Game thread: New York Knicks vs Brooklyn Nets 7:30 12/26/2019 [Game #32]

tiger0330

Legend
I better not hear after the game that they didn't have focus for the Nets game like for the Wiz game. MM back which has to help.

Kiyaman

Legend
Putting Payton in the starter lineup was a DUM coach move .. Payton's performance doesnt help Gibson, iso-RJ, iso-Randle, or iso-Morris in the starter lineup.

tiger0330

Legend
They just flashed Dinwiddies stats and in his 5th year he's finally become an NBA player which gives hope for DSJ and Nits but the difference is Dinwiddie improved every year, our guys not so much esp DSJ. Berman said he ought to forget everything he did in the summer and who he did it with.

tiger0330

Legend
Looks like the Nets are the ones who will complain about the lack of focus. They just let Dotson walk in from the 3pt line unimpeded for a layup.

Kiyaman

Legend
They just flashed Dinwiddies stats and in his 5th year he's finally become an NBA player which gives hope for DSJ and Nits but the difference is Dinwiddie improved every year, our guys not so much esp DSJ. Berman said he ought to forget everything he did in the summer and who he did it with.

We should've kept Fisher or Horn to develop the guards

tiger0330

Legend
Clyde one of the 50 greatest players and who knows something about PGs said Nits picks up his dribble way too early, something I've been saying from day 1. Called him an enigma and guys around here think he should be the starting PG?

tiger0330

Legend
Knicks take a 46-41 half time lead. JR with 20points incl 4 3s.

Nets well below their season 3 pt pct. Need to keep them well below it to win this.

tiger0330

Legend
Watching KD and KI sitting on the bench maybe a blessing not signing those guys and not having all that dough doing nothing. We'll see when both those guys are back to see if the Nets have regrets.

Nice game so far for the Knicks. That Washington game was disappointing, but otherwise Knicks seem to be much more consistent under Miller.

If the Knicks hold on to win tonight, Miller will have won as many games as head coach in 10 games as Fizdale won in 22 games.

mafra

Legend
Watching KD and KI sitting on the bench maybe a blessing not signing those guys and not having all that dough doing nothing. We'll see when both those guys are back to see if the Nets have regrets.

We were so desperate for being halfway decent... I had my heart set on that duo, but as soon as the Achilles ruptured.... it just didn?t make sense for us.

Kyrie and KD will be eaten alive by this media market and I welcome it. They didn?t have guts to come to NYK.

We should be 3-0 vs these bums this year!

Kiyaman

Legend
Clyde one of the 50 greatest players and who knows something about PGs said Nits picks up his dribble way too early, something I've been saying from day 1. Called him an enigma and guys around here think he should be the starting PG?

Frank's the best starter on this Knicks roster .. if we had a decent coaching-staff the past 3 years they would've checked Frank on picking up his dribble to fast on a ball-hogging isolation system team SMH

mafra

Legend
We should see more of Frank and MRob. Crazy to think EP and MRob have shared court more minutes this season than Frank and Mitch!

Midrange Randle with 33....

tiger0330

Legend
No question we missed MM. MRob deserves to be in the starting lineup. Forget that 3 headed PG lineup, use DSJ injury to bench him and go with a 2 pg lineup, maybe even give Kadeem a shot. Not happy with what Nits gives us at even the 2nd unit PG spot.

mafra

Legend
Nets under 30% shooting tonight. Last time KNicks held an opponent under thirty pct was April 2012. Nets only have made 7 2-point buckets!!! That?s happened like twice in NBA history.

Broadway

All Star
The positive trend continues with Miller and Randle/M-Rob

The point guard change in starting lineup was a plus(Payton getting healthy)

Good sign coming out of the break ready to play