost that for the NBA... but, hey, at least NO wonít have to fold... problem is, re-runs of Golden Girls draw more viewers now than Knicks.

I saw on my phone this was a close game... I didnít care. I tuned in only bc it was halftime and only watched final 5 minutes. I knew they were losing. I donít care to watch this team... not taping games, Iím not watching them later when I can. I can barely care enough to check
    Box score... Iíll Watch if I am around and game is close under 5... thatís it. They suck!!!!!!

This is why you tank, folks. What worth is it losing with EP, Morris and Randle?

Frank, Dotson, RJ, Knox, MRob should be determining games late. At least you believe that is banking equity. Watching Morris and EP and Randle is seriously depressing.
    Last edited by mafra; Dec 07, 2019 at 22:28.

Blame Fiz for MM, EP and Randle choking down the stretch? Can we fire Perry and Mills please!!!!!!!!!

Knicks Film School
    @NYKFilmSchool
    The Pacers didnít score in the final 5:17 minutes of play, on the road, and they beat the Knicks

(MSG actually had a graphic that NY was on a ď4-0 run over 4:40 span)Ē.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyaman View Post
    Payton showing poise .. Payton the MAN in the 4th qtr.
    We start Frank and have Payton backs him up !!!
    He scored 2 pts. and we havenít been winning with Nits as the starting PG. They made this coaching switch to see if they can win some games, I'm going with Payton as the starter if I'm Miller to see if he can change things. People are calling for the Knicks to start tanking the season but I don't think Mills and Perry will to see if they can save their jobs.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    People are calling for the Knicks to start tanking the season
    the thought the tank was already rolling down 7th ave , picking up speed...

If Julius Randle can help us net a top 3 pick for the next three drafts he would have been a better free agent signing than Kevin Durant.
    Humility is a virtue and pride is a vice.

I saw nothing different in last night game than any the other loses. Miller stayed with the same starting lineup. This tell me that F.O. told him not to change the lineup and stay the course. I hear that Fiz was going to have major lineup changes. This would expose the F.O. error in F.A. and the draft. So maybe this was the final straw for F.O. to fire Fiz. The press being denied access to Fiz after draft and F.A. tell me that there was a problem. This could only be one thing and that is that Fiz didn't go only with the draft picks and F.A. signing. He is then expected to win with a bunch of square pegs for round holes. Not resigning Mudiay and Kornet were two player with some chemistry from last season. Not saying that example is correct but along with the other things....Just maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    I believe Michael Kay said that only 40k watched Knicks on MSG against DEN. Less than number watching Islanders and about half as many as who watched Rangers.

It would be so ironic that NBA rigged lottery to save NO, only to have their NY market give up on b-ball. The apathy for Knicks is at an all time high.

NY may sell tix to tourists and fill MsG. But this franchise is on verge of being a team that gets zero TV ratings. Too bad they didn’t have Zion to help boost that for the NBA... but, hey, at least NO won’t have to fold... problem is, re-runs of Golden Girls draw more viewers now than Knicks.

I saw on my phone this was a close game... I didn’t care. I tuned in only bc it was halftime and only watched final 5 minutes. I knew they were losing. I don’t care to watch this team... not taping games, I’m not watching them later when I can. I can barely care enough to check
    Box score... I’ll Watch if I am around and game is close under 5... that’s it. They suck!!!!!!

This is why you tank, folks. What worth is it losing with EP, Morris and Randle?

Frank, Dotson, RJ, Knox, MRob should be determining games late. At least you believe that is banking equity. Watching Morris and EP and Randle is seriously depressing.
    I agree with the last statement 100% even though I wouldn't put RJ in the mix but that a different discussion.

As for statement about rigging the lottery to save NO. The no-Tanking rules to discourage teams from during that...Worked. I certainly understand your cause for concern but let hope for the sake of decency that the rules worked. I'm not for cheating of any kind. I believe you build from the top down with good decisions on F.O personal and players. Not one that believe in buying a championship team. That not competition!!!

The obvious change we saw under Miller was defending the P&R... Finally, we stopped switching everything....

ďMillerís a better technician than Fizdale and a better on-court communicator,Ē said one NBA coaching source.

Yeah, if Iím Miller EP starts... Frank is ailing and DSJ is lost. But, if I am Miller, I know thereís 1 way I earn this gig for next year ó turn around Knox and DSJ. That should be his primary focus, along with ensuring the growth of MItch and RJ, Trier, Dotson and Frank.
    Last edited by mafra; Dec 08, 2019 at 13:36.

They aren't a cohesive team so switching isn't to me a good thing. Plus team are taking away your main defensive player in Frank.

As for turning Knox and DSJ around this season. Knox needs playing time and confident that he isn't going to be bench or taken out of the game. That is a simple fix. DSJ isn't that easy. Leaving NY is the only thing that solve his problem. The expectation are to high for him because of the KP trade. He is all that is left from that disaster.

Starting EP?? WHY?? Frank is ailing? Looked alright last night. Well you know my take on starting PG. Give Frank the same freedom that was given to Trier last year and the case of F.A signed this year.

Miller should started Frank, Dotson, Knox, Morris and Robinson. Let this group form the chemistry needed to be a good team. Morris isn't the long term answer but for now he doing a pretty good job.

I was about to start talking about trades but remember what you said in another post about Mills and Perry making those decisions. They must go before Dec 15 or 16, huh??
    Last edited by Dark Raider; Dec 08, 2019 at 20:56.