Game thread: New York Knicks vs Brooklyn Nets 7:30 12/26/2019 [Game #32]

tiger0330

Legend
Mike Woodson was 109 - 79 as Knicks head coach. The quick trigger on firing him after one losing season where the team gelled at the end of the season and just missed the 8th seed seems nuts in retrospect.

Somehow this franchise has a long history of losers yet still turns quickly against guys who win here the second they slip up.

Mills needs to go.
They fired Grunwald over one bad deal he made, the Bargnani trade, despite the fact the Knicks last made the playoffs while he was GM. GG’s successor, you guessed it Steve Mills, time for Mills to depart the scene. GG was reassigned to be a consultant to Mills, I wouldn’t want Mills anywhere the Knicks b-ball operations, let him be in charge of the concessions instead.

Kiyaman

Legend
Miller in post game.... basically, he said, “as we figure out what we’re good at, we shape our identity and how we play.”

I’m watching Mavs and I still can’t believe we gave KP away on a whim, prayer, and a dream. Mills played by Kyrie and KD. Really??! DSJ And 2 late first rounders is all we get?

DSJ!!! Really???? How? Walsh family killing Knicks again for another decade.

Yes the Mills/Perry show got to GO !!!
I believe the KP Trade to the Mavs were the Biggest reason Kyrie and Durant took the detour to Brooklyn.
The Knicks having two young future star big-men in KP & MitchRob would've made it easy for Kyrie and Durant to make the Knicks an above .500 team easy. Both KP and MitchRob give you block-shots plus they score easy, the only need both had was a big-Man coach to teach them how to set good Picks and great screens for Kyrie/KD and teammates. The same thing Randle need now that he didn't learn on the LA Lakers poor program, or the NO Pelicans small-ball coach Gentry.

The (16-14) Nets has been performing as a .500 team .... So basically .. without DLo, Durant & Kyrie the Nets offense is 4 out side the 3-ball line, 1 inside to run a pickNroll, the team makes a lot of wise passes in their ball-movement then jack up a 3 ball shot within 15 to 20 seconds .. the Nets head-coach Kenny Atkinson is very confident in his innovative system without the two scoring star players !!!

The Knicks isolation-system performance were .... 40% FG (37-92), 31% 3-Ball (9-29), 73% FT (11-15), and 60 rbs without any team chemistry.
The Nets Christmas hang-over shooting were terrible .... 26% FG (21-78), 26% 3-Ball (13-50), 75% FT (27-36), and 50 rbs having chemistry on the court.

Kiyaman

Legend
They fired Grunwald over one bad deal he made, the Bargnani trade, despite the fact the Knicks last made the playoffs while he was GM. GG’s successor, you guessed it Steve Mills, time for Mills to depart the scene. GG was reassigned to be a consultant to Mills, I wouldn’t want Mills anywhere the Knicks b-ball operations, let him be in charge of the concessions instead.

Grunwald was good & real BAD!
Grunwald should've forced Dolan's hand to resign LinSanity the same week HOF Jason Kidd signed a 2 yr contract.
It was HOF Jason Kidd's presence on the Knicks that had the old-timers sign on to the Knicks.
Grunwald should've resigned a few of the Old-Timer players as assistants on the Knicks coaching-staff, after the 54 Win season.
Especially Kidd, Rasheed, and Kurt Thomas.
GM Grunwald got to greedy on the (under the table) perks he received from Toronto for taking BUST Bargnani $$$ contract in a trade.

Kiyaman

Legend
Dallas did the old trick of 'Salting a diamond Mine'. DSJ had a triple double the night before the trade. They save him the ball and told him to do whatever. Nobody said why did DSJ leave the team? Why was he starting anymore? Dom just took the starting job away from him and he couldn't take it.

What did you say, "It deeper than that"!!!

We had a few Knick fans and Knick analyst who wanted Phil Jackson to select DSJ in the draft instead of Frank, that the Mills/Perry show got wind of after Lebron's comment of Frank vs DSJ .. when Lebron won a championship, and 3 trips to the FINALS having a backcourt of Iman Shumpert & JR Smith dynamic defense.