Game thread: New York Knicks @ Golden State 10:30 12/112019 [Game #25]

Kiyaman

Legend
RJ Barrett played like a star in the first half then turned into a RAW RAW player throughout the 2nd half .. The 3-ball shot and hitting both FT with 12 sec remain save Barrett's 2nd half BUM performance.
OVER -TIME ..Tied at 112

Kiyaman

Legend
Bad coaching, Knicks should have fouled to prevent DLo from taking that game tying 3 that sends it to OT.

Super bad coaching .. not telling Payton to slow it down when we had a 6 pt lead, and when we grab the offensive rebound .. Knicks WIN .. 124 - 122 .. Coach Miller got his first WIN as a Knick coach plus stop the 10 game loser streak !!!

tiger0330

Legend
Super bad coaching .. not telling Payton to slow it down when we had a 6 pt lead, and when we grab the offensive rebound .. Knicks WIN .. 124 - 122 .. Coach Miller got his first WIN as a Knick coach plus stop the 10 game loser streak !!!
Knicks had to win this twice. Let's hope they can build on this W. Miller has Ntilikina starting and Payton finishing games but Ntilikina is not a starting NBA PG, if Miller wants to win games he should have Payton getting the majority of the minutes. Only reason to play Nits is to develop him but Mills and Perry needs this team to win games to save their jobs.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the game thread, tiger, woke up to see the knicks having a solid 68-50 lead at halftime just to see the lead blown out again. It's a miracle they survived the OT, Morris is a beast. Congrats to Mike Miller for his first win.

mafra

Legend
MRob drive and dunk made OT worthwhile. Morris showcased himself to other clubs.... Frank lost his starting gig tonight, I would imagine.

tiger0330

Legend
Now the question is what does Perry do. Does he trade his most valuable player MM for a protected first or 2 seconds as its reported the Knicks can get for him or keep him.

Think it's crazy to trade him, he's their best player, 2nd best 3pt shooter in the NBA currently and he's a leader. You need guys like that on your team no matter how bad your team is. I hope we can reup the guy in the off season.

mafra

Legend
Now the question is what does Perry do. Does he trade his most valuable player MM for a protected first or 2 seconds as its reported the Knicks can get for him or keep him.

Think it's crazy to trade him, he's their best player, 2nd best 3pt shooter in the NBA currently and he's a leader. You need guys like that on your team no matter how bad your team is. I hope we can reup the guy in the off season.

And he?s only 30. I would prefer he stays 2 more seasons, if all he can fetch is what you said. Don?t give him away... take a first, if presented, but nothing protected... screw second round picks. We have plenty of draft ammo.... don?t need to give away MM for pennies on the dollar... we ain?t in biz helping others...

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
Through the years we didn't have any player who averaging a decent number of assists.... after every game i check the assists in a game and the max is between 4 and 6.....
our first team member in the assist leaders list is Frank ranking 67 @3.2 per game!!!
last year (2018-2019) our best was Emmanuel Mudiay ranking 53 @3.9 per game!
(2017-2018) our best was again Emmanuel Mudiay ranking 60 @3.2 per game!

isn't that strange that through the years we are not being able to have a player who could crack the top 25 or at least 50 list of assists!! I know that the calibar of the supporting cast will affect that too, but come on.....

paris401

Starter
And he’s only 30. I would prefer he stays 2 more seasons, if all he can fetch is what you said. Don’t give him away... take a first, if presented, but nothing protected... screw second round picks. We have plenty of draft ammo.... don’t need to give away MM for pennies on the dollar... we ain’t in biz helping others...

is he not signed for only '1' year??? if he is so 'valuable' trade his ass now... play n find young guys... by the time we r ready to win MM will be 50

mafra

Legend
?Marcus Morris, Julius Randle, and R.J. Barrett all had at least 20 points and 10 rebounds tonight. It?s the first time that three Knicks have had 20 & 10 in the same game since April 10, 1977, when Bob McAdoo, Walt Frazier, and Lonnie Shelton all did it.?

mafra

Legend
is he not signed for only '1' year??? if he is so 'valuable' trade his ass now... play n find young guys... by the time we r ready to win MM will be 50

I?m all for trading him... I just see no advantage in giving him away. Would I trade Morris for second rounders in 2023 and 2025? No.

tiger0330

Legend
One thing about Miller is I think he's a more heady coach than Fiz. I remember that game where Fiz wasted his challenge in the 1st 2 mins of a game and the game turned into a close one where he could have used it at the end, I called him a dope for using his challenge so early.

