home.png
i
i
i
i
i

Injury Report

New York KnicksMiami Heat
Wayne Ellington - Sore left Achilles (OUT)Daryl Macon - G League Assignment (OUT)
Reggie Bullock - Cervical disc herniation (OUT)KZ Okpala - G League Assignment (OUT)
Allonzo Trier - Concussion like symptoms (OUT)Dion Waiters - Team Suspension (OUT)
Frank Ntilikina - Illness (PROB)Justise Winslow - Lower Back Strain (OUT)
Julius Randle - Sore left leg (PROB)Goran Dragić - Right Groin Strain Questionable (QUEST)

Game Preview

Two teams coming off what they hope will be momentum-gathering wins go head-to-head Friday night when the New York Knicks visit the Miami Heat.

The Knicks have gone 3-3 since turning over their coaching reins to Mike Miller, who has been fortunate enough to have a mostly healthy roster at his disposal.

The club's depth was on full display when New York's starters totaled 71 points and its reserves 72 in a 143-120 home win over Atlanta on Tuesday.

Backup Mitchell Robinson, who accounted for 22 of the points off the bench, noted after the victory that a players' meeting and the coaching change have combined to give the 21-loss club new life.

"We were pretty much tired of the way the season was going," Robinson told reporters about the reason for the meeting. "We just decided to make some changes and we did that energy-wise. And we came out and competed our (butts) off."

The Knicks have won three of their last four games and three of five since beginning a stretch in which they will play 11 of 15 on the road.

Victories at Golden State and Sacramento on last week's West Coast swing helped turn things in a positive direction, leading to Tuesday's explosion, during which New York scored 19 more points than any previous game.

The Heat have won five of their last seven, including two of three on a just completed trip. The latter two wins came against heavyweights -- Dallas and Philadelphia -- with Wednesday's attention-grabbing triumph giving the 76ers their first home loss of the season.

The meeting with the Sixers was highly anticipated for another of Jimmy Butler's returns to Philadelphia. It turned into a revenge game for Miami center Bam Adebayo, who was outscored 23-12 and outrebounded 11-5 by Joel Embiid when the Heat got drubbed 113-86 in an earlier trip north.

This time, Adebayo outscored his rival 23-22, harassing Embiid into 8-for-19 shooting.

"You can see the growth of his game," Heat coach Erik Spoelstra said about Adebayo after the win. "Him being assertive and offensive-minded helps our offense."

The Knicks and Heat will be meeting for the first time this season, and that means early Rookie of the Year contenders RJ Barrett and Kendrick Nunn finally will get a chance to duel.

Barrett has been a driving force in the Knicks' resurgence, scoring 27 points Tuesday and 22 on Dec. 11 against the Warriors.

He now ranks second among NBA rookies in steals with 32, third in rebounds (144) and fourth in scoring (384) and assists (79) entering Thursday's action.

Barrett still finds himself trailing Nunn in several categories, including scoring. Nunn leads all rookies with 462 points and 3-point makes (61) and is second in assists (101). Nunn also ranks just behind Barrett in steals with 29.

Nunn, a 24-year-old who went undrafted last season and played the whole year in the G League, had 26 points in the win at Philadelphia. He has scored 20 or more points nine times this season, with the Heat going 8-1 in those games.

(Field Level Media / cbssports.com)

Thanks, Rady.

Tough matchup tonight. Hoping to see our guys continue to play efficiently on both ends of the floor.

There was a blurb online that I read today that Miller has made subtle adjustments with the defense so that MRob stays near the hoop more often on defense but still switches out to the perimeter just enough times per game to keep the other offense guessing.

Have to imagine that Spoelstra wants his guys to crush us and make Miller look bad to try to save face for Fizdale.

Kiyaman

Legend
Thanks for Game-Thread Rady .... The Big Tough Butler's Heats having 2 of the top rookies in the league Nunn & Herro to challenge our 3rd pick RJ Barrett ???

Kiyaman

Legend
Miller at some point is going to go with Payton as the starting PG and play him 30 mins.

A smart coach will put Payton in the starter lineup when midseason arrive, bringing experience Vets off the bench is a winner right now for MitchRob & Knox & Dotson

Kiyaman

Legend
Not mad at the Knicks being down 56-32 having 6 min remain before Half
The Miami Heats dynamic 2-Way system has over match more than half the teams in the NBA this season.
I'm looking for some 2nd half strategy from Miller to reduce the lead to under double digit before crunchtime

Kiyaman

Legend
Half-Time Score .. 70 - 47 .. The Heats 5th time this season scoring 70 pts in a half !!!

Why are the Heats so good this season, and why are Heats rookies Nunn & Herro's performance one of the top-5 best rookies to get ROY?
I know .. I know! It's from having Vets Butler & Dragic's great passing-skills and team-Leadership running the offense/defense .. as Wade & Lebron did for the BIG-3 Heats yrs ago

tiger0330

Legend
RJ is a bust tonight. Can't make his layups, jump shots or freeies. Meanwhile the Heat have a guy from Div 3 that looks like Ray Allan.

Kiyaman

Legend
Taking Frank out of the starter lineup in the 2nd half for Payton is not good strategy SMH
Plus shooting 2-20 3-ball shots are not a good strategy either SMH
Fizdale (Blatt) coaching is BACK !!!
If the 3-Ball shots are not dropping its time to run a few 2 point plays and tighten up on the DEFENSE!
This are the Knicks first time going against the Butler/Dragic's Miami Heats.

Millet takes Frank out at the 7 minute mark in every game now for Payton. Payton is starting the 3rd and at the 4 minute mark no Frank. And 22 pt down.