Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    12th man

I would give up on DSJ if looking for a guy to trade. Look at a guy like Brook Lopez who through practice has made himself a good 3 pt shooter but DSJ works on his shot all summer and is worse than last year, I'd question whether he'll ever have a good jump shot. Nits the same, hasn't improved but at least he has size and can defend. I'd be moving on from both guys as a starting PG though.

If you don't see any change then that demotion wasn't your problem. Was IT!!

Identify the problem and quit looking for scapegoats.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Raider View Post
    If you don't see any change then that demotion wasn't your problem. Was IT!!

Identify the problem and quit looking for scapegoats.
    I'd quit picking on RJ then your pet scapegoat. He's 19 and believe it or not one of the top rooks this season in a season of mediocre rookies.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    Reggie Bullock is a good shooter and 3 and D guy, he might help the shooting when he gets back. RJ may become more consistent and maybe Ellington can hit jumpers at his career avg. Knicks have shot terribly this half.
    Breen and Clyde talking about Reggie coming back soon.

Veteran

Disagree, that was a dumb ass pass caused by the pressure which he dribbles into. Still don't like this 3 PG rotation, DSJ is in so all 3 guys have played the point before the half.

I agree Tig

I look at 2 things from the PG position...their ability to distribute the basketball(also known as getting assists), and pace at which they play at. Payton is better than both DSJ and STANK. The other thing I look at is when you consider their best games...how great an impact did they have and what was the arc from it. Again Payton has the edge here but DSJ is also capable. STANK has a slight edge in 3pt shooting and defense but it's at such a suboptimal level it's had extremely little TEAM impact and doesn't move the needle

STANK being the squeaky clean cut nice guy from Europe won't cut it for me, never did
    Last edited by Broadway; Dec 22, 2019 at 00:39.

I'd quit picking on RJ then your pet scapegoat. He's 19 and believe it or not one of the top rooks this season in a season of mediocre rookies.
    It not about RJ being my pet scapegoat. We just make a change in the starting lineup? YES. Was there any change in the team? NO!!
    So if the demotion of Frank wasn't the answer to the team problems. THEN WHAT IS?? Fiz said he was going to make a major change to the starting lineup. Does demoting Frank seen like a major change? NO!!

Quit trying to make RJ a star when you so two good rookie last night.

Again, Identify the problem!!!

12th man

RJ is 8th in the NBA top 10 rookie count for ROY.
    Changing lineups was so stupid of coach Miller ..
    Especially, using Frank as the scapegoat to change starter lineup, plus adding a Tier-4 PG DSJ to the rotation.
    Putting Payton in the starter lineup was STUPID! When Payton was doing great for the bench lineup.

Tonight, the Bucks beat us down pitifully in every quarter of the GAME !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    I agree Tig

I look at 2 things from the PG position...their ability to distribute the basketball(also known as getting assists), and pace in which they play at. Payton is better than both DSJ and STANK. The other thing I look at is when you consider their best games...how great of an impact did they had and what was the arc from it. Again Payton has the edge here but DSJ is also capable. STANK has a slight edge in 3pt shooting and defense but it's at such a suboptimal level it has extremely little TEAM impact and doesn't move the needle

STANK being the squeaky clean cut nice guy from Europe won't cut it for me, never did
    Well, it obvious of one thing you do listen(Move the Needle). Wonder where you got that from, Hmmmm. Maybe you should listen to some other things and remember them. Outside of that those few words the rest your comments aren't very good observation.

Again Why is RJ on the floor late in the 4th quarter. You guess it gang. They are trying to pad his stat's so they can talk about how GREAT he is as a rookie. BS!!!

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Raider View Post
    It not about RJ being my pet scapegoat. We just make a change in the starting lineup? YES. Was there any change in the team? NO!!
    So if the demotion of Frank wasn't the answer to the team problems. THEN WHAT IS?? Fiz said he was going to make a major change to the starting lineup. Does demoting Frank seen like a major change? NO!!

Quit trying to make RJ a star when you so two good rookie last night.

Again, Identify the problem!!!
    Think I read that Fizdale’s major change was going to be starting Payton and demoting Frank. I thought Payton was the best PG of the 3 and if it was me I’d say he’d earn the starting job and the bulk of the minutes.

Frank has had how many coaches in 2.5 seasons? He was also hurt last season, which sort of stunted his development a bit. Plus, we is young and entered league raw offensively.

With that said, he had his shot and, frankly, he didnít run with it this year.... 20-something starts?

Itís time to invest in EP and DSJ as the PGs for 2 months... see if something sticks.

Frankís trade value wonít increase or decrease next 30 games... A good team will trade for him, develop the kid, and heíll become a formidable 3-&-D guy in this league... Bowen type...

So letís do everything we can to give DSJ a Chance. See if heís part of our future... inflate trade value.. find out now if he should be here next year.

Veteran

first off i agree with ya... he's only 19... give him a chance...BUT... saying he is a top rook in a $hitty class isn't a vote of confidence...

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by paris401 View Post
    first off i agree with ya... he's only 19... give him a chance...BUT... saying he is a top rook in a $hitty class isn't a vote of confidence...
    Didn’t say shi++y said mediocre esp among the top 10 and the stick out Zion might not play at all this year. Ja should be ROY but most of these top 10 guys are like RJ, young raw talents that have moments but are inconsistent.

Veteran

Ja Morant is averaging 18 ppg and 6.6 assists per game while shooting 47% from the floor and 40% from 3. He is running away with ROY.

I wonder if a few years from now weíll be talking about how taking Zion over Ja was a huge mistake (like Oden over Durant), because of injury reasons.

As others have said, the rest of this rookie class seems to be thriving or perishing based on whether they went to a good franchise or a **** show like us.

Think I read that Fizdale’s major change was going to be starting Payton and demoting Frank. I thought Payton was the best PG of the 3 and if it was me I’d say he’d earn the starting job and the bulk of the minutes.
    Please if you can find it then post it. I would definitely like to see it not that I don't believe you.

AGAIN, Does demoting Frank seen MAJOR?? Let start being honest with other and ourselves. This was MAJOR!!! This was trying to find a scapegoat. Just like Firing Fiz was a scapegoat for Mills and Perry. We all know what MAJOR means. So stop playing around with what you know needs to happen. We are suffering and Miller and most of you in this forum are playing games.

One WORD gentlemen. CHEMISTRY!!! Where is it for this team? JUST ANSWER TRUTHFULLY.... NO B.S.