Miller on the other hand waited until the end to use his challenge on RJs foul of Burke's 3 at the end, Burke still got to shoot his FTs because the Knicks challenge was not upheld but thats what a good use of the rule is meant for. Others have called Miller a better tactician than Fiz, my bet is his better in game mgt results in winning some of these close games and a better record than we had under Fizdale.

tiger0330

Legend
Through the years we didn't have any player who averaging a decent number of assists.... after every game i check the assists in a game and the max is between 4 and 6.....
our first team member in the assist leaders list is Frank ranking 67 @3.2 per game!!!
last year (2018-2019) our best was Emmanuel Mudiay ranking 53 @3.9 per game!
(2017-2018) our best was again Emmanuel Mudiay ranking 60 @3.2 per game!

isn't that strange that through the years we are not being able to have a player who could crack the top 25 or at least 50 list of assists!! I know that the calibar of the supporting cast will affect that too, but come on.....
Don't see Ntilikina as a starting PG, supposedly a pass first PG 3.2 dimes that ranks 67th in assists, that's 3rd string PG good. His shooting avg also has come back to his median avg judging by the last few games I'm guessing but I'm going to check on it.

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
Nits.376 FG% vs..364 FG% his rookie season. Not what I'd expect of an 8th pick 3rd yr in the league. One of the guys that should be on the trade block for a 1st rounder imo.

I will say this, congrats to interim head coach Mike Miller on getting his first win. I bet even he didn?t expect that he would be an NBA head coach a year ago.

paris401

Starter
I’m all for trading him... I just see no advantage in giving him away. Would I trade Morris for second rounders in 2023 and 2025? No.

i agree u don't wanta give him away for a $hitty pick... but is he worth a late #1...i dunno... if he is put his a$$ on the next downtown express, but if all u can get is a 2nd, do u take it...or get zippo at the end of the season... i dunno... that's why we have the 'brain-trust' upstairs at MSG....

mafra

Legend
i agree u don't wanta give him away for a $hitty pick... but is he worth a late #1...i dunno... if he is put his a$$ on the next downtown express, but if all u can get is a 2nd, do u take it...or get zippo at the end of the season... i dunno... that's why we have the 'brain-trust' upstairs at MSG....

? But according to Stefan Bondy of the New York Daily News, Morris turned down an even more lucrative offer from the Clippers, worth roughly $41 million, earlier in free agency. After that, the Clippers shifted their attention to the trade market and acquired Moe Harkless.?

He turned down big money, to play in LA and probably win a title... for this?

I guess you?re right, if there?s no plan to re-sign him. Get what you can...

Kiyaman

Legend
? But according to Stefan Bondy of the New York Daily News, Morris turned down an even more lucrative offer from the Clippers, worth roughly $41 million, earlier in free agency. After that, the Clippers shifted their attention to the trade market and acquired Moe Harkless.?

He turned down big money, to play in LA and probably win a title... for this?

I guess you?re right, if there?s no plan to re-sign him. Get what you can...

In the Knicks past 3 off-season of signing FA .. Marcus Morris Sr. happen to be the only legit (Keeper) FA the Mills/Perry show brang on board in their 3 year search for a star FA.
It's like Tiger said .. If Morris did not turn down the Spurs (and Clippers) offers to sign on to the Knicks, the $70M spent by Mills/Perry in the off-season on FA would've been the 3rd off-season in a row the Knicks selected Tier-3 project FA players that performance are not worthy of being a keeper for a 2nd season.
Morris & Gibson's 25 game performance are the only legit KEEPERS I would want for next season.
Why the Knicks FO didn't give veteran starter center DeAndre Jordan a 2 to 4 yr extension last season?
Are the reason the Knicks are a consistent tank-tank LOTTERY team !!!

Kiyaman

Legend
The Best move the Knicks FO could make the remainder of the season are to give Marcus Morris a 2 or more season extension to remain a part of rookie RJ Barrett's NBA growth (Randle is killing me) !!!