Game thread: New York Knicks vs Washington Wizards 7:00 12/23/2019 [Game #31]

mafra

Legend
Troy Brown Jr just posted a monster line vs us bc our PGs suck. I?m out. See everyone this summer. Nothing worth watching anymore.

Now that you have seen the MAJOR lineup change. Let see if any of you in this forum got the guts to now start calling out what needs to be done. WE JUST GOT BEAT BY A G-LEAGUE TEAM. If benching Frank was MAJOR then what should happen now??

The word is still CHEMISTRY. The players that should be starting are the ones that have the Chemistry from last year. Fiz and now Miller should know that if they are capable and knowledgeable coaches those were the players that should start. It look like both are very knowledgeable or smart. I don't need to tell who was on this team from last year. To all of you put together a starting unit made up of those players.

Troy Brown Jr just posted a monster line vs us bc our PGs suck. I’m out. See everyone this summer. Nothing worth watching anymore.

OH... Hell NO!!
You got to stay because you been on this RJ bandwagon. Starting him when he shouldn't be playing let along starting. His defense has been the MAJOR
problem with this team. The starting unit is play 4 on 5 and Frank is defending two players because of his sorry defense. We are suffering because Mills/Perry didn't see the need to trade back and then have to save face with their mistake. Stay and cheer for your 19 year old mistake. Like what you some said about Mills/Perry they are the ones that should be made to coach this team. You been all for this disaster.

Disappointing loss. Going away from Ntilikina does seem like a mistake. I still have some hope for Miller. He is a good back to basics coach. Be prepared. Play hard. Execute.

No question that this team should be trying to acquire assets though. Take some bad contracts back. We are never going to be a player in free agency at this rate, so what does it matter?

mafra

Legend
Players from last year?

So we should start 5/6 from this bunch?Frank, DSJ, Dotson, MRob, Knox and Trier? Lol....

We stuck bc we don?t have a starting PG, we don?t have a consistent shooter from downtown and we don?t have a guy who can score when game is on line and we need a bucket.

Doesn?t matter who we start....

DSJ played 6 minutes and was a minus 13. How was that even possible?

Ntilikina and MRob had the best plus/minus ratings. A lineup based around Ntilikina defending the point of attack and MRob defending the rim is our best chance to compete. It will give us a bigger margin error with our erratic offense.

If I was Miller, I?d go heavy minutes with MRob, Randle, Morris, RJ, and Ntilikina. That lineup has the least chance of getting run off the court on a nightly basis.

Payton puts up stats, but we get outplayed when he is on the court.

tiger0330

Legend
Players from last year?

So we should start 5/6 from this bunch?Frank, DSJ, Dotson, MRob, Knox and Trier? Lol....

We stuck bc we don’t have a starting PG, we don’t have a consistent shooter from downtown and we don’t have a guy who can score when game is on line and we need a bucket.

Doesn’t matter who we start....
Mills and Perry are not giving up on a team that they spent 70M on and said the fans are going to love them. Bullock might be a difference maker and Ellington might still have a role when we try to stack the offense with 3 pt shooters like we could have used in the final minutes tonight. Plenty of time before the trade deadline to trade a guy to a playoff team, Clips got beat by the Thunder with Kawhi out with a sore knee, do you think they won’t trade their first this year for MM.

DSJ and Ntilikina suck at PG, why have two projects on the squad, I’m dealing one of them to the first sucker that will give us a first even if the first is in 2025.

Players from last year?

We stuck bc we don’t have a starting PG, we don’t have a consistent shooter from downtown and we don’t have a guy who can score when game is on line and we need a bucket.

Doesn’t matter who we start....

Why don't you stop complaining about a PG. Have stop to think that this team does better when it doesn't shoot 3's. When they are taking the ball to the basket. If you have plow Horses you don't run in races. A good coach... coaches to his talent not the other way around.

