Game thread: New York Knicks vs Milwaukee Bucks 7:30 12/21/2019 [Game #30]

mafra

Legend
Frank has had how many coaches in 2.5 seasons? He was also hurt last season, which sort of stunted his development a bit. Plus, we is young and entered league raw offensively.

With that said, he had his shot and, frankly, he didn?t run with it this year.... 20-something starts?

It?s time to invest in EP and DSJ as the PGs for 2 months... see if something sticks.

Frank?s trade value won?t increase or decrease next 30 games... A good team will trade for him, develop the kid, and he?ll become a formidable 3-&-D guy in this league... Bowen type...

So let?s do everything we can to give DSJ a Chance. See if he?s part of our future... inflate trade value.. find out now if he should be here next year.

paris401

Starter
I'd quit picking on RJ then your pet scapegoat. He's 19 and believe it or not one of the top rooks this season in a season of mediocre rookies.

first off i agree with ya... he's only 19... give him a chance...BUT... saying he is a top rook in a $hitty class isn't a vote of confidence...

tiger0330

Legend
first off i agree with ya... he's only 19... give him a chance...BUT... saying he is a top rook in a $hitty class isn't a vote of confidence...
Didn’t say shi++y said mediocre esp among the top 10 and the stick out Zion might not play at all this year. Ja should be ROY but most of these top 10 guys are like RJ, young raw talents that have moments but are inconsistent.

Ja Morant is averaging 18 ppg and 6.6 assists per game while shooting 47% from the floor and 40% from 3. He is running away with ROY.

I wonder if a few years from now we?ll be talking about how taking Zion over Ja was a huge mistake (like Oden over Durant), because of injury reasons.

As others have said, the rest of this rookie class seems to be thriving or perishing based on whether they went to a good franchise or a **** show like us.

Think I read that Fizdale’s major change was going to be starting Payton and demoting Frank. I thought Payton was the best PG of the 3 and if it was me I’d say he’d earn the starting job and the bulk of the minutes.

Please if you can find it then post it. I would definitely like to see it not that I don't believe you.

AGAIN, Does demoting Frank seen MAJOR?? Let start being honest with other and ourselves. This was MAJOR!!! This was trying to find a scapegoat. Just like Firing Fiz was a scapegoat for Mills and Perry. We all know what MAJOR means. So stop playing around with what you know needs to happen. We are suffering and Miller and most of you in this forum are playing games.

One WORD gentlemen. CHEMISTRY!!! Where is it for this team? JUST ANSWER TRUTHFULLY.... NO B.S.

Broadway

All Star
Ja Morant is averaging 18 ppg and 6.6 assists per game while shooting 47% from the floor and 40% from 3. He is running away with ROY.

I wonder if a few years from now we?ll be talking about how taking Zion over Ja was a huge mistake (like Oden over Durant), because of injury reasons.

As others have said, the rest of this rookie class seems to be thriving or perishing based on whether they went to a good franchise or a **** show like us.

Rui Hachimura is having a decent yr too, on one of the better offensive teams this season. Coby White we know what he can do. Herro is making a name for himself on one of the best teams in the NBA. PJ Wahsington and Thybulle have had some great games, especially when their teams utilize their skillset fully.

Broadway

All Star
Frank has had how many coaches in 2.5 seasons? He was also hurt last season, which sort of stunted his development a bit. Plus, we is young and entered league raw offensively.

With that said, he had his shot and, frankly, he didn?t run with it this year.... 20-something starts?

It?s time to invest in EP and DSJ as the PGs for 2 months... see if something sticks.

Frank?s trade value won?t increase or decrease next 30 games... A good team will trade for him, develop the kid, and he?ll become a formidable 3-&-D guy in this league... Bowen type...

So let?s do everything we can to give DSJ a Chance. See if he?s part of our future... inflate trade value.. find out now if he should be here next year.

I would like us to give another long look at DSJ again to be sure myself. I mean he was a key piece in the trade let's see if his personal problems to start the yr were a setback and that he's put some things behind him

mafra

Legend
I would like us to give another long look at DSJ again to be sure myself. I mean he was a key piece in the trade let's see if his personal problems to start the yr were a setback and that he's put some things behind him

I agree. We know what we have in Frank... we know what he?ll bring next year. His defense and age mean we should be cool bringing him back as a reserve. Unless a team offers a first or an attractive young player... we just sit back and see what returns next season.

What we need to determine is who will be our starting PG next year. It should?ve been Walker but we let that ship sail....

Per the KP deal, it?s imperative we start DSJ and support him to ensure he has greatest chance possible to succeed.

We know what EP is. An injury-prone tease that?s nothing more than a quality backup PG. We need to find out about DSJ. I would trade him for a 1st if opportunity presented itself. Otherwise, start him next 25 games and see what he becomes.

tiger0330

Legend
Rui Hachimura is having a decent yr too, on one of the better offensive teams this season. Coby White we know what he can do. Herro is making a name for himself on one of the best teams in the NBA. PJ Wahsington and Thybulle have had some great games, especially when their teams utilize their skillset fully.
I mentioned I like Rui and thought he was better than Culver. Also impressed with Coby though he’s like RJ, hot and cold. Mentioned Thybulle also as a steal from where he was picked. Herro and PJ better than guys picked ahead of them.

Saw this website that uses an advanced algorithm that ranks the rookies. RJ doesn’t do well in it. Here’s the link.

https://hashtagbasketball.com/nba-rookie-rankings

Kiyaman

Legend
Didn?t say shi++y said mediocre esp among the top 10 and the stick out Zion might not play at all this year. Ja should be ROY but most of these top 10 guys are like RJ, young raw talents that have moments but are inconsistent.

