Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 55 of 55
  1. #46
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5,300
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    Ja Morant is averaging 18 ppg and 6.6 assists per game while shooting 47% from the floor and 40% from 3. He is running away with ROY.

    I wonder if a few years from now weíll be talking about how taking Zion over Ja was a huge mistake (like Oden over Durant), because of injury reasons.

    As others have said, the rest of this rookie class seems to be thriving or perishing based on whether they went to a good franchise or a **** show like us.
    Rui Hachimura is having a decent yr too, on one of the better offensive teams this season. Coby White we know what he can do. Herro is making a name for himself on one of the best teams in the NBA. PJ Wahsington and Thybulle have had some great games, especially when their teams utilize their skillset fully.

  2. #47
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5,300
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    Frank has had how many coaches in 2.5 seasons? He was also hurt last season, which sort of stunted his development a bit. Plus, we is young and entered league raw offensively.

    With that said, he had his shot and, frankly, he didnít run with it this year.... 20-something starts?

    Itís time to invest in EP and DSJ as the PGs for 2 months... see if something sticks.

    Frankís trade value wonít increase or decrease next 30 games... A good team will trade for him, develop the kid, and heíll become a formidable 3-&-D guy in this league... Bowen type...

    So letís do everything we can to give DSJ a Chance. See if heís part of our future... inflate trade value.. find out now if he should be here next year.

    I would like us to give another long look at DSJ again to be sure myself. I mean he was a key piece in the trade let's see if his personal problems to start the yr were a setback and that he's put some things behind him

  3. #48
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    8,628
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    I would like us to give another long look at DSJ again to be sure myself. I mean he was a key piece in the trade let's see if his personal problems to start the yr were a setback and that he's put some things behind him
    I agree. We know what we have in Frank... we know what heíll bring next year. His defense and age mean we should be cool bringing him back as a reserve. Unless a team offers a first or an attractive young player... we just sit back and see what returns next season.

    What we need to determine is who will be our starting PG next year. It shouldíve been Walker but we let that ship sail....

    Per the KP deal, itís imperative we start DSJ and support him to ensure he has greatest chance possible to succeed.

    We know what EP is. An injury-prone tease thatís nothing more than a quality backup PG. We need to find out about DSJ. I would trade him for a 1st if opportunity presented itself. Otherwise, start him next 25 games and see what he becomes.

  4. #49
    12th man
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    11,533
    Rep Power
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    Rui Hachimura is having a decent yr too, on one of the better offensive teams this season. Coby White we know what he can do. Herro is making a name for himself on one of the best teams in the NBA. PJ Wahsington and Thybulle have had some great games, especially when their teams utilize their skillset fully.
    I mentioned I like Rui and thought he was better than Culver. Also impressed with Coby though he’s like RJ, hot and cold. Mentioned Thybulle also as a steal from where he was picked. Herro and PJ better than guys picked ahead of them.

    Saw this website that uses an advanced algorithm that ranks the rookies. RJ doesn’t do well in it. Here’s the link.

    https://hashtagbasketball.com/nba-rookie-rankings

  5. #50
    12th man
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,218
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    Didnít say shi++y said mediocre esp among the top 10 and the stick out Zion might not play at all this year. Ja should be ROY but most of these top 10 guys are like RJ, young raw talents that have moments but are inconsistent.
    We just played the 2nd runner up to Ja Morant for the ROY when we played Miami .. Nunn .. and Herro has become 5th in the ROY contest.
    The Miami game and the Bucks game showed the difference in a elite team vs armature Knicks team.
    Both Heats and Bucks head-coaches has over 5 winning seasons in the NBA over Knicks interim coach, plus both teams starter PG have 10 yrs experience over Knicks 3rd season PG. And the Knicks has a rookie at SG.
    To expect the 7-23 Knicks to do any better than what they did against a 21-8 Heats team, and a 27-4 Bucks team would be standing on your tip-toes to touch the moon.

    The change in lineup, and rotation are to soon and foolish .. Payton were doing well coming off the bench, and being the Knicks closer PG. Plus the tandem of Payton & Randle didn't click to well on the NO Pelicans last season. And didn't click to well under Fizdale.
    Coach Miller should let Payton ease into the starter lineup around the 42nd Knicks game.
    Throwing DSJ into the rotation vs the Hawks means one thing .. the Mills/Perry/Blatt show are looking to make trades of Frank or DSJ soon.