There is enough chemistry from that "BUNCH" to be competitive and better than that so-Bunch of square pegs that playing now. The question become simply this 'WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO LOSE"??
May you need another history lesson(like Wes Unseld). Remember when Seattle bench their starting 5 unit a few year ago...Well many years ago. Slick Watts and company went to the bench and the Smith, Johnson(I think) and company became the starter. Well if you remember they became a different team and started winning. Now that may not happen with the Knicks but again 'What do you have to Lose'??

mafra

Legend
I just don?t understand why DSJ only plays a few minutes? Just doesn?t make sense, unless he?s (not) doing something in practice or something.

What defense were we in where we allowed Payton and Troy Brown to look like John Wall?

I just don’t understand why DSJ only plays a few minutes? Just doesn’t make sense, unless he’s (not) doing something in practice or something.

What defense were we in where we allowed Payton and Troy Brown to look like John Wall?

It Beals you should be talking about that was RJ man!!!

mafra

Legend

Why don't you stop complaining about a PG. Have stop to think that this team does better when it doesn't shoot 3's. When they are taking the ball to the basket. If you have plow Horses you don't run in races. A good coach... coaches to his talent not the other way around.

There is enough chemistry from that "BUNCH" to be competitive and better than that so-Bunch of square pegs that playing now. The question become simply this 'WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO LOSE"??
May you need another history lesson(like Wes Unseld). Remember when Seattle bench their starting 5 unit a few year ago...Well many years ago. Slick Watts and company went to the bench and the Smith, Johnson(I think) and company became the starter. Well if you remember they became a different team and started winning. Now that may not happen with the Knicks but again 'What do you have to Lose'??

Do you even watch sports? Winning builds chemistry and you won?t win in NBA these days without a PG. This ain?t 1950 or 1980 or even 1999... It?s a guard-driven league and you won?t win without a PG.

Same as NFL, trying to win without a QB is a struggle. You have to be perfect in every other area.

I?ve been consistently bitching about PG here since 2007.... Duhon days. I?ve been looking for a PG since Mark Jax and Rod Strix left.

Chemistry? In a Dolan org? Is it the 3 coaches in 4 years? The 2 GMs? The constant roster turnover?

Stop blaming RJ for all our woes. The run deeper than that.

Broadway

All Star
DSJ played 6 minutes and was a minus 13. How was that even possible?

Ntilikina and MRob had the best plus/minus ratings. A lineup based around Ntilikina defending the point of attack and MRob defending the rim is our best chance to compete. It will give us a bigger margin error with our erratic offense.

Again don?t use +/- to rationalize anything about this team, there will be contradiction beyond high heavens if you do

Take for instance right before Knits got taken out of the starting lineup [Heat Game] that very game he was -9 and DSJ was +10

+/- is truly the most fools gold stat there is and should never be used in particular case to justify or make sense of anything about this team

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
Again don’t use +/- to rationalize anything about this team, there will be contradiction beyond high heavens if you do

Take for instance right before Knits got taken out of the starting lineup [Heat Game] that very game he was -9 and DSJ was +10

+/- is truly rh
I agree about +/- B but DSJ sucked in the 7 minutes he played so he deserved that -13 he put up tonight.

Beal? Didn’t he chuck 38 shots to score 30 points?

Are you saying a 19-yr-old rookie, who should be a freshman in college, struggles with defensive concepts? That’s news?

You have never said anything about how many shots RJ take to make 10 or 15 pts. So why is it important in respect to Beal?

If that 19 yr-old rookie can't defend his man then he indeed needs to be in college. Nobody told his no-defending butt to come out of college. You got to do self evaluation and not listen to the hype that these no-nothing about BB people tell you. It's news when you put that 19 yr-old in the starting lineup and blame the PG for his sorry defense. Losing his man and letting his man go then go under the basket to rebound.

Broadway

All Star
I agree about +/- B but DSJ sucked in the 7 minutes he played so he deserved that -13 he put up tonight.

I agree, the thing is though this wouldn?t necessarily happen to Randle or any of our high rotation players who when it gets down to it have had the greater portion of blame playerwise when looking at stats and minutes played and end results

I?m more than okay to move on from any player not named RJ. Matter of fact I could?ve made sense moving DSJ for Clarkson like the Jazz did in Exum?s case