Today, 12/18/19 Knicks added David Blatt as an consultant in the Front-Office

Broadway

All Star
i don't see 'assets'..... i see turds... n lots of em...

Yep look no further than the greater majority of this fan base's favorite Goodest Boy Toy, Frank. He's worked his way into the starting pg position, fans think he's shown great progress when everything else suggest otherwise and according to Begley he hasn't increased his trade value across the league. Some still don't even know what he is

Last edited:
Many people on here have said it. The key is taking on bad contracts to get draft picks in return. Very hard to trade a player for picks unless you do something crazy (like trade KP).

Kiyaman

Legend
Kiyaman, I agree 100%. You've got to reward good performance. This made the Blat hire curious to me. Also he recently announced that he has M.S. so I don't know if he can handle the grind and pressure of coaching in N.Y. If anything, this consultant role paves the way for a front office position... Even more strange... Will he replace Scott Perry, Mills, Alan Houston? Who knows. I don't really understand the purpose of the hire.

It really looks like Mills isn't going anywhere. But let's look at this from a different perspective for a sec. Knicks f'd up chasing KD/ Irving. They abandoned their youth movement. If you judge the Knicks by their moves to make short term deals they'd get a D+ or C-. The signing all things considered weren't bad at all. Coach was a real problem.

Next step really should be trading available assets for draft picks over the next couple of years. Just rack up assets. Get picks from TWolves, Detroit maybe, any team projected to stink it up over the next few years. I want PICKS! Picks for 2021, 2022 and 2023. See if we can make a run at Brandon Ingram.

So far I like what our 3-3 interim head coach Mike Miller has been doing with the Knicks roster.
Miller has been coaching & matching Knick players to the strength to perform on the same-page.
The Knicks havn't had 2-Way coaching like Mike Miller since assistant coach JVG took the interim head coaching job.
The Knicks vs Denver game were a big example of the future Knicks playing .500 b.ball under coach Miller.
I gave the Knicks a B+ for their strong 2nd half come-back effort to take the lead over Denver. Keeping the inexperience rookie RJ in the game during the 4th quarter crunch-time gave Denver the edge to win in the final 2 minute of the game 111-105.
I'm sure if Miller would have took rookie RJ out the game during the 4th quarter for a Frank & Payton backcourt to win the game over Denver, believe me .. Miller would've had problems from the Mills/Perry show asking stupid question of why u couldn't win with the rookie RJ on the court.
Our Rookie RJ Barrett raw athletic performance are decent against bottom NBA teams having a weak defensive system. We need to stop believing RJ Barrett has the capabilities of a 4 to 5 yr experience NBA player.

The Knicks development of young-core players started the day interim head coach Mike Miller took over for Fiz.
The Knicks FO should not be looking to trade any Knick player until after the Knicks 50th game on February 1st.
I like what I'm seeing from Payton, Randle, Portis, and Knox performance since Mike Miller took over, under Fizdale coaching those 4 mention players were a disaster on both sides of the court, but our 4-18 record explain it best.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
Yep look no further than the greater majority of this fan base's favorite Goodest Boy Toy, Frank. He's worked his way into the starting pg position, fans think he's shown great progress when everything else suggest otherwise and according to Begley he hasn't increased his trade value across the league. Some still don't even know what he is

The Knicks has a decent strategic head coach at the helm, who knows how to win having two differ defensive pass-first PG .. trading Frank now (under Mills/Perry show) will be the same as trading KP. And KP has been performing at a B+ level in the 2019-20 season. Plus the last 3 games the Mavs played against above .500 teams without their super-star Doncic are 1-2 in each of those close finish games from KP outstanding performance.

Magic walked away from the Lakers because he wasn’t having fun. Working for the Knicks will not be fun. Your push to hire him is strange.

Strange!! Tired of losing?? Good question.... Are YOU!!!
Well you want FA to coming to the Knicks? What about drafting well?
What I'm suggesting is getting better with management. That why Magic. Yes, he walk away from the Lakers not because of having fun. But because he was stabbed in the back. The same as was done to Phil.

So we bring them back with a new look at things. Learn from the mistakes both made and now have full control of the organization. Just think of the possibility.

I?m not saying you?re wrong to want what you want, I just think the chances of it happening are essentially 0 percent.

Kiyaman

Legend
Strange!! Tired of losing?? Good question.... Are YOU!!!
Well you want FA to coming to the Knicks? What about drafting well?
What I'm suggesting is getting better with management. That why Magic. Yes, he walk away from the Lakers not because of having fun. But because he was stabbed in the back. The same as was done to Phil.

So we bring them back with a new look at things. Learn from the mistakes both made and now have full control of the organization. Just think of the possibility.

When HOF Phil Jackson retired from coaching the Lakers every head coach the Lakers FO
hired were BUMS, especially Dantoni, whom never had any knowlege of coaching big-men (Howard & Tyson Chandler & Shaq).
Player/coach Harden The Beard coach the Houston Rockets!
Player/coach Lebron coach the Lakers today, and wanted BUM coach Walton Fired when he arrived in LA.
Magic Johnson became the go between Lebron & Buss decision .. thats why Magic quit !!!

When HOF Phil Jackson retired from coaching the Lakers every head coach the Lakers FO
hired were BUMS, especially Dantoni, whom never had any knowlege of coaching big-men (Howard & Tyson Chandler & Shaq).
Player/coach Harden The Beard coach the Houston Rockets!
Player/coach Lebron coach the Lakers today, and wanted BUM coach Walton Fired when he arrived in LA.
Magic Johnson became the go between Lebron & Buss decision .. thats why Magic quit !!!

Last time we trade good was with Phil and Gaines.
Last time we sign good FA was with Phil and Gaines.
Now with the addition of Magic Johnson the sky would be the limits.
We can't point to anyone that has done anything close to this.

I’m not saying you’re wrong to want what you want, I just think the chances of it happening are essentially 0 percent.

Of course you are right it is 0%. I see a team LOST. As a fan I'm going back to the last point in time were we could see a future. That time for me was when Phil and Gaines were making the decisions on drafting and signing FA.
Look at 0% and look at the past things done by Phil and Gaines. Now if anybody see anything anybody has done for the Knicks let them say it now.