  6. #51
    Member Dark Raider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    354
    Rep Power
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiyaman View Post
    We just played the 2nd runner up to Ja Morant for the ROY when we played Miami .. Nunn .. and Herro has become 5th in the ROY contest.
    The Miami game and the Bucks game showed the difference in a elite team vs armature Knicks team.
    Both Heats and Bucks head-coaches has over 5 winning seasons in the NBA over Knicks interim coach, plus both teams starter PG have 10 yrs experience over Knicks 3rd season PG. And the Knicks has a rookie at SG.
    To expect the 7-23 Knicks to do any better than what they did against a 21-8 Heats team, and a 27-4 Bucks team would be standing on your tip-toes to touch the moon.

    The change in lineup, and rotation are to soon and foolish .. Payton were doing well coming off the bench, and being the Knicks closer PG. Plus the tandem of Payton & Randle didn't click to well on the NO Pelicans last season. And didn't click to well under Fizdale.
    Coach Miller should let Payton ease into the starter lineup around the 42nd Knicks game.
    Throwing DSJ into the rotation vs the Hawks means one thing .. the Mills/Perry/Blatt show are looking to make trades of Frank or DSJ soon.
    It would be a mistake to let them make any trade. You going to trust the very people who put us into this mess. SERIOUSLY!!

    The time is now to make the move back to Phil and Magic .

  7. #52
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,524
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    what i trying to convey is that saying
    'He's 19 and believe it or not one of the top rooks this season in a season of mediocre rookies.' ..... is not a ringing endorsement ... it's like saying the top 10 suck, but he sucks the least- as u said n i agree lets give him a bit of time , he's 19... i'm not sure who else we could have picked at #3...

  8. #53
    12th man
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    11,533
    Rep Power
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paris401 View Post
    what i trying to convey is that saying
    'He's 19 and believe it or not one of the top rooks this season in a season of mediocre rookies.' ..... is not a ringing endorsement ... it's like saying the top 10 suck, but he sucks the least- as u said n i agree lets give him a bit of time , he's 19... i'm not sure who else we could have picked at #3...
    Last year 2 stick outs in Luka and Trae and a very good Jaren Jackson, I like Bagley and Sexton among the top 10 picks. This year no stick outs other than Ja and the most hyped rook since LeBron might not play this year. Disappointing draft imo. Advanced analytics don't view RJ favorably, he's ranked 19th among the rookies a far cry from what you would expect of a 3 pick. His inconsistent jumper and FT must improve to warrant that 3 pick. I wanted Ja over RJ but as usual the gods did not smi!e on the Knicks and it maybe the number one pick may be a curse as well if Zion is a walking knee injury waiting to happen.

  9. #54
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    7,441
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    Last year 2 stick outs in Luka and Trae and a very good Jaren Jackson, I like Bagley and Sexton among the top 10 picks. This year no stick outs other than Ja and the most hyped rook since LeBron might not play this year. Disappointing draft imo. Advanced analytics don't view RJ favorably, he's ranked 19th among the rookies a far cry from what you would expect of a 3 pick. His inconsistent jumper and FT must improve to warrant that 3 pick. I wanted Ja over RJ but as usual the gods did not smi!e on the Knicks and it maybe the number one pick may be a curse as well if Zion is a walking knee injury waiting to happen.
    If RJ plays like this his whole career, he will be a bust. The hope is that he is going to be one of those guys who keeps improving his game. He has prototypical NBA physicality. He seems like a stand-up person, particularly given what we have seen of his father and how he was raised. If the biggest red flags for RJ are free throw shooting and decision making, these are things that can be improved.

    These teenagers who come into the league and canít stay healthy are a much bigger worry in my mind.

  10. #55
    12th man
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    11,533
    Rep Power
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    If RJ plays like this his whole career, he will be a bust. The hope is that he is going to be one of those guys who keeps improving his game. He has prototypical NBA physicality. He seems like a stand-up person, particularly given what we have seen of his father and how he was raised. If the biggest red flags for RJ are free throw shooting and decision making, these are things that can be improved.

    These teenagers who come into the league and can’t stay healthy are a much bigger worry in my mind.
    I was listening to Marques Johnson the Bucks announcer earlier in the season and he was talking about the correlation of FT shooting to jump shots, and guys that never learn to shoot FTs generally never become good shooters. That's playing out in DSJ case and you can find plenty of other examples, RJ was not a good FT shooter in college and it's carried over so far in the pros, let's hope he improves otherwise it's another indictment on Mills/Perry. We all should start worrying if the light doesn't come on for RJ by the end of the season given he's been given the keys to the car.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 44
    Last Post: Dec 05, 2019, 16:33
  2. Replies: 19
    Last Post: Dec 26, 2018, 17:15
  3. Replies: 13
    Last Post: Mar 10, 2017, 09:06
  4. Replies: 44
    Last Post: Jan 07, 2017, 19:11
  5. Replies: 37
    Last Post: Jan 06, 2017, 17:37

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •