Game thread: New York Knicks vs Brooklyn Nets 7:30 12/26/2019 [Game #32]

Broadway

All Star
Early in the season I said we should run offense through Randle but in a way to reign him in and Miller may have figured this out

It?s sad our overall young talent can?t produce consistently outside of RJ and even he has his struggles. Perry better start figuring out our development side within the org otherwise he can go quickly

tiger0330

Legend
The rare laugher for the Knicks. Calling this a W with the Knicks up 77-57 late in the 3rd.

Atkinson just threw in the towel going to his 2nd unit with 4 mins left. First time the Knicks have held their opponent to less than 30% since 2012. We've set some records like that this year which gives hope we might not be that bad, Bullock and Ellington will be back soon, let's see if we can turn the ship around when those guys are back. If I were Miller I would consider pushing RJ back to the second unit for Bullock.

Broadway

All Star
Frank's the best starter on this Knicks roster .. if we had a decent coaching-staff the past 3 years they would've checked Frank on picking up his dribble to fast on a ball-hogging isolation system team SMH

STANK is absolutely not the best starter enough of the STANNING for him

mafra

Legend
Nets 13-50 from downtown... 8-28 from the inside the arc... 27-36 from the charity stripe.

1st win of season when Knicks don?t score at least 100 points.

Broadway

All Star
Atkinson just threw in the towel going to his 2nd unit with 4 mins left. First time the Knicks have held their opponent to less than 30% since 2012. We've set some records like that this year which gives hope we might not be that bad, Bullock and Ellington will be back soon, let's see if we can turn the ship around when those guys are back. If I were Miller I would consider pushing RJ back to the second unit for Bullock.

Tug I don?t want to insert those guys in too soon. although they may be itching to play. We need some roster continuity and less of trying to play everyone and anyone just because

mafra

Legend

Yes. No tank. We need to finish strong and give this team something to build on moving forward...

tiger0330

Legend
Knicks held the Nets to 8 2 pt shots made, the fewest made since 1979 in the NBA.

Nets took 50 3s made 13.

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
Tug I don’t want to insert those guys in too soon. although they may be itching to play. We need some roster continuity and less of trying to play everyone and anyone just because
We need shooting, getting beat by these superior shooting teams. I'm hoping those guys can supply that. We do need a defined roster and Payton MRob should be part of the starting 5. DSJ needs to be DNP.

Kiyaman

Legend
Nice game so far for the Knicks. That Washington game was disappointing, but otherwise Knicks seem to be much more consistent under Miller.

If the Knicks hold on to win tonight, Miller will have won as many games as head coach in 10 games as Fizdale won in 22 games.

Miller need to stop all the experimenting and run more ball-movement in his rotation while tightening on the defense

tiger0330

Legend
Hahn saying what I said Fiz should do, forget JR being a point F and just.let him.do what he's good at which is be a beast down low. I'm guessing Miller has something to do with the change in JR'S play.

mafra

Legend
Miller in post game.... basically, he said, ?as we figure out what we?re good at, we shape our identity and how we play.?

I?m watching Mavs and I still can?t believe we gave KP away on a whim, prayer, and a dream. Mills played by Kyrie and KD. Really??! DSJ And 2 late first rounders is all we get?

DSJ!!! Really???? How? Walsh family killing Knicks again for another decade.

tiger0330

Legend
Miller in post game.... basically, he said, “as we figure out what we’re good at, we shape our identity and how we play.”

I’m watching Mavs and I still can’t believe we gave KP away on a whim, prayer, and a dream. Mills played by Kyrie and KD. Really??! DSJ And 2 late first rounders is all we get?

DSJ!!! Really???? How? Walsh family killing Knicks again for another decade.
What gets me Mills thought he was a genius after he made the deal, literally bragging about it to the NY press. THJ actually has made it back into the starting lineup for the Mavs so we gave up two starting players for a guy that is probably going to be DNP for the rest of the season.

Broadway

All Star
We need shooting, getting beat by these superior shooting teams. I'm hoping those guys can supply that. We do need a defined roster and Payton MRob should be part of the starting 5. DSJ needs to be DNP.

Then Dotson and Trier need to sit completely too. I want to see a coach commit to a 9 man rotation for 15-20gms

Pick the players, doesn?t matter to me

What I don?t want to see...Ellington and Bullock and Allen for 5gms, we get blown out in 2 of them and we?re back to playing musical chairs with the roster again

We?ve been experimenting for far too long

Fun fact: this was our first win in our division this season. The Knicks had previously been 0 - 8 in our division under Fizdale.

mafra

Legend
What gets me Mills thought he was a genius after he made the deal, literally bragging about it to the NY press. THJ actually has made it back into the starting lineup for the Mavs so we gave up two starting players for a guy that is probably going to be DNP for the rest of the season.

Amen. With KP, perhaps we have a shot at Kemba... And we have Walker, THjr, Morris, KP, Robinson. Ah, oh well... like you said, it?s not just the pain we must endure for being helpless as our idiotic front office hastily giving DAL a Robyn to their new Bat Man... we knew Cuban was desperate for this pairing... At the least, we should?ve gotten a haul similar to what we sent to DEN for Melo...

Anyway, the hardest thing to stomach... the added insult... It?s the stinging feeling of humiliation as our clueless leader-in-chief de jour gloats over getting fleeced by DAL in a street game of 3-card monte.

Ewing

Benchwarmer
We finally witnessed some intense D by our guys, hopefully they can understand that they might not be that gifted and the only way to pick-up some wins is to give their souls on the defensive end.

Dallas did the old trick of 'Salting a diamond Mine'. DSJ had a triple double the night before the trade. They save him the ball and told him to do whatever. Nobody said why did DSJ leave the team? Why was he starting anymore? Dom just took the starting job away from him and he couldn't take it.

What did you say, "It deeper than that"!!!

mafra

Legend
Larry Brown, Donnie Walsh, Phil Jaxson, Mike D?antoni... list is long of proven, HOF b-ball minds who came to NY and fell on their swords... with their success and track records, can we blame all of them in total for their individual failure here at MSG? Or is the man behind the curtain, the common denominator the last 20 years to blame?

Would any franchise in NBA, Europe, China, Latin America hire Steve Mills in any capacity? I doubt it... yet he remains the hand of the king here?

Larry Brown, Donnie Walsh, Phil Jaxson, Mike D?antoni... list is long of proven, HOF b-ball minds who came to NY and fell on their swords... with their success and track records, can we blame all of them in total for their individual failure here at MSG? Or is the man behind the curtain, the common denominator the last 20 years to blame?

Would any franchise in NBA, Europe, China, Latin America hire Steve Mills in any capacity? I doubt it... yet he remains the hand of the king here?

Mike Woodson was 109 - 79 as Knicks head coach. The quick trigger on firing him after one losing season where the team gelled at the end of the season and just missed the 8th seed seems nuts in retrospect.

Somehow this franchise has a long history of losers yet still turns quickly against guys who win here the second they slip up.

Mills needs to go.