We just played the 2nd runner up to Ja Morant for the ROY when we played Miami .. Nunn .. and Herro has become 5th in the ROY contest.
The Miami game and the Bucks game showed the difference in a elite team vs armature Knicks team.
Both Heats and Bucks head-coaches has over 5 winning seasons in the NBA over Knicks interim coach, plus both teams starter PG have 10 yrs experience over Knicks 3rd season PG. And the Knicks has a rookie at SG.
To expect the 7-23 Knicks to do any better than what they did against a 21-8 Heats team, and a 27-4 Bucks team would be standing on your tip-toes to touch the moon.

The change in lineup, and rotation are to soon and foolish .. Payton were doing well coming off the bench, and being the Knicks closer PG. Plus the tandem of Payton & Randle didn't click to well on the NO Pelicans last season. And didn't click to well under Fizdale.
Coach Miller should let Payton ease into the starter lineup around the 42nd Knicks game.
Throwing DSJ into the rotation vs the Hawks means one thing .. the Mills/Perry/Blatt show are looking to make trades of Frank or DSJ soon.

We just played the 2nd runner up to Ja Morant for the ROY when we played Miami .. Nunn .. and Herro has become 5th in the ROY contest.
The Miami game and the Bucks game showed the difference in a elite team vs armature Knicks team.
Both Heats and Bucks head-coaches has over 5 winning seasons in the NBA over Knicks interim coach, plus both teams starter PG have 10 yrs experience over Knicks 3rd season PG. And the Knicks has a rookie at SG.
To expect the 7-23 Knicks to do any better than what they did against a 21-8 Heats team, and a 27-4 Bucks team would be standing on your tip-toes to touch the moon.

The change in lineup, and rotation are to soon and foolish .. Payton were doing well coming off the bench, and being the Knicks closer PG. Plus the tandem of Payton & Randle didn't click to well on the NO Pelicans last season. And didn't click to well under Fizdale.
Coach Miller should let Payton ease into the starter lineup around the 42nd Knicks game.
Throwing DSJ into the rotation vs the Hawks means one thing .. the Mills/Perry/Blatt show are looking to make trades of Frank or DSJ soon.
It would be a mistake to let them make any trade. You going to trust the very people who put us into this mess. SERIOUSLY!!

The time is now to make the move back to Phil and Magic .

paris401

Starter
what i trying to convey is that saying
'He's 19 and believe it or not one of the top rooks this season in a season of mediocre rookies.' ..... is not a ringing endorsement ... it's like saying the top 10 suck, but he sucks the least- as u said n i agree lets give him a bit of time , he's 19... i'm not sure who else we could have picked at #3...

tiger0330

Legend
what i trying to convey is that saying
'He's 19 and believe it or not one of the top rooks this season in a season of mediocre rookies.' ..... is not a ringing endorsement ... it's like saying the top 10 suck, but he sucks the least- as u said n i agree lets give him a bit of time , he's 19... i'm not sure who else we could have picked at #3...
Last year 2 stick outs in Luka and Trae and a very good Jaren Jackson, I like Bagley and Sexton among the top 10 picks. This year no stick outs other than Ja and the most hyped rook since LeBron might not play this year. Disappointing draft imo. Advanced analytics don't view RJ favorably, he's ranked 19th among the rookies a far cry from what you would expect of a 3 pick. His inconsistent jumper and FT must improve to warrant that 3 pick. I wanted Ja over RJ but as usual the gods did not smi!e on the Knicks and it maybe the number one pick may be a curse as well if Zion is a walking knee injury waiting to happen.

Last year 2 stick outs in Luka and Trae and a very good Jaren Jackson, I like Bagley and Sexton among the top 10 picks. This year no stick outs other than Ja and the most hyped rook since LeBron might not play this year. Disappointing draft imo. Advanced analytics don't view RJ favorably, he's ranked 19th among the rookies a far cry from what you would expect of a 3 pick. His inconsistent jumper and FT must improve to warrant that 3 pick. I wanted Ja over RJ but as usual the gods did not smi!e on the Knicks and it maybe the number one pick may be a curse as well if Zion is a walking knee injury waiting to happen.

If RJ plays like this his whole career, he will be a bust. The hope is that he is going to be one of those guys who keeps improving his game. He has prototypical NBA physicality. He seems like a stand-up person, particularly given what we have seen of his father and how he was raised. If the biggest red flags for RJ are free throw shooting and decision making, these are things that can be improved.

These teenagers who come into the league and can?t stay healthy are a much bigger worry in my mind.

tiger0330

Legend
If RJ plays like this his whole career, he will be a bust. The hope is that he is going to be one of those guys who keeps improving his game. He has prototypical NBA physicality. He seems like a stand-up person, particularly given what we have seen of his father and how he was raised. If the biggest red flags for RJ are free throw shooting and decision making, these are things that can be improved.

These teenagers who come into the league and can’t stay healthy are a much bigger worry in my mind.
I was listening to Marques Johnson the Bucks announcer earlier in the season and he was talking about the correlation of FT shooting to jump shots, and guys that never learn to shoot FTs generally never become good shooters. That's playing out in DSJ case and you can find plenty of other examples, RJ was not a good FT shooter in college and it's carried over so far in the pros, let's hope he improves otherwise it's another indictment on Mills/Perry. We all should start worrying if the light doesn't come on for RJ by the end of the season given he's been given the keys to the car.