home.png
i
i
i
i
i

Injury Report

Indiana PacersNew York Knicks
Victor Oladipo - Right knee rehabilitation (OUT)Reggie Bullock - Cervical disc herniation (OUT)
JaKarr Sampson - Sore back (DOUBT)Wayne Ellington - Sore left Achilles (OUT)

Game Preview

Sickening was the word David Fizdale used to describe a 37-point home loss against Denver on Thursday that came three nights after a 44-point loss in Milwaukee. The next chance Fizdale gets to describe a game, he will not be coaching the league-worst New York Knicks.

Fizdale was fired Friday, and assistant Mike Miller will coach the Knicks on Saturday night when they host the Pacers. Indiana will look to capitalize on facing one of the worst teams in the league ahead of a tough schedule.

The Knicks enter at 4-18, matching the worst start in team history set by the 17-65 team in 2014-15. That squad was led by Derek Fisher, who is the last coach New York fired during a season, as he was axed in February 2016.

Fizdale, who was 21-83 with New York, ran practice Friday and talked to the media less than 24 hours after the Knicks allowed 21 3-pointers and saw their latest losing streak reach eight games with a 129-92 rout, which followed a 132-88 loss Monday.

The Knicks are winless since a 123-105 victory over Cleveland on Nov. 18.

Veteran Marcus Morris told the New York Daily News regarding his frustration, "I mean, of course. I hang my hat on being a competitor. I come in every morning and work my (tail) off. I've been doing that since I've been in this league, nine years now. And I obviously haven't been in this situation before. So it's different. But the last thing I'm going to do is quit on anybody."

Multiple media outlets reported that Morris led a players-only meeting hours before Fizdale was fired.

Miller takes over a team that is on its 18th losing streak of at least eight games since the start of the 2001-02 season. He is New York's 12th coach since Jeff Van Gundy resigned 19 games into the 2001-02 season when the Knicks began a stretch of 15 out of 18 seasons with losing records and only four postseason appearances (2004, 2011, 2012 and 2013).

Indiana has won the last six meetings with the Knicks since Nov. 5, 2017, and is hoping to get another victory, especially with a schedule that features games with the Los Angeles Clippers, Boston, the Los Angeles Lakers, Milwaukee and Toronto in the next two weeks.

The Pacers are 7-2 in their past nine games despite a 108-101 loss at Detroit on Friday. Indiana fell behind by 13 points in the opening quarter and gave up 37 points in the fourth quarter. The Pistons' Andre Drummond finished with 25 points and 22 rebounds, helping Detroit post a 51-33 edge on the glass.

"I thought they were the aggressors all night long," Pacers coach Nate McMillan said. "It started at the beginning of the game. It just seemed like they wanted it a little bit more than we did. We're supposed to get stronger and figure out how to stop teams and how to attack teams and we didn't do that. I don't think we did that on either end of the floor."

T.J. Warren scored 26 points for Indiana on Friday while Malcolm Brogdon added 21. Domantas Sabonis collected 18 points and 13 rebounds for his seventh straight double-double. He has 17 double-doubles overall entering Saturday's visit to New York, where he shot 12 of 12 and scored 30 points on Oct. 31, 2018.

--Field Level Media

Thanks, Rady.

Mike Miller era begins. Not expecting much. Hard to change anything under these circumstances.

tiger0330

Legend
Thanks for the game thread. I would not miss the first game after Fiz was fired. Hot start by the Knicks, 7-8 they're attacking the rim, Miller just said that's the game plan to attack the rim. Knicks up 15-9 7 mins left in the 1st.

Kiyaman

Legend
Knox playing both sides of the court well enough to give the Knicks the lead to start the 2nd qtr. .. taking DSJ out the lineup for Payton was a wise move .. Good call coach Miller.
Dotson's performance belong in the starter lineup plus should be receiving 30 min of playing-time per game

Kiyaman

Legend
Halftime .. Knicks 60 - Pacers 66

MitchRob's 2-Way performance is on its way to having 20 pt game .. we have to work on a hook shot for MitchRob.
Not a bad 2nd qtr. by the Knicks (we scored 60 pts in a half!) .. every one played well except DSJ wsup? .. we need to start adding some team-chemistry in our lineups

I am jealous of the Pacer's ball movement

mafra

Legend
Knicks miss 13 of their final 14 shots (Clyde pleading for the offense to stop ?hurrying and worrying, no need to be frantic and go right up, try to pump fake.?

Down 2 with .01 remaining and Randle is fouled. Everybody on planet knew he wasn?t making both FTs. Swish first and clank the next. Another loss.

mafra

Legend
Payton showing poise .. Payton the MAN in the 4th qtr.
We start Frank and have Payton backs him up !!!

EP stinks. Missed a wide open 5 footer in the lane late then totally bungled the fast break with 10 seconds left. He gave ball up to MRob way too early.... as MRob launches from too far out and has dunk blocked.

If EP is your starting PG then you don?t have a PG.

EP played decent first game he played then stunk. I expect more bad games from EP ahead of us

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
The Loser Lament out in full force.

It was a great game. Tremendous effort. We just lost to a great team. Blah, blah, blah.

Firing Fiz made no difference. This team stinks, it will stink for a while, and there?s nothing redeeming about this franchise.

Screw Mills and Perry for firing the HC after they make him lead practice then are cowards and won?t face media to announce the move.

So, we?ll hear all about how different the approach and effort and play is under Miller. They?ll go 2-8 (but all we will hear about is how well the play)... then the 30 point blowouts will start returning and the team will be 8-37 before we know it.

mafra

Legend
Seriously.... they boasting about playing hard! WTf. Like that?s something we should respect? It?s should be expected!!! Getting paid millions to play with a ball... the least they can do is try.